Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Parabalus

Arcane
Started a new run, here instead of robots Acolytes spawned in the random dungeon. Hilarious how huge the difference is - they are both easier to take down, and drop a shit ton of loot. They give you >20 molotovs.

Is there any reason to turn that quest in, though? No reward vs selling the ring.

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
Started a new run, here instead of robots Acolytes spawned in the random dungeon. Hilarious how huge the difference is - they are both easier to take down, and drop a shit ton of loot. They give you >20 molotovs.

Is there any reason to turn that quest in, though? No reward vs selling the ring.

Lately i'm only getting dogs in the dungeon, and i fucking hate dogs. On dominating, there's pitbulls there too.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
So i made a new guy. A metathermics knifer running SI. Say, is it really important to crank will till 18? I think i can run this with 10 tops. While higher will affects psi damage output, higher dex will allow me more attacks and crit chance.
I definitely wouldn't put 18 into will even on a pure psi build personally, especially with the introduction of psi-slots. The opportunity cost of doing so is to high, for to little benefit imo.

The difference between 18 will and say 14 will is only 54 points. 18 to 12 only 82 points. Is that worth 4 to 6 whole ability points you have to neglect another attribute for? Those 4 points could be put into int to give you more slots and skill points to work with, or into dex as you said to boost your melee. You can get around 60-80 extra psi skill points from gear alone, as well as a neuroscopic enhancement to boost your main damage ability by 50+%.

I'd say get 10-14 will, put the rest into whatever else you want.

Tigranes

Arcane
So Expeditions bugged on me in interesting ways.

Talk tough to Briggs + unauthorised medicine handout for muties => Get back & the Open Sesame scene plays out normally.
Briggs radios to come speak to him & merchants say he's pissed off, but talking to him only gets the "look for microchip" speech bubble.
If I sleep in bed, it triggers kidnapping even though I haven't even done horticulture yet. Kidnapping dialogues proceed normally, but everything else remains the same.
So instead of sleeping I went and did horticulture. I come back and kidnapping plays out.

So, uh, oh well. Joined the pirates. I guess I'll finally have to actually do some jet ski combat

CHEMS

Scholar

Talk tough to Briggs + unauthorised medicine handout for muties => Get back & the Open Sesame scene plays out normally.
Briggs radios to come speak to him & merchants say he's pissed off, but talking to him only gets the "look for microchip" speech bubble.
If I sleep in bed, it triggers kidnapping even though I haven't even done horticulture yet. Kidnapping dialogues proceed normally, but everything else remains the same.
So instead of sleeping I went and did horticulture. I come back and kidnapping plays out.

So, uh, oh well. Joined the pirates. I guess I'll finally have to actually do some jet ski combat

Horticulture doesn't actually trigger the kidnapping. The professor's gonna be kidnapped randomly anytime after you've done Nexus, but it will always trigger if you sleep in your tent after acquiring the chip

Parabalus

Arcane

Horticulture doesn't actually trigger the kidnapping. The professor's gonna be kidnapped randomly anytime after you've done Nexus, but it will always trigger if you sleep in your tent after acquiring the chip

So using this I checked, pirates turn hostile immediately after the walkie talkie call that the kidnapping has been prevented. No easy Death's Grin for prospective pirates.

Tigranes

Arcane
CHEMS Exactly - and I hadn't done Nexus, I had barely started! Seems like Briggs was supposed to fire me / chew me out and it all got screwed up there. Ah well.

CHEMS

Scholar
I never got fired from expedition, though if you're high INT, you can tell Briggs that his expedition is getting BTFO when you meet him at Core City, he gets pissy at you

Trashos

Arcane
Setting off for DC. I decided to do the Black Sea afterwards for a first time. Hopefully this plan will force me to push through that godawful Arke place too (which is where I quit more than half my of playthroughs).

Will I find psi inhalants or materials in DC?
Also, I do not remember whether I need to bring my own TNT charges.
(yes, I remember that I need to bring the CAU armor)

The Faceless will be friendly, unless things have changed.

CHEMS

Scholar
Will I find psi inhalants or materials in DC?
Yes for shrooms, don't remember if there's others components too, better bring them.
You can find some there and a jackhammer too.
The Faceless will be friendly, unless things have changed.
Don't fight them and save the one near the tunneler and you're golden.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
They're not essential, but helpful. IIRC they can be used to open a passageway between Cytosine Outpost and the entrance to Tchort's Domain so you don't have to waste extra time walking.

CHEMS

Scholar
I mostly used charges to create a diversion, Sonocaster is a godsend, break walls, is light weight AND it's silent.

Trashos

Arcane
I am just trying to trick my brain into wanting to do DC, because it really doesn't want to. The motivation to do the expansion afterwards should do the trick.

Don't fight them and save the one near the tunneler and you're golden.

I have killed the ones at Buzzer's, but freed the injured one in Core City and also did their Foundry recon quest. So I should be +1 with them according to the Wiki, and according to my previous experience as well. So if the requirements have not changed, I should be OK.

Yaz

Learned
Well... free time ahead.

Anyone can recommend some recording software? I was using the nVidia one I got with my rig but after some BSOD issues some time ago I had to give it up.

PS: We're allowed to make Let's Playes on these forums?

Trashos

Arcane
Oooomph, I managed to get through the initial part of Arke (up to reaching the basement) with 4 deaths. Infuriating design as it has always been. Actually, I do not remember whether the infinitely respawning kamikaze bots used to be there in the shafts or whether they are new.

I would mod Arke out in an instant if I could. It is very easy to design something hard (or even impossible), but can you make it enticing? Because Arke's BS isn't.

Anyway, got the so-far frustration out of my system, I am getting back to it.

Tigranes

Arcane
I mostly used charges to create a diversion, Sonocaster is a godsend, break walls, is light weight AND it's silent.
Wait what. There's a weapon that breaks those stone walls?

Yes, but it requires you to kill yourself for 8 hours to do the music puzzle.

Well... free time ahead.

Anyone can recommend some recording software? I was using the nVidia one I got with my rig but after some BSOD issues some time ago I had to give it up.

PS: We're allowed to make Let's Playes on these forums?

There's a Let's Play forum. Though many Codexers vastly prefer screenshot-and-commentary style; I for one don't ever watch videos, they take far too long and all. But whatever you want to do is fine, obviously.

OBS is common though I haven't ever used it to do an LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom