Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Voodoo Priestesses and Personal Pirate Ships

Shannow, you are apparently a moron on a level beyond anything I previously realised. If you want to fabricate the posts of the people you talk to and then proceed to respond to them, then do it in your head. Posting on a forum requires reading skills. Learn some.

Simply, saying "there is no character creation screen when you start" deserves a hearty Fuck You without any in-depth analysis of any kind. I actually don't know what specifically he includes in 'character creation', but I wasn't responding to the specifics of his system, only to the comments which I took offense to in their implications.

There isn't enough of a participating crowd here to make it worth the effort of going into an in-depth discussion of 'character creation' so I am going to leave it at that.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Excommunicator said:
Shannow, you are apparently a moron on a level beyond anything I previously realised. If you want to fabricate the posts of the people you talk to and then proceed to respond to them, then do it in your head. Posting on a forum requires reading skills. Learn some.

Simply, saying "there is no character creation screen when you start" deserves a hearty Fuck You without any in-depth analysis of any kind. I actually don't know what specifically he includes in 'character creation', but I wasn't responding to the specifics of his system, only to the comments which I took offense to in their implications.

There isn't enough of a participating crowd here to make it worth the effort of going into an in-depth discussion of 'character creation' so I am going to leave it at that.
butthurt detected

And what Johannes said.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Excommunicator said:

Again, have you even played a Gothic game? You're making a hollow argument of semantics. I mean I suppose they could ask you at the very start if you wanted to be a mage, archer, fighter, two handed fighter, whatever and you get your learning points right then and there but that would be fairly moronic in keeping with the series' setting/atmosphere. Before you criticize something at least know what it is you're criticizing rather than just blindly parroting some talking point.

curry

Arcane
PB Haters should learn to shut the fuck up. Just play the game, play Risen or the original Gothic and you'll see why it works. Stop bitching about lack of rpg elements when these games are probably the most RPGish out of all cRPGs ffs

I'm not upset with you fanboys although I should have known you would have claimed this as your territory already.

I am familiar with how the system works, but I am not a fan of peasant-to-godhood systems nor ones which have no appreciation of a character's past or their innate attributes (i.e. developing strength from 0-9000 doesn't appeal to me). I like it when I can make a decision at the beginning in the event that I know the direction the character is heading, and have that decision remain meaningful even into the later game. The flexibility of character on the other hand is obviously a strength of their system, but I didn't say I hated everything about it did I?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I wonder if this time they'll make the entire game worthwhile. The Gothics and Risen 1 all had great open starts that quickly narrowed down and ended in a rather lame endgame.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Trash said:
I wonder if this time they'll make the entire game worthwhile. The Gothics and Risen 1 all had great open starts that quickly narrowed down and ended in a rather lame endgame.
Well, they said they'd start with a more narrow path and open up later on. No idea how that'll affect the endgame.

Phelot

Arcane
Well, I'm looking forward to it. Haven't heard anything so far that sounds too bad. As others have said, PB tends to make great games that start to crumble near the end so hopefully they improve on this.

I must admit, I like playing a loner in ARPGs and I just hope I'm not required to bring companions around. I believe it has been said that they won't be necessary other than for a few quests. We'll see...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Excommunicator said:
I like it when I can make a decision at the beginning in the event that I know the direction the character is heading, and have that decision remain meaningful even into the later game.
i.e. you like it linear as fuck. Go play Mass Effect, this one (hopefully) is not for you.

Vibalist

Arcane
Trash said:

I always assumed they made the game more linear later on because it's too much work to keep making branching paths all the way throughout a game. It's like when you reach chapter 3 in Risen and realize you're doing the same quest regardless of which faction you joined, with only minor alterations, because having three different main quests, or even the same main quest with major differences depending on choice of faction, just isn't doable if you're looking to make a game that's supposed to last for 40 or 50 hours.

I don't expect any of this to change overly much despite what the developers might be saying. Even if the game starts out more linear and opens up later, we'll probably still have the same amount of linear gameplay, we'll just experience it at another point in the game.
The thing PB *can* do to improve the game would be to avoid making the later chapters hack'n'slash exercises and simply add some more interesting quests with more variety to them, so that we will at least be playing a fun linear game rather than a mediocre one.

felipepepe said:
Excommunicator said:
I like it when I can make a decision at the beginning in the event that I know the direction the character is heading, and have that decision remain meaningful even into the later game.
i.e. you like it linear as fuck. Go play Mass Effect, this one (hopefully) is not for you.

No, that's called choice and consequence you fucking Brazilian peasant

Dantus12

Educated
Shooting,swords and florets will be like Fable 2 , and ship navigation like the Normady in ME2, so no direct command:

original source :
http://www.mmog-welt.de/onlinegames/114 ... -besitzer/
translate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... d%3Divnsfd

I'm going to make a educated guess that no one here can share me the info how shooting was in Fable 2.:D

The ladies have big boobs, and no naval battles, sorry if posted :
spoiler warning:
original:
http://www.play3.de/2011/06/13/angespie ... interview/
translate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... rmd%3Divns
----------------

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom