Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Visions of Mana

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Man, it's sad to see how far the art in this series has declined since Legend of Mana. Just a bunch of generic blobby mobile looking crap now.

legend-of-mana-screenshots.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's kinda sad what a poor run Mana games have had after Legend, but based on the trailer this looks like Trials remake might be their inspiration. Need to see more.

Falksi

Arcane
Uggghhhh. The Mana series has always been pretty mid, great aesthetics with fairly bland roleplaying and poor gameplay, but now this has even lost that aesthetic magic by walking the mobile-stock looking route.

SE fanboys will buy it on the name alone though, most are just lost lonely adults desperate to have a connection to anything, even a game franchise lol.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Never got the love for the Mana series over Terranigma/Illusion of Time/Evermore, all much better imo (Densetsu 3 is an outlier, better than its siblings but for me still below aforementioned).

deuxhero

Arcane
"SD3 remake but new story/levels and more polish" should be good game. Unfortunately, Square Enix is really, really, really, really good at fucking up easy things like this. At the very least it will have malware for at least a year.

Ent

Savant
The game was featured on an Xbox Direct which was surprising. Looks like a step up from the Trials remake budget-wise.

Crayll

Liturgist
Haven't played any of the Mana games before, but this actually seems like it could be quite fun if it's not piss easy. I like the look of the combat with all the aerial movement.

deuxhero

Arcane
Haven't played any of the Mana games before, but this actually seems like it could be quite fun if it's not piss easy. I like the look of the combat with all the aerial movement.
Trials of Mana's combat wasn't the greatest, but it had solid fundamentals and never felt bad (except for Angela's bonus boss, which is a post-credits optional extra).

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
The game was featured on an Xbox Direct which was surprising. Looks like a step up from the Trials remake budget-wise.

The combat looks fun. If only because it's an action RPG that isn't just a souls game. Hopefully it's not heavily automated like FF7 and I think FF16 was? I could go for a decent action RPG but they ruin so many of them by throwing in the pedo bait waifu garbage I can't stand.

Ent

Savant
https://noisypixel.net/visions-of-mana-confirms-class-changes-new-screenshots-character-art/

Class changing is in with a bit of a twist. The characters can change classes based on the spirit they equip but the classes they can change into is based around their character archetype. The main character, Val, will have fighter/knight based classes while the catboy will have rogue stuff and the girl seems to be the mage/support character.

https://www-inside--games-jp.transl...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp - I'm adding in the Japanese article that the earlier linked one was based off of. Good insights even if the translation is rough.

Last edited:

Lincolnberry

Educated
I really liked the Trials remake - it was easy and the music loop was too short but it nailed the adventure feel and I liked (most of) the characters and the class system. Hoping this can be an even bigger step up.

SexExitium

Augur
New gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLd_7AFi1S4

Interesting to see how this'll turn out, I'm playing SoM right now and it's a bit awkward, the combat isn't anywhere as responsive as Zelda's and the RPG mechanics are ultra light so it doesn't really seem to do anything really well, it's still fun though. I haven't played the remakes, how do they fare? Do monsters get hit when you hit them / did they do away with the fucking around in the ring menus?

The new environments are kinda whatever from what I've seen thus far, looks very BOTW

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Embedding the above video for those that want to watch it here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom