Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: Infusion pre-release megathread

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Give me pockets, give me 8 pockets on cargo pants, 5 pockets on backpacks, 4 pockets in backpacks, 4 pockets in each of those pockets, 1 pocket on the helmet, 6 pockets on the jacket, 5 pockets on my dog's armor, 3 pockets attached to my belt, 1 pocket in my underwear
This is your brain on NEO Scavenger.

Jacov

Educated
Ah, Styg played Tarkov it seems
532902951_2019-01-2521-37(0).thumb.png.3851c7e9a9feee0b986c38ac46a082bd.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Working on sledgehammers atm. In terms of crafting, they are simpler than most weapons, you just need a handle and a head. Of course, crafting more advanced hammer heads will be its own challenge.
1707520957315.png
Mechanics-wise, it is my intention to make the sledgehammers probably the highest damage output weapon in the game, outside energy weapons and explosives. One major drawback of the weapon is going to be its attack speed, which will make it impractical against nimble targets.

std::namespace

thats not how you hold a fucking gigantic sledge
pathetic, its not even animated yet

ciox

Liturgist
Guess there's a new stat for melee weapons, or 'impact speed' was turned into something that applies to more weapons.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Mechanics-wise, it is my intention to make the sledgehammers probably the highest damage output weapon in the game, outside energy weapons and explosives.
higher than 3str spear throw?

Litmanen

Educated
The biggest problem i have so far is the release date. Sometimes in 2030s. Everything else (not much) looks good or ok.
The thing is: Underrail came out in 2015. We are in 2024 and it has changed several times.

To have the complete experience with Infusion, is not important the relase date but that when It will be complete.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
@lukaszek is the resident knife guy
yeah, dont know what think about this. energy/shock is nothing new. It appears that we are getting 1 more knife type.
And none of them look like high tech shiv :negative:

ciox

Liturgist
I assume the idea is that the knife handle now modifies stats when crafting, otherwise that's all nearly the same as the original. There should be a handle with a handguard for better parrying too, what is this slackin'.

CHEMS

Scholar
Who tf asked for better graphics?!
tbh i don't think this 3D stuff is better, Underrail is one of the few games i've seen that made pixel graphics look beautiful

but i get it the 3D is necessary for the new combat mechanics they're cooking up

ciox

Liturgist
There is nothing wrong with the graphics at all, they just keep zooming in autistically at 30x when there is no reason to do so.
This extends to the latest materials for the base game, such as the trailer for Underrail Heavy Duty being recorded with the in-game zoom level set at 150% which has awful scaling artifacts.

The concept itself is legit, sleek modern games have cool details and aren't so zoomed out they look like an obscure roguelike, but it doesn't work out in practice.

https://stygiansoftware.com/infusion/devlogs/1-codename-infusion.html this devlog shows what Infusion looks like when it's not under a giant magnifying glass

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I assume the idea is that the knife handle now modifies stats when crafting, otherwise that's all nearly the same as the original. There should be a handle with a handguard for better parrying too, what is this slackin'.
i focused on blades. What we can see here are 3 shapes that we already know: tichrome dagger, tungsten combat knife and serrated steel knife.
Extra one looks like bayonet and I wonder if its meant to be attached. Or perhaps its just a variation of existing steel dagger.

I sort of expect that besides visuals there will be nothing new

ciox

Liturgist
i focused on blades. What we can see here are 3 shapes that we already know: tichrome dagger, tungsten combat knife and serrated steel knife.
Extra one looks like bayonet and I wonder if its meant to be attached. Or perhaps its just a variation of existing steel dagger.

I sort of expect that besides visuals there will be nothing new
Backstab knife is my guess. I would definitely expect new stuff, it's a new game. In fact I would expect way better balance of crafting components with less unused components.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom