Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption Reawakened - fan remake in Skyrim engine

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
OBS Doesn't work with all games. I've had loads of trouble recording Ravenloft and Dark Sun on it. Plus, I'd spend more time troubleshooting the damn thing instead of actually recording. I don't like it one bit.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
This is definitely gonna get a C&D. Same thing happened to those guys trying to remake Bloodlines in Unity years ago

Lambach

Arcane
You kinda have to give kudos to the mod author for this one, he's certainly a visionary with truly outside-the-box thinking. I can't imagine "Boy, I sure would like a Skyrim-based remake of Redemption!" is a thought that ever occurred to anyone else on the planet before him.

:neveraskedforthis:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I will never understand why modders will put so much effort into something that will get a C&D when they could’ve filed off the serial numbers. If he had just changed the names, plot, and other details then he could’ve released an amazing mod about playing vampires thru history. If he had used Unreal or Unity or whatever, then he could have even sold it on Steam or something for profit.

I blame the school systems. They don’t teach kids about stuff like copyright or how to create original work.

Lambach

Arcane
I will never understand why modders will put so much effort into something that will get a C&D when they could’ve filed off the serial numbers.

Even assuming it doesn't get C&D'd, I'm more baffled by why a modder would put so much effort (and the effort to put this together is almost certainly gargantuan) into something that pretty much nobody expressed any interest in before and will very likely appeal to only a tiny handful of people.

Either that guy is completely oblivious or this is a true labor of love. But either way, seems like a serious waste of talent, skill, time and effort.

Ryzer

Arcane
The Skyrim dying,reloading and facial animations look so awful and worse than in the Vampire game and it has even more unsatisfying gameplay.
But why? The original game is perfectly fine with the patches and run particularly well now.
The quest marker gave me cancer.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I will never understand why modders will put so much effort into something that will get a C&D when they could’ve filed off the serial numbers.

Even assuming it doesn't get C&D'd, I'm more baffled by why a modder would put so much effort (and the effort to put this together is almost certainly gargantuan) into something that pretty much nobody expressed any interest in before and will very likely appeal to only a tiny handful of people.

Either that guy is completely oblivious or this is a true labor of love. But either way, seems like a serious waste of talent, skill, time and effort.
Yup. What I wouldn’t give to have his skills and dedication. He could’ve made an original vampire crpg and gotten tons of attention because we’re all still in withdrawal after the release of Bloodlines 18 years ago.

ropetight

Savant

It must be labor of love, and if guys at Bethesda have any kind of normal rational thinking they will hire him and give him solid pay.
But we know they don't so they will sue the poor sod.

Lambach

Arcane
It must be labor of love, and if guys at Bethesda have any kind of normal rational thinking they will hire him and give him solid pay.

I don't think it's Bethesda they have to worry about. If this gets killed, it will probably be by the owners of the VtM IP, which would strictly speaking be White Wolf, but Paradox in practice, as they completely own WW now.

ropetight

Savant

I don't think it's Bethesda they have to worry about. If this gets killed, it will probably be by the owners of the VtM IP, which would strictly speaking be White Wolf, but Paradox in practice, as they completely own WW now.
Shit, forgot about Paradox!
But Beth guys also own everything made in their engine, so let the best corporate lawyer win!
https://www.gamezone.com/news/bethesda-owns-the-rights-to-your-skyrim-creation-kit-mods/

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Oh, shit, I thought this was Bloodlines. Who the fuck cares about Redemption? As far as I know that game runs just fine, anyway. Bethesda modders are weird.

Lambach

Arcane
But Beth guys also own everything made in their engine, so let the best corporate lawyer win!

Yeah, but you have cases like Enderal, which was made via the Skyrim Creation Kit but is p. much a completely different, separate game and, at least as far as I know, Bethesda haven't done anything to try and lay their claim on it.

bionicman

Liturgist
Should've used fallout 4 engine instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom