Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

The President

Educated
Said it before and I’ll say it again, losing Schaffer is worse than losing Mitsoda.
What I don't understand is how this could happen. Both Mitsoda and Schaffer were nice enough to help me restore stuff for my Unofficial Patch via emails. A pure fan project! How could Paradox not manage to communicate enough to keep them?

I’d feel comfortable betting a good amount of cash that it had nothing to do with money, disputes, or anything of the sort. I’d bet Rik was never contacted by Paradox or TCR at all post HSL being removed.

Honestly, probably just corporate and paperwork bullshit. These big companies that operate in many locations get like big bureaucracies after a while, just wildly inefficient and too much paperwork to go through. If HSL had any claim whatsoever to Rik or if paradox or TCR had to renegotiate with Rik it’s possible they simply decided to not to. It’s also possible whoever is/was in charge during the transfer to TCR forgot about Rik completely and told TCR do what you want. TCR may also have had people on contract or in house staff and decided to put their trust in them. I’ve found with so many things in the corporate world, there’s usually no conspiracy or some great reason, sometimes shit just happens. Look how long it took Paradox to come to the conclusion HSL wasn’t delivering.

Wesp5

Arcane
Said it before and I’ll say it again, losing Schaffer is worse than losing Mitsoda.
What I don't understand is how this could happen. Both Mitsoda and Schaffer were nice enough to help me restore stuff for my Unofficial Patch via emails. A pure fan project! How could Paradox not manage to communicate enough to keep them?
It’s also possible whoever is/was in charge during the transfer to TCR forgot about Rik completely and told TCR do what you want.
There might be some truth do that. Directly after HSL was fired, Rik asked me if I knew who the new developer was! Paradox obviously didn't tell him at the time. I had hoped the contact was made latter, but it seemed it wasn't...

The President

Educated
I always give my favorite corporate example. When I met my now wife in 2008 she worked for a very large wholesaler who sold more rotisserie chickens and bbq than you could count. Some senior divisional head or something’s claim to fame was he spent like $20 million to design a new type of clear lid that would save x number of cents each sale. Problem was however that the lids melted often, had no ventilation, and the contents inside would get soggy. All the managers like my wife complained a lot and after some of the higher ups repeatedly didn’t respond, the solution just about everyone embraced was using an ice pick like item to stab holes in a few different spots which helped a bit. Several years go by and the CEO finally goes to the stores and it happens to be the one my wife worked in. He sees the employees stabbing the holes in the lid and questions why and he is told the whole issue with the lids. He’d never heard it before and genuinely didn’t know. I would assume the higher ups either didn’t know themselves or didn’t care enough to report the information. Either way the information wasn’t getting where it needed to go. This kind of shit happens all the time.

Let’s turn this to BL2. Anyone who has played the original in the last decade or even longer or is a fan of it probably knows who you are Wesp or has played your patch. It’s however very possible no one in the corporate office at Paradox or TCR knows who you are or your connection to the series. I mean have they contacted you at all in the last few years? Doesn’t even look like they talked to Rik or Mitsoda.

Latelistener

Arcane

If modernity means "depression" and "immobility" I prefer stick to past in my tastes and face everyday life with the strength derived from it.
:hmmm:

Remove the vocals from the trailer song and it'd sound like Bloodlines hub music, only with modern production techniques because it was recorded in 2023 and not 2004.

What they presented is your typical modern pop music with its quirks and production techniques. Hub tracks have nothing of the sort, because they wouldn't be considered pop even in 2004.

The problem however is that it's not "punk" or "goth". It doesn't have that negative energy. All music is created using the same instruments, but the mood is different.

I'm sure there are a lot of modern music that could fit the game, but this isn't it. It's shit and whoever put it there has no taste.

Not that HSL did any better:

Wesp5

Arcane
It’s however very possible no one in the corporate office at Paradox or TCR knows who you are or your connection to the series. I mean have they contacted you at all in the last few years? Doesn’t even look like they talked to Rik or Mitsoda.
TCR didn't contact me, but HSL and the Paradox producers did at the time. Nobody needs me to create Bloodlines 2, hopefully it won't be a buggy mess at release ;), they only did it, because they believed that Bloodlines would never have gotten it's cult following without my patch. I have now contact with the TCR community manager, but I don't know if anything will come out of it and again, they don't need me or other modders if they have good Q&A. But how could anybody forget Rik Schaffer after firing Mitsoda? Granted, the Paradox producers responsible for Bloodlines 2 left before Mitsoda and the others were forced out, but it would have been even more important to keep the last connection to the old game and nobody even considered this? Rik really wanted to do the music...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Rik's music not being used in this isn't exactly shocking as I am assuming they are going in a different direction music wise (based on the one song so far). Still waiting to see what kind of tone and direction they will be using musically for this.

Also waiting to see just how exactly TCR is going to interpret the PnP mechanics in the game. Will it be similar to what Troika did? Still waiting for that part.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Vampire requires a fine balance between kitsch and seriousness, just like the game itself, and modern devs just don't have the cultural understanding of the era that spawned the setting. Goth is dead, Romanticism is dead.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Vampire requires a fine balance between kitsch and seriousness, just like the game itself, and modern devs just don't have the cultural understanding of the era that spawned the setting. Goth is dead, Romanticism is dead.

Long live to cringe.

Long live to woke.

Long live to death.
1699828794712.png

Häyhä

Arbiter

This wait (for an ultimately very disappointing Bloodlines sequel) ain't worth living.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom