Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

Codex Year of the Donut
It's a fact that through space-time anomalies Unknown Realms is the actual inspiration for the Ultima games.

shilence

Educated
CtAVl0Y.png

I've seen the game covered on a lot of sites and magazines, but.. I guess he should wonder why the ones he's thinking of ignored him :)

Viata

Arcane
Is he taking credit for every indie game after his KS? What a delusion.
That seems to be his whole point. He doesn't even care if there is a game now, only that "it's thanks to his project that others decided to release retro rpgs now". He wants to be remembered as the guy who brought retro rpg back, simple as that.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lol. Fucking ridiculous. He got into the game late for retro.

anyways I read this linked page on lemon

"don't worry about me, i gots plenty of time! and i collect the CPP.
icon_biggrin.gif
i think it would actually be stupid not to do something like this. this game is so damn huge and the only thing people on lemons want to talk about. look at how many people are entertained just off lies being spread by socker accounts here. and some think i'm childish? you are spending many days here along with all the others.
icon_confused.gif

i would bet 90% of ad traffic money that lemon64 gets is just because of this game. i wouldn't mind taking some of that ad moneys to my web page instead to help funds my games.
icon_biggrin.gif
you can make a killings on ad moneys. besides, my research is golden and best part just facts I found onlines. not like all the people obviously making up stuff here just to get attentions. people are going to shittle about my diggings. there are so many connections and they all lead back to the evil corporations in powers. you could do it yourself just by looking in this thread how some of the worst offenders own corporations of their own! its crazy, but most people are lazy and would like to be shown with easy pictures and charts instead. i can make it easy for them to see the connections of the web.

besides i was pretty darn good at HTML 1.0 back in my days so I can totally handle it. and if not i still have an old copy of dreamweavers on my pentium i can fire up. even word can save out html now.

for you mal, i can totally add an NIN embed to your page if you like too! i think its a great and funny idea.
icon_lol.gif

if anyone wants in to help out with opportunities projects DM me too! I've found most peoples real names behind the alias, but there are a few that I'm only 95% sure abouts. those will be listed on the "95% page" until they are confirmed."

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
An interesting read. I don’t especially feel sorry for the writer however:

I personally backed the campaign for $142.00, and while I am not one of the angry backers out there, I will admit I am feeling let down and disappointed.

In late Winter/Spring 2020, the developers created a separate site off the Kickstarter page (accessible through their Stirring Dragon Games website) for backers who wished to contribute $10 per month in exchange for more game development progress reports.

Well, I joined their update backer site and paid the $10 per month for four months, and there were no updates provided that proved the game was being worked on, it was all fluff with no substance.

It’s incredible to me (and I mean it literally) that despite everything that happened and being documented he still went ahead and paid the 10 bucks for the “updates”. I can’t help but feel contempt for such naivety.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
An interesting read. I don’t especially feel sorry for the writer however:

I personally backed the campaign for $142.00, and while I am not one of the angry backers out there, I will admit I am feeling let down and disappointed.

In late Winter/Spring 2020, the developers created a separate site off the Kickstarter page (accessible through their Stirring Dragon Games website) for backers who wished to contribute $10 per month in exchange for more game development progress reports.

Well, I joined their update backer site and paid the $10 per month for four months, and there were no updates provided that proved the game was being worked on, it was all fluff with no substance.

It’s incredible to me (and I mean it literally) that despite everything that happened and being documented he still went ahead and paid the 10 bucks for the “updates”. I can’t help but feel contempt for such naivety.

That dude is also still waiting for the Nigerian Prince to call back.

Saduj

Arcane
I somehow missed the scuzzy $10/month for updates scheme. How has Kickstarer not booted them for this? Milking their most gullible marks on an ongoing basis really destroys any plausible deniability as to this being a scam.

Last edited:

shilence

Educated
I just looked up that $10 thing. You actually have to pay the fee for two months to gain access to their discord server.

So basically 20 bucks for the chance to get any updates, no matter how much you've spent on their Kickstarter.

I talked to someone who was actually in the discord up until last year - they didn't post anything there anyways. No screens, no videos, nothing.

Funny footnote on the guild site:
All donations are final and non-refundable, and do not guarantee receipt of any product, service, or other reward.

Heh.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If they just want to sell "feelies" for fake-believe products, then they should have stated that in the beginning. It seems they are capable of this.

Etsy has lots of people who make and sell stuff. Hell, I asked an iron worker if he'd consider making 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10 lb wing chun rings of a specified diameter and he was very interested. He even drew up a few sketches on the fly. I hadn't even exchanged cash. Pity i found some other devices, but I might revisit this idea later.

People will buy product they are interested in. Just be fucking transparent if you are utterly incapable of delivering on your promise. As is, it is more definitely a SCAM!

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can only admire that level of audacity and self-importance.

I was going to ask how Unknown Realm could possibly have been inspired by any game that's been released. However, I now see that they were only partially inspired by Dark Heart of Uukrul, which makes sense. They found the entire "develop and release game" concept terribly uninspiring.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
<sarcastic blah tone>
Ohhhhh noooooooooo
Loooook ouuuuutttttttt........
Chicken lips bites the dust...
:(:(:(:(:(
sooo saddddd......
:negative::negative::negative:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
<sarcastic blah tone>
Ohhhhh noooooooooo
Loooook ouuuuutttttttt........
PC bites the dust...
:(:(:(:(:(
sooo saddddd......
:negative::negative::negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom