Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bacha Bazi are Assassimites, not Ravnos.
And the Ravnos are the gypsy clan.
I never understood why they changed Assamites to Banu Haquim in V5. I mean most of the clans have an almost audible connection to what kind of characters they represent, but I never heard Banu Haquim before! Assamites directly gave the impression of assassins though, which obviously was exactly what the old VtM intended...
Supposedly the term "Assamite" was culturally offensive. So they changed it to Arabic for "children of Haquim". Which doesn't make a shred of sense, given how the Clan is in the process of returning to its pre-Islamic roots.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Toreador is also offensive to bull fighters! Change it to something stupid like Daeva. Oh wait, they did that already.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is the whole "Masquerade" thing an allegory for being in the closet? Is that why this is so popular with homos? Also, I assume sucking people's blood in a back alley is an allegory for being a male prostitute.
Reminder that it used to be modern gothic horror, not the shit that you currently see now.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I remain cautiously optimistic for VTM:B2 but for the love of god, the protagonist's name should seriously be changed. Ultimately, I'll probably wait awhile before I buy because game's like these tend to be riddled with catastrophic bugs on release and I no longer have the time or patience to deal with that.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Is the whole "Masquerade" thing an allegory for being in the closet? Is that why this is so popular with homos? Also, I assume sucking people's blood in a back alley is an allegory for being a male prostitute.
Reminder that it used to be modern gothic horror, not the shit that you currently see now.
To be fair, it rapidly started evolving in the direction of its current incarnation. The authors' intent was pretty obvious from the start. What good the setting has to offer is despite that intent, not because of it. And they still have not grasped that.

Wasteland

Educated
I would honestly be 90% less bothered about this game sucking ass if, instead of "VtM: Bloodlines 2", it was called something like "VtM: Redeadening"
Yeah, this game would benefit from a more suitable title. Maybe something like, "Vampire the Masquespoken of Aveum: Miles Morales"

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron

KeAShizuku

Novice
Bacha Bazi are Assassimites, not Ravnos.
And the Ravnos are the gypsy clan.
I never understood why they changed Assamites to Banu Haquim in V5. I mean most of the clans have an almost audible connection to what kind of characters they represent, but I never heard Banu Haquim before! Assamites directly gave the impression of assassins though, which obviously was exactly what the old VtM intended...
Supposedly the term "Assamite" was culturally offensive. So they changed it to Arabic for "children of Haquim". Which doesn't make a shred of sense, given how the Clan is in the process of returning to its pre-Islamic roots.

Lol if there's anything offensive to Arabies it's talking about their pre Islamic history. Before Mo nothing existed.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I remain cautiously optimistic for VTM:B2

Don't. Please.
I appreciate people who hold out hope against all evidence. Without them the inevitable release drama would be far less entertaining. Vic's dogged defense was the most enjoyable thing about Starfield, for example.
Fundamentally there is no evidence - so taking an extreme position is unwarranted.
What about the extended gameplay trailer?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
WoD want to replace the white men Tremere with them for God knows why.
TBH, any reason for the destruction of the wretched Usurpers is a good one.
How woke is WoD these days? I haven't kept up with the main brand itself in awhile.
Well, this shite is official:
csl9gz39g3o21.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom