Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

sosmoflux

Educated
Still nothing from Gamescom huh?

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The annonment better be them canceling the game because there’s no way they’re going to save it otherwise. If it’s not that then I really hope they announce a new VTM crpg that isn’t tied to bloodlines at all like others have said in the thread.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1926120/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Heartless_Lullaby/

This is being expanded into a full game called Heartless Symphony

I hope they finish it. Lullaby was great!

RagingNomad

Educated
I've been thinking about leaks about Chinese Room Studios, so... What if they're not really doing Bloodlines 2, but making another game around the World of Darkness? Earlier there were rumors about Hunters. Is there any solid leaks that proof they do VtMB2?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've been thinking about leaks about Chinese Room Studios, so... What if they're not really doing Bloodlines 2, but making another game around the World of Darkness? Earlier there were rumors about Hunters. Is there any solid leaks that proof they do VtMB2?
Draw Distance was doing the Hunter game, but something happened with regard to funding and now they're looking for a publisher that's not Paradox to fund the rest of it if possible.

TCR's been calling for people with action RPG experience and one of their videos had screens that looked a lot like what a Bloodlines 2 would be. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ve-returning-in-september.126124/post-8266775

RagingNomad

Educated
Draw Distance was doing the Hunter game, but something happened with regard to funding and now they're looking for a publisher that's not Paradox to fund the rest of it if possible.

TCR's been calling for people with action RPG experience and one of their videos had screens that looked a lot like what a Bloodlines 2 would be. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/vampire-the-masquerade-–-bloodlines-2-vtmb-sequel-from-paradox-interactive-returning-in-september.126124/post-8266775
Yeah, I know about screenshots because of me :lol: But I thought there are more solid leaks. I mean early someone on resetera said that all knew that CRS is making Bloodlines. But there is no any proof of that from anyone.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I know about screenshots because of me :lol: But I thought there are more solid leaks. I mean early someone on resetera said that all knew that CRS is making Bloodlines. But there is no any proof of that from anyone.

Breaking NDAs is serious. Just wait four more days. :M

scytheavatar

Scholar

If not them then who else do you want to be making Bloodlines 2? Options are super limited, as I said previously Harebrained Schemes is busy with another game releasing in Oct. And a Bloodlines 2 would be a game of far bigger scale then anything they have ever done so it is debatable if they are more qualified and well equipped for the task than TCR.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If not them then who else do you want to be making Bloodlines 2? Options are super limited, as I said previously Harebrained Schemes is busy with another game releasing in Oct. And a Bloodlines 2 would be a game of far bigger scale then anything they have ever done so it is debatable if they are more qualified and well equipped for the task than TCR.
I've been monitoring HBS's careers page this entire time and there's 0 chance it's them. They would have had to hire people for it and they're firmly in their turn-based Unity Engine niche. If not TCR, then some dark horse that's managed to go by under the radar this entire time.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've been monitoring HBS's careers page this entire time and there's 0 chance it's them. They would have had to hire people for it and they're firmly in their turn-based Unity Engine niche. If not TCR, then some dark horse that's managed to go by under the radar this entire time.
Inxile or Obsidian could probably pull it off.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Inxile or Obsidian could probably pull it off.
They're capable but they're very clearly not. Obsidian with its 200something employees is busy with Avowed and Outer Worlds 2. inXile with its 100something employees is doing Clockwork Revolution.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
busy with Avowed and Outer Worlds 2

what a depressing fucking reality

The quality of the projects matches the quality of the people working there now.

Maybe, but I'd rather have a sub-mediocre RPG than any of those two games, at least for the off-chance I'd enjoy the combat or whatever.

That, and the fact that it is extremely depressing that an Outer Worlds 2 is even a financially sustainable prospect.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Checking this thread expecting actual game information is what it must feel like to be trapped in an abusive relationship, you expect things to get better after each beating, only to have your hopes (and teeth) crushed again and again, but still you come back for more.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom