Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
The plot of Earthblood consists of fighting a Satanic oil company
sounds relatable tbh hope it includes fighting satanic factory farming too
In real life, humans pollute due to stupidity and not deliberate malice. Promoting this Captain Planet nonsense doesn’t do anyone favors.

What I would do instead is a plot about some ecoterrorists who steal shapeshifting magic from an innocent long-suffering Amerindian wizard, then use it to massacre miners, loggers, and families at company picnics. The PC is a werewolf, employed by the police/FBI/military, assigned to bring these culturally appropriating mass murdering psychopaths to justice.

Delterius

Arcane
In real life, humans pollute due to stupidity
well i disagree there. there's nothing stupid about industrialization. the truth is humans pollute - more than they ought to at least - out of greed. which is a sin. and in the world of darkness demons do exist and work on humanity.

i'm not even vegan but stuff like factory farming and all the lead/microplastics lodged in our brains already come across as satanic irl. why, there are many such evil worshippers right in this thread. wouldn't fault anyone for thinking the devil has something to do with such industries.

the world of darkness presents itself as gothicpunk. it would take massive amounts of straight up delusion to think werewolves should be about defending mega-corporate interests instead of, you know, rebelling against them.

As a starving man you may find the recent Werewolf WoD game of some sustenance. It's best viewed as a 90's game found in a time capsule.
Which one? There’s like two and they’re both terrible. Tying werewolves into anarcho-primitivist ecoterrorism was a shitty idea.

How the fuck is making werewolves violent territorial hippies a shitty idea? They are werewolves. It's the same shit as making vampires a secret organization sucking the life and controlling the strings wherever they reside.
How familiar are you with the IP? Did you read the Children of Gaia splatbook that enshrines a gay furry sex ritual into the rules? The Book of the Weaver that says the Christian God is just “The Patriarch,” a mid-tier patsy for a cosmic spider, and that technology and science is inherently evil, uncreative, and will destroy the world with stagnation? Did you read the backstory where it was explained ancient werewolves practiced eugenics on mortals by periodically purging the “weak” and many still yearn for those days?

The plot of Earthblood consists of fighting a Satanic oil company that deliberately pollutes in order to cause the apocalypse. What about that doesn’t sound like a shitty idea to you?

That Satanic oil company is controlled by Pentex, who serves the Wyrm, the primary thing that the Garou battle against so they protect Gaia. I don't really like Earthblood but it is consistent with the overall greater logic and conflicts found in WTA. Not polluting for the sake of polluting. Even then, corporations polluting has a profit incentive anyway.

Just like that other shit you're trying to list (I thought ideas were cheap and execution was all that mattered ), you've once again left out context. Do you just have a problem with anything that depicts the Christian God as something other than the Christian God? Pick up the Old Testament. In fact, it is perfectly understandable that some Werewolves would come to the conclusions about The Patriarch being a servant of the Wyrm. Key word is some.

I don't get how any of that is inherently shitty to writing out a history werewolves and how differing beliefs, even GAY FURRY SEX, can evolve from living a lifestyle relatively isolated and your life being about fighting for Gaia.

The plot of Earthblood consists of fighting a Satanic oil company
sounds relatable tbh hope it includes fighting satanic factory farming too
In real life, humans pollute due to stupidity and not deliberate malice. Promoting this Captain Planet nonsense doesn’t do anyone favors.

What I would do instead is a plot about some ecoterrorists who steal shapeshifting magic from an innocent long-suffering Amerindian wizard, then use it to massacre miners, loggers, and families at company picnics. The PC is a werewolf, employed by the police/FBI/military, assigned to bring these culturally appropriating mass murdering psychopaths to justice.

"Humans don't pollute for the sake of deliberate malice."

"In MY ideal WTA story, a group of uppity terrorists kill a bunch of innocent people and you're a Mercenary for hire. How cool is that?! It's just like Call of Duty! Except better because you're a werewolf!"

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Even then, corporations polluting has a profit incentive anyway.
They can pollute the exact same amounts and not profit - by giving away all their profit to charities. What would the furries say then? It's still pollution, and it's done for the creation of products that people want.

Profit is only a certain way of redistributing money. Redistribute it differently and what does it change to pollution itself? Nothing. Hence, profit is a non-issue. It's only brought up by edgy teens who don't understand anything and don't have enough pocket money for some toy.

Delterius

Arcane
They can pollute the exact same amounts and not profit - by giving away all their profit to charities. What would the furries say then?
do public relations redeem the sins of man?

besides the original point stands. corporations aren't incompetent or stupid. they are meant to cut costs and make profits.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They can pollute the exact same amounts and not profit - by giving away all their profit to charities. What would the furries say then?
do public relations redeem the sins of man?

besides the original point stands. corporations aren't incompetent or stupid. they are meant to cut costs and make profits.
Make profits by creating products that people want, which is an objective good.
Fucking were-trannies are fighting on the side of evil.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
In real life, humans pollute due to stupidity
well i disagree there. there's nothing stupid about industrialization. the truth is humans pollute - more than they ought to at least - out of greed. which is a sin. and in the world of darkness demons do exist and work on humanity.
You have to be pretty stupid to let your greed drive you to make these decisions despite the ample scientific evidence of danger.

i'm not even vegan but stuff like factory farming and all the lead/microplastics lodged in our brains already come across as satanic irl. why, there are many such evil worshippers right in this thread. wouldn't fault anyone for thinking the devil has something to do with such industries.
But in real life, it’s not literally Satanic and few believe it is. I’ve seen no shortage of mass destruction caused by the other side (e.g. the Sri Lanka food crisis caused by switching to organic farming, Germany’s power crisis).
the world of darkness presents itself as gothicpunk. it would take massive amounts of straight up delusion to think werewolves should be about defending mega-corporate interests instead of, you know, rebelling against them.
I’m not suggesting defending corporate interests. Fuck corpos. I thought it would be funny to paint the ecoterrorists as villains for once.

(I thought ideas were cheap and execution was all that mattered
I thought WoD was a tired outdated IP that nobody wants to work on?

Delterius

Arcane
ample scientific evidence of danger.
not to *me*. do you think the paint in my house is leaded, like that of the usual prole? no, i just sold the poison. i didn't consume it. i get to pay large amounts of money to harvest water from the mountains of tibet because i worked for that privilege.
But in real life, it’s not literally Satanic
it definitely comes across as satanic. i guess some people just can't see the devil's influence in the world. just the self evident evil of the torture nexuses required to supply us with non stop non nutritious food is rather impressive. remember when chicken used to taste like chicken? you probably don't, it was before your time.
I’m not suggesting defending corporate interests.
frankly you come across as a worshipper rather than a defender. quite impressive, the lies that the devil can tell. 'humans are just stupid, look away from sin and greed for they have nothing to do with the world'.
ecoterrorists as villains for once
sounds like corporate slop to me
people want
doesn't matter if people came to enjoy the demon semen cola, it's a holy war.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
ample scientific evidence of danger.
not to *me*. do you think the paint in my house is leaded, like that of the usual prole? no, i just sold the poison. i didn't consume it. i get to pay large amounts of money to harvest water from the mountains of tibet because i worked for that privilege.
But in real life, it’s not literally Satanic
it definitely comes across as satanic. i guess some people just can't see the devil's influence in the world. just the self evident evil of the torture nexuses required to supply us with non stop non nutritious food is rather impressive. remember when chicken used to taste like chicken? you probably don't, it was before your time.
I’m not suggesting defending corporate interests.
frankly you come across as a worshipper rather than a defender. quite impressive, the lies that the devil can tell. 'humans are just stupid, look away from sin and greed for they have nothing to do with the world'.
ecoterrorists as villains for once
sounds like corporate slop to me
That’s still a false equivalence. In real life, the motivation is ultimately “I got mine, fuck you!” not “I wanna cause the apocalypse!”

I have seen the other side do so much stupid and evil shit that I find it impossible to take them seriously anymore. “Eat the bugs,” “live in the pod,” “own nothing and be happy,” “suck my dick or you’re a bigot,” “subject your child to unethical medical experiments or we’ll shoot up schools,” etc.

Maybe humanity deserves to drown in its own pollution.

Delterius

Arcane
“I got mine, fuck you!”
progress. now you understand its about sinful greed rather than an excuse
“I wanna cause the apocalypse!”
yes, this is the world of darkness. rather than just the sins of men, demons walk amongst us. and work their magic on us.
I have seen the other side
again, such beautiful lies the devil can weave all around us, in cold screens, in the dead of night. a man screams at you. 'care for my bullshit rather than your own survival!'. and lo:
the result.

Last edited:
Even then, corporations polluting has a profit incentive anyway.
They can pollute the exact same amounts and not profit - by giving away all their profit to charities. What would the furries say then? It's still pollution, and it's done for the creation of products that people want.

Profit is only a certain way of redistributing money. Redistribute it differently and what does it change to pollution itself? Nothing. Hence, profit is a non-issue. It's only brought up by edgy teens who don't understand anything and don't have enough pocket money for some toy.

If the creation and redistribution of products was done in ways that had profit incentives from not polluting, then it would be done. Corporations and businesses exist to make profit and it is undeniable that the chase for big profits includes pollution among other things because it includes profit, not for the sake of pollution. No such viable solution really exists and I'm not advocating people stop buying shit people need or even want.

(I thought ideas were cheap and execution was all that mattered
I thought WoD was a tired outdated IP that nobody wants to work on?

...yes? What has changed? Based on your previous posts filled with cargo cult criticism and a general unwillingness to engage with any material in good faith on its own terms because it's not Bloodlines, trying to look at things critically is lost on you which is bonkers because this is Werewolf The Apocalypse.

That’s still a false equivalence. In real life, the motivation is ultimately “I got mine, fuck you!” not “I wanna cause the apocalypse!”

I have seen the other side do so much stupid and evil shit that I find it impossible to take them seriously anymore. “Eat the bugs,” “live in the pod,” “own nothing and be happy,” “suck my dick or you’re a bigot,” “subject your child to unethical medical experiments or we’ll shoot up schools,” etc.

"I got mine, fuck you!" to "Maybe humanity deserves to drown in its own pollution."

The irony here is palpable.

Does everyone in completely made-up stories need to be true to life?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
In real life, the motivation is ultimately “I got mine, fuck you!” not “I wanna cause the apocalypse!”
It's perfectly fine for fictional villains to have goofy and hilariously entertaining motivations.
That’s fair. Where it crosses the line into stupid for me is when it loses any sense of self-awareness. WTA is written completely seriously with no awareness of how ridiculous its own premise is. This is reflected in its fandom. Among other things, fans are complaining that the new edition removes the deformed incest baby splat.

Writing it as a comedic satire of Captain Planet is all fine and dandy, but it isn’t written that way. It’s written as an intentionally and seriously political work. It’s a leftwing Chick tract. It’s furry Captain Planet.

But wait, there’s more! Paradox is trying desperately to scrub it to be more presentable, with all the poor results you would expect from trying make a Chick tract more presentable. That’s the version Earthblood is supposed to be using.

J1M

Arcane
Saying that a bullet is magic or silver and therefore can kill a vampire the way a regular bullet kills a human sucks a lot of the life out of vampire antagonists.
Sure, but that's a common trope of the vamp genre for better or worse. And if we're talking about more action-focused franchises like Blade, is it really that different from a mundane action film in which our outnumbered hero defeats a shitload of enemies?
Yes, it's a waste of the setting's differentiating element.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That’s fair. Where it crosses the line into stupid for me is when it loses any sense of self-awareness. WTA is written completely seriously with no awareness of how ridiculous its own premise is. This is reflected in its fandom. Among other things, fans are complaining that the new edition removes the deformed incest baby splat.

Writing it as a comedic satire of Captain Planet is all fine and dandy, but it isn’t written that way. It’s written as an intentionally and seriously political work. It’s a leftwing Chick tract. It’s furry Captain Planet.

But wait, there’s more! Paradox is trying desperately to scrub it to be more presentable, with all the poor results you would expect from trying make a Chick tract more presentable. That’s the version Earthblood is supposed to be using.

I haven't read the primary sources, but the stuff on the wiki is hilarious and also self-parodying e.g. https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/PCP https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Magicians_of_the_Bay https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Dog_Game_Factory_(Pentex) https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Tellus

Vatnik Wumao
Saying that a bullet is magic or silver and therefore can kill a vampire the way a regular bullet kills a human sucks a lot of the life out of vampire antagonists.
Sure, but that's a common trope of the vamp genre for better or worse. And if we're talking about more action-focused franchises like Blade, is it really that different from a mundane action film in which our outnumbered hero defeats a shitload of enemies?
Yes, it's a waste of the setting's differentiating element.
Meh, I think that the genre (to the degree that we can even define it as a genre in itself rather than just a trope that spans multiple unrelated genres) is broad enough that there's a place for all sorts of settings. And while this sort of trivialization of vamp powers might not work for some work of gothic horror or what have you, it works just fine for something like Blade.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I haven't read the primary sources,
Who here has? I’m under the impression that most people here were introduced through Bloodlines and never heard of the IP before then nor know anything about it besides vague tidbits they read on a wiki somewhere.

I was a tabletop gamer before I played Bloodlines. I read so many books. The IP is absolutely ridiculous and not in a good way.

EvilWolf

Learned
How many other games let you play vampire hunters?
According to Google:

nx7oetP.jpg
How many of those games have you heard of, played, or have confirmed are about playing as vampire hunters?
13, 9, vampires: 10, vampire hunters: 16

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey assholes, there are already threads elsewhere about how great capitalism is. At least pretend you're still talking about something that has anything to do with Bloodlines 2.

Delterius

Arcane
Hey assholes, there are already threads elsewhere about how great capitalism is. At least pretend you're still talking about something that has anything to do with Bloodlines 2.
did bloodlines 2 fail capitalism or did capitalism fail bloodlines 2

psyche, no one failed. the game is releasing and its gonna be great

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom