Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
See, I told you he would be back. Have you grown any balls since your last appearance little boy?

thunderleg

Novice
Hmm? What, I come to see the progress of a awesome patch for a great game, to a game forum... And what do I see? Drama and politics in the most chidish manner? Damn, you got some retarded people in here. Do these people, like, have any idea what game forums are for? What games are for??
Edit:You need some moderation to this kindergarden

Well, fuck that, this patch is already a very good work. Big thanks for that.

Too bad I didnt get any workaround for the magnus problem, but thanks anyway. If someone has any ideas ideas please PM.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
thunderleg said:
Too bad I didnt get any workaround for the magnus problem, but thanks anyway. If someone has any ideas ideas please PM.
I fixed it today, btw.

And yes, Arcanum has nothing to do with politics, so the project will be continued (I never gave it up actually). A new version of the patch will be released in a few days.

P.S. I'd like this thread cleaned up a bit. Or I'll probably start a new one.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
To RGE

Considering Sebastian, the solution is pretty obvious. It was never intended that you can get both quests, as the only possible way to do so is by recycling the dialog. These three lines were missing necessary conditions:

{37}{I've spoken with Edward Willoughsby about you...}{}{5}{lf3 0}{56}{}
{38}{Tell me a little about the Boil, Sebastian...}{}{5}{lf2 1, qu1161 0, qu1162 0, gf2187 0, lf6 0}{97}{}
{39}{Tell me again what you're doing here, Sebastian...}{}{5}{lf3 1, qu1161 0, qu1162 0, gf2187 0, lf6 0}{112}{}

LCJr.

Erudite
Drog Black Tooth said:

Cleaned up as in you're embarrassed you threw a hissy fit like a little schoolgirl and want to hide the evidence? That the kind of cleaning up you're talking about?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
LCJr. said:
Drog Black Tooth said:

Cleaned up as in you're embarrassed you threw a hissy fit like a little schoolgirl and want to hide the evidence? That the kind of cleaning up you're talking about?
This is the thread for bug reports/suggestions for the patch. And it's already fucking huge and thus may be confusing for many people.

I don't care if the posts get deleted or moved to another thread (we have the drama thread for this purpose), at any rate there's no place for drama in the fucking patch thread.

Any questions?

Also, to make it clear. I've nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. I still think that most of you are brainwashed scum for blindly supporting Georgia. But Arcanum has nothing to do with politics, in any case.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Drog Black Tooth said:
Also, to make it clear. I've nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. I still think that most of you are brainwashed scum for blindly supporting Georgia. But Arcanum has nothing to do with politics, in any case.
Nobody forces you to remain here. Unlike a few members of this community I'm not going to get on my knees and suck your cock because you made a good patch. And yes, you should be ashamed of your sulking.

LCJr.

Erudite
You voluntarily chose to participate in a very polarized political discussion. As a result of this discussion you decided to "punish" the Codex and take your toys and go home as they say. You're the one that brought politics into this thread with your juvenile antics. If you don't have the maturity level to deal with opposing viewpoints then stay out of political discussions.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quit the flaming, guys. This thread really shouldn't be more confusing than it already is.
You can flame him in other threads, you know?...

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Jedi_Learner said:
Nobody forces you to remain here.
Many Arcanum fans come here for the patch. And I'm probably the only one who can fix this damn game.

Also, it'd be selfish for me to not release the almost complete next version, as well.

Although I can probably just post a link to Terra-Arcanum in the first post and be done with this forum.

I'll think about it, if not that many people at the Codex care for the patch, then it will be released at T-A exclusively.

LCJr. said:
You're the one that brought politics into this thread with your juvenile antics. If you don't have the maturity level to deal with opposing viewpoints then stay out of political discussions.
Not at all. That was a good discussion. I think very different of many codexians now.

headache

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
But Arcanum has nothing to do with politics, in any case.
Yes it does. Politics, mathematics, and tea.

Drog Black Tooth said:
I'll think about it, if not that many people at the Codex care for the patch, then it will be released at T-A exclusively.
So I'm a lurker here who you never heard of before and I just finished my first Arcanum game (after owning it since it came out) thanks to your work. I especially appreciated the high-res patch; I don't think I could have ever played without that. I thought I should let you know there's at least one silent type like me who doesn't want to get into politics on a gaming site and who benefitted greatly from this project. So I think you should stick around. Just try not to get your wires crossed!

puppyonastik

Augur
Thank you for continuing on, Drog. I assure you that most of us do indeed care about the patch and are grateful that you have taken on the endeavor of fixing the game, I highly doubt that so many people would have contributed to the project if false. Not to mention the shear amount of praise you've received in this thread as well.

Dr. Angell

Novice
Fine and all but...

Hi
It is amazing work you seem to have done. I am so happy. Or will be. I can't play the game. The map part of the screen is just black. With text.
Anyone recognize this problem and can tell me what I do wrong?
I have installed the game again from cd, patch 1.074 and this patch and the extra.
I have tried with and without the high resolution patch but none worked.
Hoping for a solution.

Svartalf

Educated
Bugs

Hey, I know we're supposed to start a new game after the patch is installed. But if we don't, are the bugs still fixed?

Cause there were some dialogue typos and that hexed ring that grants invisibility (HP/FT DOT) was bugged. I would attack people/creatures and it wouldn't make me visible again, I even took it off and nothing. I was at the dark elves village and I couldn't talk so I just killed everyone.

PS: Great job done on the game, Drog. I played the game for the frist time in 2005, walked through it twice. And last week I re installed it and found out about this patch. I haven't had the chance to see what the patch fixed, since I just installed it yesterday and didn't start a new game (I'm already LVL 42 and I would rather finish the current game first and then start over with a new character)

Fez

Erudite
You probably shouldn't start throwing in patches or mods when you're planning on finishing a game that is already in the late stages.

Svartalf

Educated
Yeah I know but it was a bit of a surprise when I found out there was someone actively fixing the game. So I couldn't help it and I installed the patch.

OT: Is there a forum/thread dedicated to character builds, character comparison, etc?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Dr. Angell said:
Hi
It is amazing work you seem to have done. I am so happy. Or will be. I can't play the game. The map part of the screen is just black. With text.
From Arcanum's readme:
If the game begins, once character creation is complete, and your top and bottom menu bars are visible, but the main game window is black or distorted, this would constitute a 3D video card problem.

If you are experiencing video card related problems, you can disable 3D acceleration by exiting the game and launching Arcanum's Software Rendering Mode. The Software Rendering Mode (safe mode) is available via your Start Menu.

The arcanum.exe command line option for Software Rendering mode is "-no3d".

Svartalf said:
Cause there were some dialogue typos and that hexed ring that grants invisibility (HP/FT DOT) was bugged. I would attack people/creatures and it wouldn't make me visible again, I even took it off and nothing. I was at the dark elves village and I couldn't talk so I just killed everyone.
No, this wasn't fixed. I heard of a possibility of such a bug, but wasn't sure if it can actually happen with a PC. It happens a lot with NPCs if they die with the ring on them, and once they're resurrected the invisibility never wears off. Is this what happened to your character? Please describe how you got this bug, and upload the save as well.

EDIT: I've done some testing, and it's also possible to get the constant invisibility effect if you lose consciousness with it on, and then unequip it while unconscious. However, equipping and unequipping it again solves the problem.

Svartalf said:
OT: Is there a forum/thread dedicated to character builds, character comparison, etc?
Terra-Arcanum is probably what you want.

But we had this thread recently at the Codex, as well.

1eyedking

Erudite
Drog Black Tooth said:
Many Arcanum fans come here for the patch. And I'm probably the only one who can fix this damn game.
Yeah, you Carmack clone, you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom