Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
What kind of name is Waananen anyways? Sounds like a comic book super villain. Like Eobard Thawne.
FuEt2Cp.jpg

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I don't believe that. I think in her first Twitter after she left she mentioned Mitsoda in a positive way!

What Wesp5 said, I thought she was complimentary of the creatives, and even by quitting, she's indirectly saying she supports them and does not like where the future of the company is going (plus, there was still writing to be done).

What kind of name is Waananen anyways? Sounds like a comic book super villain. Like Eobard Thawne.

Maybe it's based the sounds he makes, not only as a baby and throughout his career, to the point others thought it must be his last name?

Cannot wait to see what amazing system design Waaaa gifts the game with.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Florian Schwarzer, ex-producer on Bloodlines 2 who moved off of it a while ago (many months), turns out to have resigned from Paradox in December.

I think Wesp5 mentioned positive interactions with Florian, which of course meant Florian wasn't long for Paradox:

This announcement is obviously more incredible "good news, everyone!" following the other "good news, everyone!" posts of the past year - all of which only promises good things from BL2 and Paradox.

New Paradox (and Hardsuit) Motto: Retention Isn't Everything

Last edited by a moderator:

deuxhero

Arcane
Do you think it will A: Release, but miss the console generation B: Be canceled or C: Have a product that only has art assets and name in common released just to claim it's finished

Wesp5

Arcane
Florian Schwarzer, ex-producer on Bloodlines 2 who moved off of it a while ago (many months), turns out to have resigned from Paradox in December.

I think Wesp5 mentioned positive interactions with Florian, which of course meant Florian wasn't long for Paradox:

Yes, I had some contact with Florian and he is a very nice guy, coming out of the modding scene and being a real fan of VtmB. You could probably see that in the clan revelation videos and his participation in the PnP game streams ;). He told me that he was already removed from Bloodlines before they fired Cluney and Mitsoda...

Tao

Savant

I have read the original article about some Rooney Rule abd someorganization that want something from AB, but don't understand exactly who want what?
Can someone explain, please? In simple English.

As far as i know if you own a certain % of the company shares you can propose certain rules to be voted and passed. One SJW group want to pass that "diversity hires" thingy on all jobs levels and Blizz is saying that it is impractical, inviable and that it will hurt the company, so they want SEC to allow them (blizzard) to overule that proposal.

More or less.

S.torch

Arbiter

I have read the original article about some Rooney Rule abd someorganization that want something from AB, but don't understand exactly who want what?
Can someone explain, please? In simple English.

As far as i know if you own a certain % of the company shares you can propose certain rules to be voted and passed. One SJW group want to pass that "diversity hires" thingy on all jobs levels and Blizz is saying that it is impractical, inviable and that it will hurt the company, so they want SEC to allow them (blizzard) to overule that proposal.

More or less.

They put themselves in the juicy "stock market" game. Who is now seeking to implement diversity quotas in all positions in the company is none other than a shareholder. Not only that, but they already have been implementing the aforementioned "quotas". The only difference now is that the shareholder wants to implement them for absolutely all positions, and they are concerned about a specific type of position.

They are reaping what they sowed.
They are getting just what they deserve.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not sure if this is a shill review or well-done sarcasm.

"Wonderful Company"
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO

I have been working at Hardsuit Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership who cares about the well-being of their employees. Friendly, compassionate and hard-working staff who build each other up. Very healthy work environment (little to no crunch, accessable, and devs stemming from seasoned developers who fresh young designers who all know how to work together, listen to each other and bring each other up.) Because of the mix of all this, the quality of work coming out from this team feels strong, innovative and refreshing. You can tell workers care deeply about their coworkers and the project they work on, which is not the case at most studios.

Cons

Any issues that arise, this team actively strives to fix and improve. Our current approaches to development work really well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and striving to build up an authentic studio with longevity. I'm consistently impressed with the studio you're building up while working here.

"Cons - we fix all the problems! :)" :lol:

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Not sure if this is a shill review or well-done sarcasm.

"Cons - we fix all the problems! :)" :lol:

Smells like a shill review, especially the Cons section you pointed out.

Guess Hardsuit HR and the CEO are working overtime to make sure those reviews are glowing!

Who cares about working on the game, I guess, Hardsuit's focus is where it should be: on the perception of the company on review sites, not the delivery of anything of quality, meaning, or even acceptable by PS2 standards.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Yes, I had some contact with Florian and he is a very nice guy, coming out of the modding scene and being a real fan of VtmB. You could probably see that in the clan revelation videos and his participation in the PnP game streams ;). He told me that he was already removed from Bloodlines before they fired Cluney and Mitsoda...

Way to get him fired, Wesp5, this post might as well be written on a pink slip

"Florian, it's come to our attention you interact with the fans in a positive manner. This will not do. If this behavior persists, we'll have no choice but to let you go."

Semiurge

Cipher
Wesp5 in Bloodlines at the start of warrens level 4 there's the long vertical duct with the large fan at the bottom through which you're supposed to fall. There's also another smaller vertical duct with a ladder that runs alongside it, but the access to it is blocked by an indestructible grille. Is there any way to open it in the basic version?

Wesp5

Arcane
"Florian, it's come to our attention you interact with the fans in a positive manner. This will not do. If this behavior persists, we'll have no choice but to let you go."

Actually I don't know who was behind contacting me and I don't know why Florian left the project. I only had contact with him because we both were at the Gamescom in Cologne at the same time :)!

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5 in Bloodlines at the start of warrens level 4 there's the long vertical duct with the large fan at the bottom through which you're supposed to fall. There's also another smaller vertical duct with a ladder that runs alongside it, but the access to it is blocked by an indestructible grille. Is there any way to open it in the basic version?

No, there isn't but I'm pretty sure Troika planned it at one time so I made it possible in the plus patch. After all why add an alternate way to the map if you can't ever use it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom