Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Veterum - Warbanners spiritual successor from Crasleen Games

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
FAQ

Is Veterum a sequel to Warbanners?
No, Veterum is a completely standalone game. The game takes place in another world.

Can you choose a main character?
Before the start of the game, you can only choose the biography of the main character (essentially his class).

How many playable races will there be?
Units of 4 races will be available for hire: humans, dwarves, elfers and turans (savages like orcs). But you have to take into account that not all units will be happy to be next to certain races. In special situations, it will be possible to get monsters and unique heroes into your army.

How big and open is the world?
At the moment, the Veterum world has 134 nodes (probably, several more will be added in the development process), including 18 cities. Movement between nodes is absolutely free.

How many missions will the company have? Is the plot linear?
There will be approximately 20 "battle missions" in the story campaign. The plot sometimes involves some kind of choice, but, in general, is linear.

Will there be multiplayer in the game?
No.

When will the game be released?
We hope to be in early access at the end of 2022 and full release at the end of 2023.

How much will the game cost?
$20, taking into account regional discounts.

Sorry for my google-english. If you correct me, I will be very grateful!

Steam-page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1864690/Veterum/

Last edited:

Lagi

Savant
Vlad explain me those stats:

hp, morale, energy, mana, AP // dmg, hit chance (8=80%?), range, physical armor, speed, magic armor (elemental)

what is this axe? UI graphic filler?

+5 happy face means what?
3 eyes mean concelment range?
gold crown is what?
half skull mean Edward kill 6 humans?

red 2 slots are items, yellow are consumables, purple are skills, and blue are spells?

and at the bottom are passives?

Veterum's Main hero. Modeler:
xgm_Tiodor

image.png

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
hp, morale, energy, mana, AP // dmg, hit chance (8=80%?), range, physical armor, speed, magic armor (elemental)
Yes. Hit chance is ( 8 - Target Evasion )* 10%

what is this axe? UI graphic filler?
Axe is the damage type "slashing"

+5 happy face means what?
Mood (bonus to Morale at the beginning of the battle).

3 eyes mean concelment range?
Visibility. The more, the harder it is to dodge the enemy army on the world map.

gold crown is what?
Salary.

half skull mean Edward kill 6 humans?
Yes.

red 2 slots are items, yellow are consumables, purple are skills, and blue are spells?
Yes.

and at the bottom are passives?
Yes.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Will knights be able to fight alongside others this time (at least other knights?). Their asocial perk made them unusable in warbanners(I mean, their stats surely did not make up for it), unlike their disciplined orc boar riders counterparts.
They weren't terribly good, but I found them far from unusable. I think I used 1 or 2 of them, kitted out as fulltanks with healing potions or so and had them rush the flanks to just entangle as many enemies as possible to keep them away from my main force as I killed mages and archers with that, or rushed forests to make treants with my 3-4 elven warriors.
They probably don't fit well into clustered heavy infantry armies with that shieldwall perk, but for my hypermobile army full of elves and dancers they did their job.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer

Will knights be able to fight alongside others this time (at least other knights?). Their asocial perk made them unusable in warbanners(I mean, their stats surely did not make up for it), unlike their disciplined orc boar riders counterparts.
At first they are also "Singles". But they can get rid of this by learning the appropriate perk. And fight shoulder to shoulder with your comrades.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Hello, friends!

We present to your attention Veterum!!! Just unpack and play.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17OOk9EnIJs-3ER0bp2UFP3NtgoYpPwuf/view?usp=sharing

ATTENTION! This is not a demo, but a tech beta. All game mechanics are implemented, quests are registered, but almost nothing is tested. On the world map, only the central part is available for study (about 40% of all nodes), because of this, some quests cannot be completed. There are stub sprites in the game, some sprites "in work", there is no manual and no tutorial yet...

The map editor is temporarily disabled.

This is not a beta test! Just set the difficulty level to a lower level and run around the world for a couple of hours... If you notice an obvious bug, please write (preferably with a screenshot of the error). We look forward to your inspiring posts (Well done! Super game! etc.) and suggestions for small improvements.

Please write if the game mechanics are clear. Or without a detailed manual can not figure it out?

Sincerely, Vlad and Tiodor, Veterum developers

PS Be sure to add Veterum to your wishlist!

Thank you!
29012023mini.png

Sloul

Savant
I played for about an hour. Did 3 missions, had to escape the 4th one because I had no idea to win it (the last mission before bringing your report to the city).
The game is beautiful.
The hit chances have been increased since Warbanners, it's less about attrition and it makes encounters faster, I'm not sure I like that, but I can understand that the previous system was highly criticized by the audience in general (steam and such).
The game felt way easier too. It's ok to have easy battle at the start of the game though, just to get a grasp of the mechanics and not be utterly frustrated. But the toughness of previous Warbanners was pretty charming.
I hope we can still cut down trees and dig, I didn't see it in the demo (probably not the correct units?), but the interaction with the environment was really my favorite thing about Warbanners I think.

The cons:
x The main menu background artwork needs refining, the game is quite beautiful as a whole but this looks like a bad sketch (sorry). Don't go over the top, but something a tad more polished would suit.
x The game felt robotic, you're going through one mission to the other in chain, even when you reach a city there is just a line which invites you to take other missions, I feel like you need to pause a bit between missions and have something else to do. Maybe more dialogue? more exploration? I know that's quite ambitious if it wasn't planned to start with, but, hey, in this shape, it's going to be very niche.
x Cooldowns: urgh. Instead of making it on cooldown why wouldn't it be linked to items? 1 bandage in inventory = 1 bandage available for the battle.
x xp sharing: Experience seems to go to the unit that made the death blow, it's a bit too much imo. The unit dealing the death blow could get 30% of the experience? That's already quite substantial. Here it seems to be 90% or even higher.

Anyway, the game looks splendid, congratulations Vlad.

EDIT: played a bit more, I might have something under the 10 hours by now.
So yeah, I got a better understanding of the game mechanics, what I thought was the 4th battle before reporting to the city was in fact a random encounter, and it does tell you ''You met an army'', and yes, an army it is. It's quite hillarious to see full battle-ready formations charging your 4 peons.
I was really tempted to take screenshots to showcase it, I can't wait to have the numbers to deal with those encounters.
I also found out where the dig and construct barricade abilities were hidden (peasants and special items).
/good stuff

Last edited:
Just played the game for a couple hours, quit after the Ent Forest on Fire mission because I have to go to brothers house to help him build his pool but the game is absolutley bad ass, just my type of game. I love it. Great game design and it is very nice looking...all your games have been progressively better and better, and this one is no different. There are some skills that do not have descriptions like 'Calm' and 'Parry' but I am sure you know that. Can't wait for full release, will buy day 1 for sure like I have all your other games as well.

I played for about an hour. Did 3 missions, had to escape the 4th one because I had no idea to win it (the last mission before bringing your report to the city).
The game is beautiful.
The hit chances have been increased since Warbanners, it's less about attrition and it makes encounters faster, I'm not sure I like that, but I can understand that the previous system was highly criticized by the audience in general (steam and such).
The game felt way easier too. It's ok to have easy battle at the start of the game though, just to get a grasp of the mechanics and not be utterly frustrated. But the toughness of previous Warbanners was pretty charming.
I hope we can still cut down trees and dig, I didn't see it in the demo (probably not the correct units?), but the interaction with the environment was really my favorite thing about Warbanners I think.

The cons:
x The main menu background artwork needs refining, the game is quite beautiful as a whole but this looks like a bad sketch (sorry). Don't go over the top, but something a tad more polished would suit.
x The game felt robotic, you're going through one mission to the other in chain, even when you reach a city there is just a line which invites you to take other missions, I feel like you need to pause a bit between missions and have something else to do. Maybe more dialogue? more exploration? I know that's quite ambitious if it wasn't planned to start with, but, hey, in this shape, it's going to be very niche.
x Cooldowns: urgh. Instead of making it on cooldown why wouldn't it be linked to items? 1 bandage in inventory = 1 bandage available for the battle.
x xp sharing: Experience seems to go to the unit that made the death blow, it's a bit too much imo. The unit dealing the death blow could get 30% of the experience? That's already quite substantial. Here it seems to be 90% or even higher.

Anyway, the game looks splendid, congratulations vlad.
seemed like I could possibly cut down a tree, it said if I did it would fall away from my character and cause some amount of damage, I forget how much but maybe 10, so quite a bit. I bashed a bush or something open to create a space for one of my soldiers to attack through once as well...I think it was a bush.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
FAQ

Is Veterum a sequel to Warbanners?
No, Veterum is a completely standalone game. The game takes place in another world.

Can you choose a main character?
Before the start of the game, you can only choose the biography of the main character (essentially his class).

How many playable races will there be?
Units of 4 races will be available for hire: humans, dwarves, elfers and turans (savages like orcs). But you have to take into account that not all units will be happy to be next to certain races. In special situations, it will be possible to get monsters and unique heroes into your army.

How big and open is the world?
At the moment, the Veterum world has 134 nodes (probably, several more will be added in the development process), including 18 cities. Movement between nodes is absolutely free.

How many missions will the company have? Is the plot linear?
There will be approximately 20 "battle missions" in the story campaign. The plot sometimes involves some kind of choice, but, in general, is linear.

Will there be multiplayer in the game?
No.

When will the game be released?
We hope to be in early access at the end of 2022 and full release at the end of 2023.

How much will the game cost?
$20, taking into account regional discounts.

Sorry for my google-english. If you correct me, I will be very grateful!

Steam-page:

20 battles in main quest? Or 20 battles total in game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom