Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial 'Codex Top Ten.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You lost me at "the type advantage thing is very unique". WTF? Even the children's Final Fantasy, Mystic Quest. had type advantages, with elements, weapons, and whatnot dealing more or less damage, depending on the enemy.

sabishii

Arbiter
Well, no arguing that it's in other games, but the concept itself is used more actively as a strategy in Pokemon than in other games. Generally in other games, there are elemental advantages but are usually pretty negligible so you'd still pick the highest powered attack. Whereas in Pokemon a type disadvantage can nullify something like a 5 level advantage.

Torin

Novice
Ultima 4 & 5

Wasteland

Bard's Tale 1

Wizardry 6 & 8

Fallout 1 & 2

Pools of Radiance (original SSI version)

KOTOR 2 (I never played the 1st one)

ady5

Educated
well, just because i'm a necrophile and i like dead threads:

Demise
Fallout 2
Jagged Aliiance 2
Vampire Bloodlines
Baldur's Gate 2
Planescape Torment
KOTOR 1(kotor 2 is basicaly the same thing only 10.000 years in future or in past, i don't remember or care wich one)
Wizardry 8
NFS Carbon

Jack_Deth

She/Her
Patron
Insert Title Here
1. Fallout
2. Fallout 2
3. KoToR
4. KoToR 2
5. Vampire: Bloodlines
6. Neverwinter Nights 2
7. Baldur's Gate 2
8. Arcanum
9. Baldur's Gate
10. Oblivion

cutterjohn

Cipher
ady5 said:

Demise
Demise could've been ok if they'd not have screwed the original purchasers by trying to sell minor updates for $20 a la Dungeon Lords Collector's Edition, but even had they done the right thing it's still not that good.

Larseloth

Novice
Fallout
Fallout 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum
Temple of Elemental Evil
Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome
Darklands
Betrayal at Krondor
Baldurs Gate 1

ady5

Educated
cutterjohn said:
ady5 said:

Demise
Demise could've been ok if they'd not have screwed the original purchasers by trying to sell minor updates for $20 a la Dungeon Lords Collector's Edition, but even had they done the right thing it's still not that good.

i have Rise of The Ku'Tan installed on my comp for 7 years now, survived countless formats. It's the perfect dungeon crawler for me, so that makes it my favourite.

Balor

Arcane
Demise is freaking hardcore. Lover levels WILL leave you trembling before each door, hoping it's not item-destroying slugs, or unded that permanently lower stats, etc, etc.
I agree it's one of better roguelikes.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Fallout
Planescape Torment
Halo
Final Fantasy 7
Halo 2
Halo 3
Final Fantasy 10-2 (I leik the Goth chick the most!1)
Oblibion
Diablo
Super Mario Brothers 3 (visceral responsive combat)

ady5

Educated
Halo3 is like, out? omagad!!
that is teh b3ast RPG like evah! and on consoles too!
lollerz

i tried to start a flame war with that carbon shit, but yours is way better. Although Carbon has visceral action too, it can't beat Mario at visceral...err...ness

You win.

User was nabbed fit

Fallout
Fallout 2
PST
Arcanum

Blah. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played any more RPGs than that. But I've only gotten into them recently, and I don't have much time to play... so I guess I'm excused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom