Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

shilence

Educated
View attachment 50080

Gen X?! Please! No self respecting person from my day would say this:

View attachment 50081

:rpgcodex:
I reported you for hate speech. Be prepared to be swatted in the next 5mins.

btw, If anyone fancies a more civilized conversation, have a look at the nice kickstarter comments. Even Bruce himself lowers himself to his backers there!
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-an-8bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/comments

I really like how he rambles about some weird story from X years ago where someone said his game looks cool, but not actually anwering to the people's questions.

shilence

Educated
I'm not familiar with americans, why is he adding "TM" to Stirring Dragon Games and and Unknown Realm everywhere? I did a trademark search but both strings aren't registered. :killit:

What's the deal with americans? Gen X, what u doing? pls Bruce waddup my dude!

fr0

Literate
I'm not familiar with americans, why is he adding "TM" to Stirring Dragon Games and and Unknown Realm everywhere? I did a trademark search but both strings aren't registered. :killit:

What's the deal with americans? Gen X, what u doing? pls Bruce waddup my dude!

In America (at least), you don't need to register a trademark. You can, but then it's a "Registered Trademark" and gets the ® symbol and has additional benefits.

shilence

Educated
In America (at least), you don't need to register a trademark. You can, but then it's a "Registered Trademark" and gets the ® symbol and has additional benefits.

so it's basically an original art do not steal situation?

fr0

Literate

so it's basically an original art do not steal situation?
Yes. My understanding (not a lawyer) is that if it were challenged in court and you have proof of original art, then your trademark is protected even if all you did was slap the TM on it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
interesting couple, I wonder what they do for work and in their spare time.

The typical beggar job they will take to the streets again like their olden days.

I'm surprised they didn't start a church since religious orders supposedly pay no taxes and are the biggest bunco schemes on the planet for millennia. Only prostitution comes close or surpasses that and at least there you get some fucking in.

I guess they could red light their lives as well.

Last edited:

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
interesting couple, I wonder what they do for work and in their spare time.

The typical beggar job they will take to the streets again like their olden days.

I'm surprised they didn't start a church since religious orders supposedly pay no taxes and are the biggest bunco schemes on the planet for millennia. Only prostitution comes close or surpasses that and at least there you get some fucking in.

I guess they could red light their lives as well.

They are noob grifters. (Kick)starting religion/cult is for pros. Wannabe Chris Roberts.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, it just hit. Anyway, I'm sure Bruce and his henchwife will take credit for another indie launched. Without them, nothing would be made.

TheKing01

Literate
150k stretch goal to release a soundtrack.

Some of you guys truly do it to yourselves.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If you are following Stirring Dragon on KS, then you will know they just decided to help fund The Wayward Realms.

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

1 created
72 funded.

Your money well spent so they can reap in others KS rewards...

...............and maybe take credit for those games as well.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you are following Stirring Dragon on KS, then you will know they just decided to help fund The Wayward Realms.

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

1 created
72 funded.

Your money well spent so they can reap in others KS rewards...

...............and maybe take credit for those games as well.

They just wanted to get SDG into the credits listing, so they could be like: Yeah, we were busy. We were totally executive producers on that other vapourware project.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They supported the game because of
IMG_0604.jpeg

Really? All sausages and no love muffins with a side of milkers?
:prosper:
8bab1ebc8f903d3d85c81fa8dacd0665_original.png

Mortmal

Arcane
All this guy did was make a C64 style modern RPG, didn't even press C64 disks or use real C64 hardware or... *

* inb4 I find out he actually did that too. :lol:
Skald taking 500 MB—I don't see that happening on a C64 anymore. It would be quite a technical prowess, which only a few are still capable of achieving. It's also beyond those games, although I remember quite good-looking C64 games like Times of Lore or the recent port of Eye of the Beholder on the C64.
eyeoc64.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
All this guy did was make a C64 style modern RPG, didn't even press C64 disks or use real C64 hardware or... *

Skald taking 500 MB—I don't see that happening on a C64 anymore. It would be quite a technical prowess, which only a few are still capable of achieving. It's also beyond those games, although I remember quite good-looking C64 games like Times of Lore or the recent port of Eye of the Beholder on the C64.
eyeoc64.jpg

Good point. :lol:

I thought the C64 was awesome back in the day. Missed it a lot when I had to move to a CGA PC.

Mortmal

Arcane

eyeoc64.jpg

Good point. :lol:

I thought the C64 was awesome back in the day. Missed it a lot when I had to move to a CGA PC.
It was awesome and far superior to CGA graphics on PC, both in terms of graphics and sound. Then, after that, the Amiga was considerably superior to PC gaming until the Ultima 7 era. But Skald would be above the best-looking games on the C64.
Best graphics i could remember :
https://www.lemon64.com/game/last-ninja-3 , https://www.lemon64.com/game/times-of-lore
Most detailed rpg i can remember :
https://www.lemon64.com/game/magic-candle as you see it's well under skald too which could rather be an amiga 500 game except for the palette. Peak amiga rpg gaming was https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1250 , https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4095, https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1485 even bigger in scope, and so many more. The Skald trailer is good, but the C64 could have been realistically replaced by an A500.

Modron

Arcane
Someone on the Wayward Realms team? There was some french jrpg like that just closed ~270,000: ALZARA Radiant Echoes recently as well. But that's about all I can think of in regards to larger RPG kickstarter success stories in recent years.

Granted I don't how long ago that post KS power trip was I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom