Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Untranslated non-English / non-Japanese PC RPGs

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I must say I was always fascinated by the game Beltion: Beyond Ritual. From the screenshots it seemed like an eastern Gothic, but with a larger world. However I never could find an English version (despite the title clearly being translated to English), only the Russian one.
It could be that the English trailer was just done to try to get a publisher, or as a teaser, but the English version never came out... it's from 2009, the Codex was already around and desperate for ANY RPG, I think we would've at least some posts of threads about it.

If you check the official website with Internet archive, the game came out in March 31st 2009, got patch 1.01 in April, 1.02 in May and then they only posted two reviews.... and the website dies a year later. No mention whatsoever of any English release :(

Last edited:
Vampiromania (2002)

Untranslated Brazilian "RPG" (seems more like an action-adventure game, now confirmed by asking the guy on YouTube who played it. Not sure why it's listed as RPG on MobyGames**). Looks like shit, found it going down a rabbit hole of trying to find all Brazilian-made RPGs (I got 4 lol). Here is an internet archive download link I found and a Let's Play on this channel. felipepepe do you have some insight on any Brazilian RPGs by chance? (The 4 I found are listed here)

1682144047117.jpeg

904a0d6462c13c6d293e70af78642894.jpg

041adfc0a60909ab4cd2c05440c8f077.jpg

Last edited:

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Vampiromania (2002)

Untranslated Brazilian "RPG" (seems more like an action-adventure game, now confirmed by asking the guy on YouTube who played it. Not sure why it's listed as RPG on MobyGames**). Looks like shit, found it going down a rabbit hole of trying to find all Brazilian-made RPGs (I got 4 lol). Here is an internet archive download link I found and a Let's Play on this channel. felipepepe do you have some insight on any Brazilian RPGs by chance? (The 4 I found are listed here)

View attachment 35465
904a0d6462c13c6d293e70af78642894.jpg

041adfc0a60909ab4cd2c05440c8f077.jpg
Nah man, that's just the Zeebo version of Vampire: The Masquerade (PC)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And some day AI will translate all of these. Art in game? No problem there is an AI for that.

Amika
DOS RPG, developed in Hong Kong and only in Cantonese. Turn-based, party-based (with up to 20 companions) combat in a post-modern world where the American economy crashes and seveer budget cuts force them to have cyborg policemen who then become stronger than the military (which also faced budget cuts). Meanwhile, Asian countries were prospering, so heroes from this area teamed up with the NSA to help out.

Although untranslated, has a weird mix of latin/English words in certain areas. Dialogue is all in Cantonese though.

4998_535528a5e4ba9.png

4998_535528eee3967.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That isn't a Meatloaf song?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom