Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VtM:B for sale on Steam this weekend.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I've been looking for an excuse to get this game, and it's a Halloween special for ten bucks on Steam. I'm doinit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Torrent it. Troika will not see a penny from it and all the money will go for those who don't deserve it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's not stealing since nobody owns it. Also nothing is being physically removed from anyone's inventory.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Anything other than 10 bucks after this amount of time is just a rip off. It was on steam or somewhere for 10 bucks for a long time then they decided to raise it.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Anything other than 10 bucks after this amount of time is just a rip off. It was on steam or somewhere for 10 bucks for a long time then they decided to raise it.

You're right, which is why I couldn't bring myself to buy it for $20 recently. It's entered that weird "collector's item" zone, similar to Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Which for software is just odd.

I did torrent Bridge Commander because I wasn't about to pay $100 for it and it wasn't available any other way. So I guess that makes me a sanctimonious douchebag. Sorry.

Cabazone

Educated
I've buy it. Because i'm incredibly honnest, and because i can now download it easily everywhere too. That's deserve 8€ for sure.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
If you want, you can mail Brian Mitsoda $10. I know where he lives.

Heh.

Drakron

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:

Heh.

Should he be worried about it?

... Then again, I think that I do not want to know the answer ...

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
racofer said:
Torrent it. Troika will not see a penny from it and all the money will go for those who don't deserve it.

How would a disbanded company receive money from a recent transaction anyway?

Balor

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:

Heh.

Well, why not? Does he have paypal?
I'd gladly paypal donate him 10$ and then torrent it with clear concience :).

Galar

Novice
racofer said:
It's not stealing since nobody owns it. Also nothing is being physically removed from anyone's inventory.

Allow me get the good morale job, be indulgent, I'm preparing a book about that subject. :mrgreen:

Ok fine for the physical point of view, but:
* First counter argument: What happen if everybody is doing the same? How people that did the job get paid?
* Second: Let imagine, I know your real address and name, know your little weakness, and put all that in this forum with a video of you on the net when you get bash for fun and don't react at all like if you was a total coward? Nothing physical, so nothing to take care of... That's where you are going with your argument.

Perhaps a day you'll learn a lot when you'll discover that the physical is less important than the immaterial. :)

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Galar said:
Ok fine for the physical point of view, but:
* First counter argument: What happen if everybody is doing the same? How people that did the job get paid?
* Second: Let imagine, I know your real address and name, know your little weakness, and put all that in this forum with a video of you on the net when you get bash for fun and don't react at all like if you was a total coward? Nothing physical, so nothing to take care of... That's where you are going with your argument.

Perhaps a day you'll learn a lot when you'll discover that the physical is less important than the immaterial. :)

What the fuck is this gibberish?

(And lol "what if I know your RL details!1!!!"? Classy.)

Deleted member 7219

Too many retards here. We need to bring the ignore feature back.

Umbragen

Novice
Ion Flux said:
You're right, which is why I couldn't bring myself to buy it for $20 recently. It's entered that weird "collector's item" zone, similar to Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Which for software is just odd.

That explains a lot. I've checked this game on eBay a few times and couldn't figure out why it was selling for about the same price it was released at; even the foreign repackage and used copies sell for unusually high markups. I was expecting pricing similar to ToEE. It can be had for the price of shipping and packaging.

Galar

Novice
racofer said:
1) Not my problem;
So, it's not your problem that some other people pay for you without you ever ask them? You know what you are? A fucking bastard parasite.

If you want be a bastard parasite, ok be it, but don't try justify it with idiot assumptions. Stop be a kid and assume your act and behaviors, stop hide behind lies to yourself.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Galar said:
So, it's not your problem that some other people pay for you without you ever ask them? You know what you are? A fucking bastard parasite.
Yep.

If you want be a bastard parasite, ok be it, but don't try justify it with idiot assumptions. Stop be a kid and assume your act and behaviors, stop hide behind lies to yourself.

The irony.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom