Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
well, if you shilled for this game for years only to realize its utter crap, would you admit that or just assume somebody else is at fault

(or he's just a bit retarded, that works as well)

Curratum

I think you need to be a retard to have continually shilled for this game even as you watched the devs ruin it over time anyway.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
All the footage I've seen from the endgame has the same set of eight runes unlocked:

Seems like the other runes aren't dropping for some reason :shittydog:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Its strange that there are others in this thread saying the performance is fine, even on a laptop. Is the performance inconsistent across the game (e.g. Tyball's realm), or is it sensitive to particular configurations?

It's specific levels. I went from 150 FPS in the tutorial to 2-3 in Tyball's Folly (The main quest puts a lich there who keeps summoning minions until the entire area is filled up. Then you need to wade in there and whack at his bone totem while hoping the game doesn't crash). In the later levels, the performance is just inexplicably bad - they probably didn't have time for any optimization.

Adon

Arcane
The game was in pre-alpha in June? And then the devs decided to release it 5 months later??

:killit:

Anyway, I bought it for shits and giggles and spent half the time just trying to get to the menu as it constantly froze while getting there. Time to refund.

Nyast

Cipher
The game was in pre-alpha in June? And then the devs decided to release it 5 months later??

The first alpha backer build came in end of June / early July. The game was scheduled for release on the 15 September. The beta was scheduled.. no idea when, there was only 2 months and a half left.

Backers ( including me ) started to lobby Otherside to push back the release by *at least* 6 months, preferably a year. We weren't even aware of the stupid design decisions at that time, yet ( like: the saving mechanics, or the lack of factions or the lack of dialogues. We were still young and naive ). Would have pushed for even more time if we had known.

Instead, they reluctantly pushed the release by another 2 months ( mid November ). The beta came out in end October, a few weeks away from the release. Not kidding. And that's when they admitted about all the design decisions and cut off features.

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't know why people still fall for nostalgiabux attempts. It ends badly all the time

Because when you have disposable income there is no risk and projects such as this (albeit failed) would not have gotten off the ground without it.
Well said,its still better to try to fund those games and eventually have something worth playing than lament decline . 3/4 of the kickstarters i back were worth it . What's the other option to get real RPGs ?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Stupid analogy and you know it.

What's stupid about it? He's right.

I pretty much learned my Kickstarter lesson, which is...

Let others take the risk with their money.

It's stupid to keep throwing money at nonsense hoping one thing will turn out decent.

LOOK AT ME. I PLEDGED $1,000 TOTAL TO 30 DIFFERENT KICKSTARTERS!
29 of them were horrible, but this one game worth $20 made that $1,000 investment worthwhile!

You can see how stupid THAT is, can't you?

Zep--

Heretic

Cipher

Razorfist, you
rating_butthurt.png
smartass, I played immersive sims before you were just an embryo in yo mama's belly. It's my favourite genre and I play everything remotely belonging there.
I gave my hard earned money to this Kickstarter 4 years ago.

But this is not where the genre should go. Prey was, and its DLC even showed that you can do randomized runs in the same space that are fun and make sense. UA is the wrong direction. UA is NOT some immersive incline just because it was touched by a few "renowned" devs from an era long gone.

Shill as much as you want, but UA is a disgrace.

Play Brigand: Oaxaca instead, made by ONE single dev, very rough but brimming with interesting ideas. Just today he added factions to doors and crates. :)

pm_675

Arbiter
The ol gamblers folly: one day I'll win!

You just need to be smart.
The stupidity of some codexers is astounding. Do you even realize that we like very niche games?

Do you know what that means? Prety much no publisher or someone with real money (more than couple of millions dolars) will found that since it doesn't have any return of investement. You know what they will found? Popamole, casual, multiplataform, minimun common denominator games since that sell and return you $$$.

Besides the fans of that are not rabid dogs nor perpetually complaing about everything.

Really, how the hell do you expect to have the kind of games we enjoy? Because neither publishers nor investors will found them. Aliens?

JBro

Arbiter
Alright, everyone abandon ship and go help Hank Morgan finish Underworld Exporter so we can play UU1 and 2 fullscreen with mouselook. That's the best we're going to get.

Curratum

Really, how the hell do you expect to have the kind of games we enjoy?

At this point, to be quite honest, I simply don't. I don't expect to have any new games that I enjoy. Every franchise that I loved was mercilessly killed in the last decade. SS3 is already as good as dead. And it's not strictly RPGs, I like a lot of other genres and all the names I loved are dead.

This is turning into a "definition of insanity" thing, I've been through it so many times now. The only sane conclusion is that it's pretty much over. Good thing they keep bringing older shit into Steam, just got Sam and Max last night.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Alright, everyone abandon ship and go help Hank Morgan finish Underworld Exporter so we can play UU1 and 2 fullscreen with mouselook. That's the best we're going to get.

Uh...that's the way I'm playing it...Press E for mouselook, press F for full-screen.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom