Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Veterum - Warbanners spiritual successor from Crasleen Games

Sloul

Savant
There are many battles on the worldmap, also some random encounters, I guess the 20 missions are strictly main quest related.
You might have to explore the entire world and thus trigger a number of side quests and random encounters in order to progress through the stroryline.
Also, by mission I wonder if it means strictly encounters or objective, for instance, playing the current test-demo, there is a mission to patrol an area north of a city; this mission involves 3 battles.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Thank you!

Of course, the interactivity of the environment has not gone away. It became even a little more - puddles of oil, thorns were added ...

Difficulty, hit chances, unit health can be changed in the game settings.

The background design is a sketch))). Of course, it will be drawn.

In this version, we have already reported a dozen bugs. This is unexpectedly large, but we have already fixed almost everything. We will post the next demo version closer to the release. Everything will be fixed there, everything will be finished and balanced, all combat maps will be finalized (now we are missing some art). Most likely, there will be a closed beta test. But we haven't decided yet.

Yes, some descriptions are missing. And translation is basically google. We'll fix everything.

20 fights - this is in the main quest. In addition, there are about 23 more fights in side quests. About 12 more fights in special places. TOTAL: about 55 manually created battles. Plus an unlimited number of randomly generated battles.

The plot is linear. My abilities (both writing and programming) and resources are not enough for non-linearity. Alas.

I did not expect that someone would play this techno demo for more than 2-3 hours. I do not advise you to play anymore - you will start to encounter errors. Thanks again, I'm glad you liked the game! This is very important for us - we work on enthusiasm, and kind words are what we need!

PS There will also be an map and unit editor in the game. In fact, it already exists - in it we made maps and set the characteristics of units.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Friends! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your constructive ideas and kind words! It was very important for us to show the current state of the game and get feedback. We have fixed about a dozen bugs. We got new ideas and, most importantly, the moral strength to keep working! Thank you very much!
⚠️
We will close access to the demo version. Closer to the release (or early access) we will conduct a closed beta test. Stay tuned, subscribe to our channel on Discord and most importantly, add Veterum to your Steam wishlist!

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
41400de9a55cecf9df59ccf4f788b693fe7a1a3d.png

Friends!

Work on Veterum is in full swing, the time for publishing news is categorically not enough. It is advisable to spend a couple of evening hours not on a diary, but on modeling or writing code.

Thanks again to everyone who played the shared Veterum demo and sent in an exceptional link! The message detection has been scrutinized and studied in the notebook. We have devoted the last two months to working with them.

e3d3518d5a3b3d4d727e723054d87d3d652011f2.png

✅ Full list of changes since the tech demo:
- fixed (hopefully) all bugs;
- added "low" feature. You can shoot through "low" units;
- units standing below the arrow (in water, under walls, etc.) no longer interfere with shooting;
- improved visualization of shooting. Interference is shown that overlaps lines or simply reduces accuracy;
- colored circles are drawn under the units;
- the camera can be scrolled outside the game map (before there were difficulties with the arrangement of units before the battle);
- the inactive zones at the bottom of the screen have disappeared from the map;
- added new artifacts for units (now there are 98 of them);
- Increased chance of getting injured in combat;
- added a new gameplay setting: 1 Morale can occur at the start of each unit's turn;
- Changed the algorithm for obtaining rewards for units after the battle. Rare medals have become easier to obtain;
- Enemies learned a couple of new tricks;
- seriously expanded the functionality of the map editor;
- The mechanics of fortresses have been reworked. The height difference between the fortress walls and the ground is played out more correctly;
- new models of units and terrain objects, in-game art;
- something else I forgot to mention...

aa62b4b68c190c80f56cc3ab39eecd95460d5e32.png

We wrote a short gameplay trailer:
▫️ https://youtu.be/aH2LgpomgJc
Of course, closer to the release we will record a new one.

8123e7b54b3ec5d940fc6916c29337d684c6907e.png

Please add Veterum to your Steam wish list, subscribe to the discord channel and twitter:
Veterum on Steam
Veterum on twitter
Veterum on discord

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
a bit too much bloom on the last pic I think? Warbanners was a bit more grimdarkey as I recall, I liked that.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
a bit too much bloom on the last pic I think? Warbanners was a bit more grimdarkey as I recall, I liked that.
Yes, this is a difficult question... In the last screenshot, it's bright because of the fire.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Strategists! We are experiencing problems with the translation... Please rate the quality of the text. Good quality or should we look for another translator?

Lately, I've been plagued by increasingly gloomy thoughts: does the master not trust me? Turanian gangs roam freely as I patrol this forsaken wilderness near Daribor. Once I'm back in Kronenburg, I'll ask for a transfer to the eastern frontier. Or... Or what?! Honestly, I doubt I'll ever find the courage to leave the order.
Everybody knows there's no such thing as a former "gatekeeper." Scout signals: Armed men up ahead. Looks like they're the reason my squad has been swallowing dust for five days straight.

vazha

Arcane
It's serviceable, but to call it a "good writing" would be a stretch. Probably the same goes original (Russian I believe?) - I know this game is a one-man project and you are stretched thin as it is, but it would do it a world of good if you were to find a semi-competent writer. There are some even on codex - maybe start asking there.

Last edited:

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
DEMO_EN.png

⚔
Hey warriors! We are happy to announce that Veterum demo is now available on Steam!

Veterum Demo

✅
In this demo, you will immerse yourself in our ancient world and complete 4 story missions, as well as 4 side quests! Enter the towns, recruit troops, buy equipment and join the battle! Use the elements of the environment to destroy the enemy, or intimidate him and watch him flee!

If you enjoyed playing Veterum, we will be very grateful for your support! Add the game to your wish list and share it with your friends. Your support is very important to us!

✉
You can also write your suggestions and ideas for improving the game in our discord:
Discord

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer

4650e873349556676a1dc7eaf6e48aa2419b24af.png

Warriors!

We really wanted to make it in time for the strategy festival on Steam, so we rushed to release the demo. Not everything went perfectly, but we got quality feedback and realized what players want. So, here is the major update of Veterum! First of all, the changes affected the strategic part of the game:

• on the world map, the strength level of enemy armies grows gradually;
  • the algorithm of getting random missions has been redesigned;
  • the complexity of missions is shown when you receive them and during their execution;
  • balance edits (more gold and experience for units, reduced cost of army maintenance, pleasant prices in stores, better attitude to the player on the world map);
  • added goods for trade (iron, grain, wool, etc.);
  • many small improvements in the army camp;
  • reduced pauses between attacks in combat;
  • redesigned save system;
  • fixed (hopefully) bug with incorrect current date detection in Windows 11;
  • fixed all identified bugs;
  • added high-quality English translation.

⚠️
Old saves will not work!Add Veterum to your Steam Wishlist to not miss the news!

Steam page

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Changes to unit upgrades and new dwarves

Changes in version 0.8.4:

- Two new dwarf units - Engineer and Elder. Now dwarfs are fully equipped!
- redesigned the characteristic upgrades. Now the cost increases with each upgrade. Units with higher initial characteristics have cheaper upgrades;
- the calculation of a unit's level depending on the spent experience is now linear. Every 200 experience spent increases a unit's level by 1;
- visibility of enemy armies is calculated correctly. Previously used a temporary stall script;
- automatic selection of the next unit during formation before the battle;
- fixed several bugs, including a critical bug with the use of the "Impact" spell;
- some other small things.

WARNING: Old saves will not work! We apologize.

Please add Veterum to your Steam wish-list, subscribe to the Discord channel and Twitter:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1864690/Veterum/
https://discord.com/invite/ZEFE6KMVDw
https://twitter.com/Vlad_Konung

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom