Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Caim

Arcane
I think the most telling part of the recent stream is how out of touch with the fanbase the devs are.

• Fixed protagonist
  • Limited customization options
  • Fully voiced
  • Standard 3 dialogue choices
  • 4 clans at launch
  • Ugly Lou
  • Etc

The only thing missing from this is "our devs are HUGE fans of the original" which they probably said at some point.

The fact that they lead their marketing push with two short scenes with bad animation and lackluster dialogue... it's not looking good bros.
:hailcthulhu:
Unrelated, but I'd love to see a Bloodlines-type game based on Demon: The Fallen. It'd still be a story heavy game, but allow for a far more personal story in the form of a fallen angel's search for redemption, purpose, answers or lashing out against the world.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Going through the last 10-15 pages, I'm getting a distinct impression this is gonna be this:

capsule_616x353.jpg

with a VtM cosmetic skin like you can buy in Fortnite for 4.99$.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 - FOREBLOODED

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I don't know how many times I went on a mouth-foaming rampage in this Thread shitting on the Antitribu Mod for original Bloodlines, but holy shit, this is gonna make it look like a masterpiece in comparison, and in that Mod Grout's wife was a Boss Fight. :lol:

Caim

Arcane
Don't trust the fanboy making a sequel to something, trust someone who can articulate the shortcomings of the original and how they will go about addressing them.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Delterius

Arcane
I'm guessing Carna would be a secondary plotline at most, as their powerbase is nowhere near Seattle. That said all the tremere splinter groups seem very keen on acquiring support among the larger clan, the more heterodox the more desperate they'd be.

Caim

Arcane
Consider the current year context. The blood witches are the only guaranteed pick. They didn't exist until last year and you are playing an elder? Why would that be an issue if you identify as one?
What blood witches?
Carna. Probably best if you don't look it up.
Still Tremere. Why wouldn't they allow elders to join?
The Beckoning is a phenomenon suspected to be caused by either the methuselahs or the antediluvians of the clans, dragging everyone more powerful than the lowest Ancilla to the Levant. Only intense trauma like breaking a blood bond or diablerie can (temporarily) stave off the Beckoning, so most vampires of noteworthy power are no longer around while the kids are getting their teeth kicked in by the kine.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think the most telling part of the recent stream is how out of touch with the fanbase the devs are.

• Fixed protagonist
  • Fully voiced
  • 4 clans at launch
  • Ugly Lou
  • Etc

The only thing missing from this is "our devs are HUGE fans of the original" which they probably said at some point.

The fact that they lead their marketing push with two short scenes with bad animation and lackluster dialogue... it's not looking good bros.
Unrelated, but I'd love to see a Bloodlines-type game based on Demon: The Fallen. It'd still be a story heavy game, but allow for a far more personal story in the form of a fallen angel's search for redemption, purpose, answers or lashing out against the world.
Wraith: The Oblivion.

Caim

Arcane

• Fixed protagonist
  • Fully voiced
  • 4 clans at launch
  • Ugly Lou
  • Etc

Nah, Wraith is about being a being between the states of life and death while having some incorporeal being riding shotgun on your soul and whispering in your ear to have you do things, and...

Oh.

Oooohhh...

Nah, they wouldn't. They're not THAT good.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

• Fixed protagonist
  • Fully voiced
  • 4 clans at launch
  • Ugly Lou
  • Etc

Nah, Wraith is about being a being between the states of life and death while having some incorporeal being riding shotgun on your soul and whispering in your ear to have you do things, and...

Oh.

Oooohhh...

It could make for a great horror game though.
There's also a World War 1 book for Wraith: The Oblivion. Really dark stuff.

sosmoflux

Educated
I fear what they're going to take from the poor reception is "see this is why we shouldn't have shown anything" rather than actually taking the feedback

Delterius

Arcane

• Fixed protagonist
  • Fully voiced
  • 4 clans at launch
  • Ugly Lou
  • Etc

Oh.

Oooohhh...

i dunno aren't wraith's things meant to be rather adversarial? fabian seems like he's just along for the ride

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
The Beckoning is a phenomenon suspected to be caused by either the methuselahs or the antediluvians of the clans, dragging everyone more powerful than the lowest Ancilla to the Levant.

You're wrong, that's not what The Beckoning is.

That is to say, yes, technically that's what it is, but much more than that, it's an open admission from White Wolf they wrote themselves into a corner and didn't know how to wipe the slate clean, so they just decided not to care and go "Yeah, you know, fuck this noise, this 6000-year-long game of chess played by immortal alien superbeings just came to an abrupt stop because they all decided to just live and let live and throw a rave together in the Levant".

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines.gif

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I fear what they're going to take from the poor reception is "see this is why we shouldn't have shown anything" rather than actually taking the feedback

Which will the devs choose?

1. Our audience is not happy, we should take their criticisms and re-evaluate our positions. We want to release a game that people love and makes us money.

2. Blame the audience for toxicity, change nothing, release game as an absolute dumpster fire, kill studio and franchise.

The answer is not as easy as it appears!

The President

Educated
The idea of a voiced character that has a backstory isn’t that bad, though certainly a questionable decision. I thought Jonathan Reid in Vampyr was fine, but that’s a totally different series and expectations from Bloodlines. I don’t know how much Paradox cares at this point. They bought WOD and all the studios they just dropped relatively cheap tbh and their core strategy games make them tons of money, so it’s probably a whatever for them at this point.

I also agree that BG3 will be the game that everyone will try to compare themselves to and reference. However it’s going to be some time before you see a game that has that level of detail and work put into it again.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
it's an open admission from White Wolf they wrote themselves into a corner
did we even need an admission from them?

one of the vampire daddies took tactical nukes and magical space lasers to the face

and vampires aren't even supposed to be at the top of the food chain
The whole Gehenna idea is completely retarded.
Should've left it a dark mystery instead. A truly uncertain, but absolutely terrifying possibility.

Vincente

Arbiter
one of the vampire daddies took tactical nukes and magical space lasers to the face
And if i remember correctly he was beaten only because he was frenzying, with Chimerstry 10 you can rewrite reality like some goth Naruto genjutsu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom