Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Voxelstein 3D!

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
wait what the hell

I just discovered this game and made a thread about it myself.
tard.gif

oh well

v1tj3.jpg

v2ud8.jpg

This game is pretty neat, there's a big thread about it over here. The guy doing the art and level design seems to be indefatigable AND prolific, so this might just be a project worth keeping an eye on.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Nicolai said:
wait what the hell

I just discovered this game and made a thread about it myself.

Oh sorry. I tried searching again and the search function gave me a ton of threads with no mention of Voxelstein, whereas yesterday when I tried searching, it didn't return any info. I guess the search function is screwy :x

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I posted my thread a few hours after you posted yours, so you beat me to it. :P Deleted my thread when I noticed.

Thydron

Liturgist
is there more than one level? i can get out of the house ok & get a nice splash screen telling me how much loot i got etc. but cant do anything from there & have to ESC out of the game.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Thydron said:
is there more than one level? i can get out of the house ok & get a nice splash screen telling me how much loot i got etc. but cant do anything from there & have to ESC out of the game.

That's it. The game's still in alpha, and still very much a WIP

Of course, you have different routes out of the house, so it's worth playing again and again just to bash voxels

Nedrah

Erudite
Quite cool.
However, I'm not quite sure where it will be going. It seems to depend a lot on the mood of a single guy, which is not the project starter but actually the only programer who has bothered doing some work for the game.

mondblut

Arcane
Voxel games were breathtakenly beautiful in mid-90s. I was awed by the looks of Lords of Midnight 3 (too bad it was one hell of unplayable game). But landscapes were gorgeous.

Micmu

Magister
I was impressed by the nice, rounded landscapes in Comanche: Maximum Overkill. Needed a math co-processor for 386.

I used the knife to hit the jail cell bars, after all that hard work I pressed escape to save, but that exited the game!

aaaaarrrrrrfggggggggggggggggghhhhh!

LCJr.

Erudite
Sea Legends.

Can't tell it from this crappy screenshot but the waves moved.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today...if voxels weren't that ugly, they'd be the future of "formable" terrain ;)

But considering their nature, that game is just awesome ^^

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Actually, Crysis uses Voxels stitched onto a heightmap for its terrain, which is how they get seamless caves and overhangs. Rather awesome tech.

Nedrah

Erudite
From what I could gather from that thread, It's not actually like voxels are inherently worse for awesome graphics than polygons. Seems our current GPUs simply don't support them. I may be wrong, of course, but I like the kind of stuff that can be done with voxels.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Voxel landscapes in NovaLogic's DFs were pretty cool for their time. And not being resource hogs like they usually are.

Castanova

Prophet
I could never figure out this voxel stuff. I get the idea that voxels enable you to render certain 3D objects quicker than using polygons, allowing games to work without the use of 3D acceleration. But how does a 3 dimensional grid of these voxels make such a big difference in processing? How does it work?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom