Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volourn + NWN2: A Single Journey, Many Spoilers, and Boredom

sabishii

Arbiter
Wow, the camera IS annoying. Basically the camera not rotating with A or D unless you turn and move at the same time, amirite? The top down view is a lot more bearable, though.

JrK

Prophet
sabishii said:
Wow, the camera IS annoying. Basically the camera not rotating with A or D unless you turn and move at the same time, amirite? The top down view is a lot more bearable, though.

Yup. Top-down is good!

sabishii

Arbiter
I stopped NWN1 playing a while ago, but I think it's different (the difference pointed out above) because I never felt bothered by it in NWN1, which I did play a lot. And it's not something easily ignored.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
We are. It's the best view; but it's still not super good. I;m sorry but when I'm walking along I want to see my characters; not have the camera move on its own so I cna look at the nice big wall.

R00fles!

RGE

Liturgist
So the camera moves automatically with the characters then, instead of moving when you scroll it manually to keep your characters in view? Is there no setting then to have the camera stay put unless you choose to move it?

Norek

Novice
yes, the default view stays put for you, the others are wierd to use. Im having fun with this so far. Who do you get in your party after the Druid giril? A mage hopefully, always usefull in a fight or a cleric, either class and I'll be happy.

Inziladun

Magister
Well the next companion you'll get will be a Mage, sometime in neverwinter. Then comes a bard and then a Paladin much later. That's all i've encountered so far. I've heard of 3 other companions, but I have yet to receive them.

Pseudofool

Scholar
Story

I think the Story really picks up once you get to the Blacklake district, and then to the Githayanki hide out--which I reached at about level 9-10, so about half-way. The story, IMHO, has already surpassed that of IWDs and is nearing or surpassing that of the BGs--to compare it to non-D&D is stupid.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You get a sorc after the druid - at least I did.

And, no, while the story is alright; it's no Bg (DEAD GAME!). I haven't reached Blacklake District hwoever; but I'd be shcoked if the story all of asudden improved so dramatically. :roll:

Norfleet

Volourn said:
yes! Nesshka is thrown in the trash! LONG LIVE QUARA! It's too bad that influence seems to work like KOTOR2. NPCs influence you; not the other way around. :(
Eh, then wait for one of those Russian games. In Soviet Russia, you do not influence NPCs, NPCs influence YOU!

Inziladun

Magister
I think the Story really picks up once you get to the Blacklake district, and then to the Githayanki hide out--which I reached at about level 9-10, so about half-way. The story, IMHO, has already surpassed that of IWDs and is nearing or surpassing that of the BGs--to compare it to non-D&D is stupid.

The Story, in my opinion, actually gets a lot more cliche and boring after the whole Githyanki cave ordeal. But at least it has Multiple conflicts going on, that's a nice touch.

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
yes! Nesshka is thrown in the trash! LONG LIVE QUARA! It's too bad that influence seems to work like KOTOR2. NPCs influence you; not the other way around. :(

Seems we have come as far. In fact this thing about influence I almost wanted to start a topic about. Qara was the perfect example of the not so aptly named influence system. agree with her chaotic ways and you have "influenced her", obviously that should have been her influencing you. Gives me memories of Visas.

Otherwise, as far as combat goes she is my favourite. Oh all that fire, and it brings strategy since I play with friendly damage.

Sorry, i didn't take the time to read all the posts, but i was wondering if dwarves can use bows in this system? Because i am a retard and someone who is anti-cliche, i plan on, when the (legal) download is finished, making a dwarf who specializes in bows. Are Ranger classes forbidden to dwarves in this one?

JrK

Prophet
No because it's 3.5. Every race can be every class. Except for those few prestiges like Arcane Archer and Dwarven Defender.

Heck you could make a gnome barbarian wielding a greatsword and intimidating the big folk.

EDIT: I changed the camera mode to FREE and find it works a lot smoother in regards to ordering the party around. I put everyone on puppet mode because I hated them rushing off into battle. Also, I put that option on that makes you select the character when you leftclick on them. In that regard, it plays almost like BG, except for all-party selection.

JrK said:
No because it's 3.5. Every race can be every class. Except for those few prestiges like Arcane Archer and Dwarven Defender.

Heck you could make a gnome barbarian wielding a greatsword and intimidating the big folk.

OHH SAAWEEEET

Texas Red

Whiner
The_Nameless_Prick said:
JrK said:

OHH SAAWEEEET

Dont get too excited. If you dont know anything about the D&D rules you will be confused and overwhelmed. It is quite complicated. Yes, you may have any character you want but chances are you wont understand what the hell is going on with them.

But anyway, Im playing it right now. The OC is good but it *could* be more. BG 2 is better, imo. Although the conversations of NWN 2 are far, far better. You can smooth talk yourself out of many situations. And even if you take the more evil or chaotic side of some situations, you can still neverteless be good and lawful!

For example, I joined up with criminals. They asked me to get the money from a shop keeper and break his legs as a warning/example/punishment.
But my character was not that sort. So I was very curteous and diplomatic and nicely persuaded the shopkeeper. The quest gets even more complicated from
there.

And oh, the new Warlock class is very well implented. It is balanced and has a lot room for stategy, party play and multiclassing. I enjoy thiks class very much. A good concept as well.

Nedrah

Erudite
Too much bullshit in here, so tl;dr after the first page.
Still, nice first impressions there, volourn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom