Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Have any legal actions been brought against them? Can any be? Do they think they are safe being asshats? Did they even finish creating all their "feelies" and boxes/manuals for the game and have them stacked. No pictures of even that? That would give backers some reassurance.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have any legal actions been brought against them? Can any be? Do they think they are safe being asshats? Did they even finish creating all their "feelies" and boxes/manuals for the game and have them stacked. No pictures of even that? That would give backers some reassurance.
They're safe in the sense that the stakes are so low it's literally not worth it to go after them in court unless you're wealthy enough to just want to bring the hammer down on principle and irritated enough to fund it.

shilence

Educated
considering the latest replies they got on twitter they seem to have found new support - even financial! will this money be enough to put on the finishing touches?

the posts really read like the ones the backers wrote eight years ago. so much love, so confident. If there was only a way to tell them our sad tales of "expected delivery in 2017", "we need more money to ship in 2020" or my favourtite one "none of these dates were release dates"

shilence

Educated
Bruce reached Uwe Boll levels of "fight me irl":

1ZQ1TL3.png

https://x.com/StirringDragon/status/1831395970070003921

I'm almost sure that he'll just dodge just any question, but what do I have to lose :D

"How far is the game?" - "Not ready"
"Why is it seven years overdue?" - "There are even longer delays on other games, also give us more money to speed up production"
"The last time you wanted more money you said you'll release the game in 2020" - "Stop attacking our kids"
"Why don't you update your backers?" - "I`ll do an update when the game's twitter account reaches 1000 followers"
"But in the kickstarter you said you'll update your backers at least once a month" - "That changed, also I want 2000 followers for the update"

Kinda like this :D

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
He'll pay for a translator and his flight but not work on the game? If it were me, I'd go because he's posing for a fight. I have't broken any rats in a while so this would be fun. You only want face to face when you want to physically fight, not talk; unless Bruce wants to try and rape this guy.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
He'll pay for a translator and his flight but not work on the game? If it were me, I'd go because he's posing for a fight. I have't broken any rats in a while so this would be fun. You only want face to face when you want to physically fight, not talk; unless Bruce wants to try and rape this guy.

Bruce is going to harvest his organs in order to fund starting development of Unknown Realm.

I just wish I'd have thought of pickling a cucumber. That's crazy... sounds pretty good though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, I just stomped a gophers head to paste so I guess I'm out having sated a small fraction of bloodlust. Maybe if Bruce dresses up as a rat.....

shilence

Educated
to the dismay of all: the interview won't happen. when Bruce stopped responsing I tried to pick up the conversation. I'm not familiar with scheduling with Americans, is this normal over there?

Also: He seems to have moved on from "there is a troll army" to "there is a one guy army".

https://x.com/StirringDragon/status/1832219425665380442

Since a lot of my comments are marked as spam here is a screenshot from yesterday:

LwZ6GYC.png

Back to quare one, I guess. I really hoped for this to pan out to get some answers.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The guy who made the unknown-realm.com website ("making a game with the same name") was Norwegian, I think. He automatically assumes all of his critics are the same evil mastermind. Paranoid conspiracy mindset.

shilence

Educated
The guy who made the unknown-realm.com website ("making a game with the same name") was Norwegian, I think. He automatically assumes all of his critics are the same evil mastermind. Paranoid conspiracy mindset.

Hah yeah, but I do get why he is mixing up people. I can edit the website https://rentry.co/unknownrealm and just did so to add 1 1/2 years without an update and the other recent stuff. I guess our "woke mafia" is two people; me when I'm on the shitter or bored and another dude who is mainly collecting info. But neither of us has discord or tried to dox the dear lead programmer. I have seen the battle he had in a court, buying a new house after the campaign and all the other documents over at lemon64. But personally I don't have an account there and we will definitly not include that info on the website since it has nothing to do with the game directly :mixedemotions:

PS: I think it is almost funny how he complains that "you are harassing us for x years" when yeah, you are x years late and won't tell why but pose as the most bestest programmer ever.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You know, solo devs back in the 80s and shit had very fucking rough times with no internet and they still produced games and some were fucking amazing for the time. Bruce bit off a bit much. I'm more interested in if he mass produced his "Feelies" and boxes & disks (well, they'd be blank atm).

I am no stranger to kickstarter. And while my physical fundings are fewer than digital I have received many physical from coins, medallions, to the promises Elin had (and the physical rewards are pretty gorgeous).

Thousands of indie game devs are putting out games and some appear to be far more complex than this. Maybe, Bruce's skill aren't up to snuff or maybe he has huge writer's block and is completely stuck. <shrug> Who knows, we'll see in 2030.

Saduj

Arcane
So after all the tough talk, Bruce was too much of a pussy to facetime that guy? LOL

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bit-rpg-for-pc-and-commodore-64/posts/4203617

Screenshot Roundup​

Hey everyone, we know you've been eager for updates. We just posted a collection of some of the game-related posts we've been sharing on social media since our last update. We're continuing to make great progress on the game, and we’ll keep adding more to the post as they’re shared on our social channels. Check out the latest here.

Make sure you're subscribed to our email list on our website - we have more exciting announcements coming soon!

51a11d305cfc370bafffeb3151fd8674_original.jpg

It's a bunch of tweets from the past year or so: https://stirringdragon.games/all-the-screenshots/

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'll take a picture of my Beyond Shadowgate package when it arrives. I already DL'd both steam & GOG. I already got my physical for Elin and I think I can DL some demos. I had forgotten about Elin tbh. That's pretty quick and both teams have been in constant contact with supporters.

Now SD, seems like they dick around with their KS supporters. Nah, my imagination.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I was so excited for this when it was announced. But thanks to ACTUAL games like Skald and Nox Archaist, that retro-Ultima theme has been represented. The need is fulfilled. This game can go fuck itself and hopefully becomes the most pirated game in the history of gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom