Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Deleted Member 16721

And Bloodlines is still probably a lot closer to niche.

They must really believe they have an amazing product on their hands that is going to attract a ton of fans. That's why they're betting high on it. By the way, it's not going to be an MMO. It will be a Bloodlines 2 in the proper style.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bloodlines has attracted quite a large following since its debut. It's not niche in the sense AoD or UnderRail are niche, it's certainly more popular and well-known. I've seen references to it in a lot of online spaces. All my gamer friends (all 3 of them) have heard about Bloodlines and have played it, while neither of them know AoD or UnderRail (until I told them about them).

Saerain

Augur
Patron
No matter how much it is burdened by glorious wokeness, I just hope I can argue with a stop sign. YOU'RE NOT MY MOMS

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
https://www.trustnomore.com/2019/03/20/operation-pegasus/

Hello readers and fellow truth seekers,

The time is now. Operation Pegasus is a go. We trust that those who know what that means will spread the word. We have agents inside the event. They will be able to leak intel for us. For their safety, we need the online community on alert. We will live-stream the event all night, so be sharp. Up-to-the-minute breaking stories will be posted as needed. With your help, we will bring the chimera down to its knees.

On the 21st, keep your eyes, ears and wits at the ready.

Find the truth.

https://www.trustnomore.com/2019/03/21/tender-strange-venue/

My investigation into the insidious activities of Tender have taken me on a twisting path. One way or another, that path leads to, and perhaps ends in, San Francisco on March 21st. That night, Tender will celebrate its launch with a lavish party. The venue is the Folsom Street Foundry. On the surface, it appears to be a popular event venue, but we all know what sorts of things can writhe and crawl beneath a normal-looking surface.

The building has an interesting, and I suspect partially covered-up, history. I know the building itself has been a warehouse and a slaughterhouse, but I need to know more. Strange rumors float around that structure, but little is substantiated. I’ve made some wonderful allies recently, particularly from those who read Trust No More — resourceful minds hungry for the truth. I’m reaching out to those minds right now. What can we find out about this building? What can I expect on the 21st?

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
iBCQGpo.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Malcolm needs to learn how to spell separate if he really wants his list of demands to be met. :negative:

I can buy into his hatred of anyone with the name Daniel though. :salute:

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
I'm kind of curious if any of the writing for this ARG was from the studio itself or if it was all Alice & Smith, the company they hired to setup it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've recently been acquainted more intimately with Machiavelli, and The Prince gives off a very one-sided view, as it was written specifically (or at least hoped) to be read by Lorenzo the Magnificent, Machiavelli trying to earn favor with the Medici. It didn't work, but here we are. It shouldn't be taken as a complete representation of Machiavelli's political theory. Or moral one, for that matter. Perhaps nobody explained that to whoever wrote that list ;d Or perhaps that was the point, as Malcolm comes off as pompous and not all that well-read. A true connoisseur of some financial means will not talk to the help in such a manner, he'll have other people doing that.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've recently been acquainted more intimately with Machiavelli, and The Prince gives off a very one-sided view, as it was written specifically (or at least hoped) to be read by Lorenzo the Magnificent, Machiavelli trying to earn favor with the Medici. It didn't work, but here we are. It shouldn't be taken as a complete representation of Machiavelli's political theory. Or moral one, for that matter. Perhaps nobody explained that to whoever wrote that list ;d Or perhaps that was the point, as Malcolm comes off as pompous and not all that well-read. A true connoisseur of some financial means will not talk to the help in such a manner, he'll have other people doing that.

Pretty sure whoever wrote this email never even read The Prince. Its usage here is just a shortcut go-to for 'hey I am literate and ruthless.'

Space Nugget

How about that... coming to GOG AND Steam, in this day and fucking age. :lol:

FUCK YOU, FEARGUS! You greedy bastard...

:incline:

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Paradox gave PST but meant PDT 'cause California's in daylight savings, common mistake. The countdown is at 2 hours.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

It's supposed to represent the guy's narcissism. You don't need delve too deep into Machiavelli or the idea whether The Prince was supposed to be criticism, ironic or sincere. It is enough that it is a book on political theory and specifically of being self-important and cruel pragmatically if taken seriously.

It can also be argued that The Prince is neither ironic nor sincere but merely a representation and deconstruction of particular political behaviour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom