Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

J1M

Arcane
If they are programming the game with blueprints you have a long wait ahead.

Moink

Cipher
The only chance of any news this year is the PC Gaming Conference on the 11th, I doubt it will appear though since Paradox did their big stream back in the March.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The only chance of any news this year is the PC Gaming Conference on the 11th, I doubt it will appear though since Paradox did their big stream back in the March.
I wouldn't expect any news this summer. Maybe at Gamescom. If they slip out of their 2023 target, maybe the game awards.

I think a Summer Games Fest appearance for their original IP is coming up while Bloodlines 2 gets some more time to dust off more Hardsuit shit.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I swear, we're grasping for straws so much now that we're interested in hints of news of an announcement of a teaser for a trailer for the release date.

Remember when their CEO deadass said it could drop in 2023?

1685981884063.png

:hmmm:

Apparently without any marketing or buildup. Yeah and it'll release with Starfield to compete with it too. :-D

Caim

Arcane
Something not being impossible doesn't mean it will actually happen.

I mean, I MIGHT win the jackpot tomorrow and rake in 73 million eurobucks but it's not very likely.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apparently without any marketing or buildup.
As they mentioned in one of their financial reports, Paradox learned a valuable lesson from announcing the first one too early, so I wouldn't expect the next trailer drop to happen more than three months from release. They can still make gamescom. :M

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
As they mentioned in one of their financial reports, Paradox learned a valuable lesson from announcing the first one too early, so I wouldn't expect the next trailer drop to happen more than three months from release. They can still make gamescom. :M

Yeah, it turns out that spending all your money and time on a studio to make a game, only to ultimately scrap it for undisclosed reasons, is a huge waste of money and time.

I'm not privy to what actually happened, but I think they followed relatively standardized marketing schedules and it wasn't the announcement that's the problem.

But one looks better in a financial report, just like how "it might release in 2023 teehee" sounds better to stockholders.

Going corporate is such steep decline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm not privy to what actually happened, but I think they followed relatively standardized marketing schedules and it wasn't the announcement that's the problem.
Yeah, announcing a March 2020 release in March 2019 release is normal, but they were way too optimistic given its actual state. March 2020 became late 2020 became 2021 became "this will never ship." It'd be foolish to go through this process a second time. Even if they screw up "it's x months away" at least the error wouldn't be a matter of years.

Yeah, it turns out that spending all your money and time on a studio to make a game, only to ultimately scrap it for undisclosed reasons, is a huge waste of money and time.

But one looks better in a financial report, just like how "it might release in 2023 teehee" sounds better to stockholders.

Going corporate is such steep decline.

Paradox's deal with Hardsuit is that they would get most of the money for Bloodlines 2 when it shipped. To Hardsuit's credit, they really did not want to ship it out before it was ready but ultimately it came down to two almost opposing views of what a post-Bloodlines 2 future looked like and it was too late for Hardsuit to make the pivot so they got severed.

RagingNomad

Educated
I wouldn't expect any news this summer. Maybe at Gamescom. If they slip out of their 2023 target, maybe the game awards.
Why do you think there will be no news on SGF? I think it's the best time to show something (teaser mb or release date).

RagingNomad

Educated
By the way, the Chinese Room on Twitter began to tease something. And they said that news will be soon. May be at SGF?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why do you think there will be no news on SGF? I think it's the best time to show something (teaser mb or release date).
There was no visible excitement from anyone I saw, but then TCR dropped that tweet so they're showing something there. Despite owning a bunch of studios, Sumo Digital's games are often published by other people, so it could be the original IP as CM says.

Delterius

Arcane
Something not being impossible doesn't mean it will actually happen.

I mean, I MIGHT win the jackpot tomorrow and rake in 73 million eurobucks but it's not very likely.
Update: I did not win 73 million eurobucks. Still have to go to work tomorrow.
should have hired me. i'd charge you only one million eurobucks in exchange for the necessary rituals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom