Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
VvfCVQZ.gif
being angry on the internet is a fun and enjoyable pastime :3

The next patch will solve everything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hailcthulhu:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/posts/3028772

Parchment Map Update

Hey UA Backers,

Just a quick update on your Parchment Maps that were meant to come with the Legendary Hero tier and above. FanGamer is in the process of making these maps and getting them shipped out. If you have not already received your physical game, your Map will be shipping with your game. If you have already received your game, but it did not have your map, it will be shipping separately ASAP.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please direct them to support@otherside-e.com

Thanks!

OSE Team

Eli_Havelock

Learned
From the general comments the parchment map is on the same level as the CE box:

Mike Turman
Got my Collectors Edition today, along with Art Book Soundtrack, and Parchment Map. I never played the game, I normally wait until all the bugs are squashed before I play a game, but in this case it seems the bugs will always remain. Plus from everything I read it wasn't anything like UU I & 2. I can't believe how much I dumped on this and what I received in return. I was hoping for so much more from the physical rewards. The parchment map... wow... well, you'll see.

DrBunsen
If you like feelings of depression and anger, try the game.

Michael Ryan
Mike, was the parchment map included _inside_ the game box or was it a separate item?

Mike Turman
It was in a cardboard sleeve alongside the art book and soundtrack.

Matti Peltoniemi
Is the map "wow, great!" or "wow, so bad"?

Mike Turman
Well, that depends on how might feel about "parchment quality" paper and the color brown. Oh, and hard to read fonts. I have maps from other games hanging around my office, I can safely say I won't be carving out a place for this one on the wall.

Paul Neurath and Warren Spector sat on a photocopier?

Glic2000

Educated
Good news everyone. I just got my "collector's edition" of UA. And I think I've discovered the difference between the regular edition and the collector's edition.

The collector's edition has a different picture on the box. That's it. That's the only difference.

(No, it does not say "collector's edition," it just has the picture of the ghostly wraith dude instead of the lame skeleton dude).

Eli_Havelock

Learned
OSE truly couldn't bother to splurge for any fucks to give for this game and their fans who backed it. RIP System Shock 3

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Good news everyone. I just got my "collector's edition" of UA. And I think I've discovered the difference between the regular edition and the collector's edition.

The collector's edition has a different picture on the box. That's it. That's the only difference.

(No, it does not say "collector's edition," it just has the picture of the ghostly wraith dude instead of the lame skeleton dude).

Someone posted a photo of them on their forums. Everyone, guess which is Collector's Edition!:

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Someone posted a photo of them on their forums. Everyone, guess which is Collector's Edition!:

Budget Replacement Community Manager: "The Collectors Edition will be the one on the left, with the skeletons."

:popcorn:
Edit: I don't mean to laugh at Glic2000, but god damn, OSE can't stop finding new ways of fucking over you backers.

Last edited:

Glic2000

Educated
I'm at least thankful the collector's edition didn't have the skeleton on it, because I really hate that stupid skeleton.

I remember when the game was early in development, seeing that skeleton over and over and over and wondering, "why don't they show off the rest of the monsters?"

And then I realized the awful truth, of course: the skeleton is the only monster they have done.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I'm at least thankful the collector's edition didn't have the skeleton on it, because I really hate that stupid skeleton.

As I quoted above, the sad replacement for Sam said the skeleton WAS the cover of the CE, so one of OSE's many fuckups works out for the better in the long run.

Efe

Erudite
still not too late to get a whole whopping dollar for it!

prengle

Savant
I have received a package from Fangamer.

PXL-20201207-215544194-Copy.jpg
lol i remember when fangamer existed for the sole purpose of dishing out earthbound merch to loners on the internet... and now they're pozzed af and completely dominate the indie game merch market @_@ where has the time gone....

oh wait this is the dumb underworld ascendant thread fuck

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

In The Package
Concept Art Portfolio

Parchment Map
OST CD
Deluxe DVD Sleeve

PXL-20201208-025225410-Copy.jpg

The Parchment Map is a printout of the map we have already seen on a textured card stock. The image we have seen so that is disappointing, but to anyone who wants these collectibles, it is in line with what we typically see in collector's editions.
PXL-20201208-121048177-Copy.jpg

PXL-2020120https-postimg-cc-Tyr-Sz-YJY8-121103172-Copy.jpg

The art portfolio book is decent. There isn't a lot of new content here but it's glossy and decently laid out. A collector will probably enjoy this.

The 'box', probably the single most important item for them to nail for collectors, is a shitty DVD sleeve.
sleeve-front.jpg

sleeve-back.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Maybe this weekend I will torch it, along with T:TON. Too busy with work to get artistic with video ATM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom