Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regarding FRONTIERS:
The effort is impressive, but one can see that it lacks polish, better textures, more sophisticated 3d models, architecture etc. This might change now that he got a huge funding to purchase high end assets.

I dunno, really. Frontiers looks - and I underscore, "looks" -- really good to me. It doesn't really need better 3d models or architecture, imo. The only issue is whether he'll be able to actually fill it with meaningful/unique content. That's the only thing that matters. Otherwise it looks really really good, even surprisingly so.

I backed it as it sounded interesting but what worries me is his (almost) obsession with just "walking around" aka a hiking simulator. Hopefully the writers he has hired will at least make this enjoyable world and lore-wise. I agree with you that it looks just fine to me.

Gregz

Arcane
Came for this:

Video_Game%285%29.jpg

Leaving :rpgcodex:

viralata

Literate
Came for this:

Video_Game%285%29.jpg

Leaving :rpgcodex:

After looking at their kickstarter page, I don't think they're related to the Twilight series. Not even with the Unwritten comics from DC Marvel. In fact, on the FAQ they say that the name will be revised later after the kickstart, which makes some sense, I guess

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Don't know who Gopher is, don't care.

These guys are beyond desperate if they think the inclusion of some YouTube nobody will generate them hundreds of thousands of dollars.

viralata

Literate
Since I started posting here, I've noticed some hostility on your words. I actually can't understand it. My only interest behind was to know if this community, being a RPG related community, would know more information about it or not.
I don't know the guys behind the game. As a matter of fact, I don't know most people behind any game at all. Does that makes them nobodies too?

All I can say is that if you can judge it that easily, then you're a better man than I, therefore I have a lot to learn with you.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Since I started posting here, I've noticed some hostility on your words. I actually can't understand it. My only interest behind was to know if this community, being a RPG related community, would know more information about it or not.

Oh, so the fact that this is the only thread you've ever posted in in the whole month since you started coming here, and the thread in question happens to be a desperate attempt at showing off a dead-in-the-water Kickstarter that on both occasions needed a desperate cash injection before its deadline, is just one happy coincidence? You really just honestly want to ingratiate yourself with the community here by being completely unfamiliar with it, refusing to interact with it beyond your sole shilling thread, and are NOT just a desperate plant who's going to whatever RPG forum he can see in order to get the word out?

All I can say is that if you can judge it that easily, then you're a better man than I, therefore I have a lot to learn with you.

If you genuinely want to stick around here, then yes, you do. Don't act surprised when people react with hostility when your first post makes you look like a fucking shill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom