Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

shilence

Educated
Svc2Asu.png

I'm really puzzled by this. For some weeks now Bruce links to a troll account (https://x.com/IndieLauraS) in his twitter bio. Was this all a ruse?

update: he changed it :( Hi Bruce!

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
Trying to make sense of their behaviour requires specialized help.
Also, who cares ?

"unknown realm" is no longer a pc role-playing game, but a much more gripping game to make sense of the weird thoughts of a confused man who thinks he is the world's most important rpg programmer. so i find it quite entertaining. :smug:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also, who cares ?

"unknown realm" is no longer a pc role-playing game, but a much more gripping game to make sense of the weird thoughts of a confused man who thinks he is the world's most important rpg programmer. so i find it quite entertaining. :smug:

We already played that game in another subforum.

shilence

Educated
Also, who cares ?

We already played that game in another subforum.

WOAH, WHERE?!

shilence

Educated

Reset Magazine was disappointed by Unknown Realm. Laura started to cry since people were so mad about the game they wanted to "pay Laura and Bruce a visit" and tried to dox them.

I think she is talking about the funny fact that right after the crowdfunding ended they bought a new house with some mystery money and were in some kind of legal battle. I don't know the US and how public these informations are, but I guess that's what they call doxxing.

Nevertheless, ResetC64 is now licking their shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
IMG_2633.png

I'd kill all the rats not pick one.

Reference to this race is likely like the Roach Race in The Standing Stones by Electronic Arts.

Actually, a game full of all the mini games from c64 games could be interesting. The Questron-Blacksilver has a lot of games.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
https://x.com/ResetC64/status/1814823441322942634

Reset Magazine was disappointed by Unknown Realm. Laura started to cry since people were so mad about the game they wanted to "pay Laura and Bruce a visit" and tried to dox them.

I think she is talking about the funny fact that right after the crowdfunding ended they bought a new house with some mystery money and were in some kind of legal battle. I don't know the US and how public these informations are, but I guess that's what they call doxxing.

Nevertheless, ResetC64 is now licking their shoes.

Pretty ironic in that Twitter screenshot it shows the player betting in the game....and losing

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ok, who wants to rip the code from all them games and max a c64 mini-game from these crpgs. No, we don't want another Lazy Jones.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I fucking backerkit Caverns of Thracia. My money speaks not me trying to make them feel good. They didn't let me down on OAR7 (I skipped 8 as it was just some Grimtooth shit I didn't want).. actually, I didn't even know about it because they went from KS to BK only. BK HAVE IT YOUR WAY.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Stirring Dragon said:
At the SD, please go away! Your game.... you never can play.

Stirring Dragon said:
WE LOVE MONEY!
ALL YOUR $$$$$
WE TAKE YO MONEY AT SD!!!

Oh the youtube ad I would make on this scandal. Her shaking her face in satisfaction flipping all those bills across her nose. Yeah, use your imagination; change the lyrics and put their faces, company name&logo, and the money they got and our lament at NO GAME!

Last edited:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I certainly dodged a bullet here. Basically, this is when crowdfunding died. I'd been willing to throw money at anyone with a half-arsed idea, but these people were so opaque, so unwilling to answer even the most basic question, so transparently untrustworthy that even I stayed away.

shilence

Educated
Hi Bruce and hi woke cancel culture mafia of rpgcodex. Prepare for the...

August update

If you were wondering what is happening in the Unknown Realm: Nothing much.

- Bruce is trying to hop on the anti-woke bandwagon to gain some sympathy *
- rpgcodex is apparently woke :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:?*
- People who backed the project to get the game won't get anything if Bruce doesn't like them. Dunno what Kickstarter thinks about this :)*
- No refunds for now:

6iLmlEq.jpeg

*=
IH3Fppe.jpeg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
We'd all be playing this genre classic if you weren't so woke and harassing the poor devs.

And it makes sense that when you order something and pay for it, receive nothing, that you don't get a refund until some potential time in the future maybe if the person you gave money to feels like it. That sounds legal and makes me want to give them money for... anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom