Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

J1M

Arcane
They just mentioned in the game's discord server that gameplay videos will be released in early 2024.

Hello to everyone
:BongoPing:
. With us announcing the first playable clan in Bloodlines 2 we wanted to remind you that early next year we'll be showing extended gameplay as well as going into details about each clan.As such, if you have any questions about Brujah in Bloodlines 2, throw them at me and I'll see what we can get answered for you next year.
:BrujahWhite:
:BrujahBlack:
"If you have any questions, send them to us and we won't really answer them three months from now."

J1M

Arcane
Said it before and I’ll say it again, losing Schaffer is worse than losing Mitsoda.
What I don't understand is how this could happen. Both Mitsoda and Schaffer were nice enough to help me restore stuff for my Unofficial Patch via emails. A pure fan project! How could Paradox not manage to communicate enough to keep them?

I’d feel comfortable betting a good amount of cash that it had nothing to do with money, disputes, or anything of the sort. I’d bet Rik was never contacted by Paradox or TCR at all post HSL being removed.

Honestly, probably just corporate and paperwork bullshit. These big companies that operate in many locations get like big bureaucracies after a while, just wildly inefficient and too much paperwork to go through. If HSL had any claim whatsoever to Rik or if paradox or TCR had to renegotiate with Rik it’s possible they simply decided to not to. It’s also possible whoever is/was in charge during the transfer to TCR forgot about Rik completely and told TCR do what you want. TCR may also have had people on contract or in house staff and decided to put their trust in them. I’ve found with so many things in the corporate world, there’s usually no conspiracy or some great reason, sometimes shit just happens. Look how long it took Paradox to come to the conclusion HSL wasn’t delivering.
A middle manager probably asked the sound people that TCR hired if they needed help making music and they said no because they wanted their job to continue to exist. Management was happy because they didn't have to worry about tax law and US contractor paperwork.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Lol you think these people could name even one VtmB appropriate song?

It has to be Wagner or Liszt, there's no other way.

Are you sure? I've always associated vampires with the romanticization of death. Massive organ pieces, additionally played on 19th century organs (which have an exceptionally dark sound) seem to be a natural choice.

Meanwhile, Liszt and inspired by him Wagner, , represent crazy, violent, heroic romanticism. Great, symphonic sounds thinned by the depth of a sensitive psyche. The latter may fit a bit, but let's face it, game developers can't go any further with psychology than teenage angst. Comparing their metalness with Liszt or Wagner would be ridiculing for these composers.

Moink

Cipher
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/clans/tremere

The Broken Clan, Usurpers, Warlocks, Haemetics, Thaumaturges, Transgressors, Blood Mages

Clan Tremere embraces scholars, academics, researchers, and other relentless pursuers of knowledge. These Kindred have an obsession with blood and vitae — vampire Blood — beyond even that of other Kindred, an obsession which extends to its control. Whether the blood coursing through their enemies veins, or a Tremere’s own vitae, a drop of red can turn into a deadly weapon in the hands of an experienced Warlock.
As a Tremere in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, you use your arcane powers to control your own Blood and that of your foes. The playstyle is rewarding when keeping your distance in combat, making enemies scream in agony as you boil their blood, shaping your own vitae into projectiles, or even ripping the blood from their veins.

Image: Render of Phyre as a female with one of the Tremere-styled outfits. All clans can earn all outfits.

RagingNomad

Educated
Oh, now that we know that the concept art reflects a certain clan's look, we can guess the rest:
ssWXSkQ.jpeg

Confirmed: brujah
Confident: gangrel
Less certain: tremere, ventrue? The last one looks kinda disheveled, maybe malkavian?
There was a crossover with Dying Light recently where they alluded (unofficially) to 3 of the 4 clans. They are Banu Haqim, Tremere, and Brujah.
5ekjre531mwb1.png

The clan symbols are mixed up in this picture, but it was fixed on the official site.
https://pilgrimoutpost.techlandgg.com/events/vampire-the-masquerade

So the confirmed disciplines we have in-game so far are: Blood Sorcery, Celerity, Obfuscate, Dominate, Auspex, Potence, and Presence.
This means that we currently have all disciplines for Toreador and Malkavian in the game. Dementation, in V5, is now an amalgam of Obfuscate and Dominate. They might reserve the Malks for DLC, however.

We know who the Brujah is in that picture. I am also confident that the model with the bloodstone necklace (fourth one) is a Tremere, since bloodstones are very emblematic of Tremere. The second one looks like it could be Banu Haqim, since it fits the whole stealth assassin aesthetic. We remain with the 3rd and the 5th. One of them is probably Malkavian, and the 5th one looks like the best bet for that. The fact that it's last might hint that it will be the DLC clan. The only one left is the 3rd one, which could fit for a Toreador. The fact that they're in a lithe/graceful pose with legs close together would hint to that.

So basically my guess is:
1st. Brujah - 2nd Banu Haqim - 3rd Toreador - 4th Tremere - 5th Malkavian

I do wonder if Avellone is back to writing for VtMB2 now that Mitsoda is out and they had this very recent Dying Light colab.
Looks like 3d and 4th skins related to Tremer for female and male char's.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
I'm confident about Banu Haqim, but now I don't know what the 4th clan might be. If it were Toreador it should have been more evident from the released concept art, and it would've likely featured on Dying Light like how Brujah and Tremere have. I'm starting to think it might not be Toreador.

It almost feels like they're trying to keep the 4th clan a secret, at least compared to the other three.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom