Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VtM:B for sale on Steam this weekend.

Galar

Novice
I feel like Diogene, looking for a man.... none at sight, just a bunch of immature kids that know swearing... not much. :)

Lesifoere

Liturgist
The (presumably) unintentional admission that he came here looking for cock is hilarious. I shouldn't make fun of his broken English--especially since he probably doesn't even comprehend the insult--but all the self-righteous moralizing begs for it.

Who's Diogene, even? Illiterate fucktards are illiterate.

Texas Red

Whiner
Lesifoere said:
The (presumably) unintentional admission that he came here looking for cock is hilarious. I shouldn't make fun of his broken English--especially since he probably doesn't even comprehend the insult--but all the self-righteous moralizing begs for it.

Wow, your bitchy attitude is giving me a major hard time.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
While I'm normally a pretty big opponent of pirating games... You might be better off doing it for Bloodlines. Because of the way Steam works you're effectively stuck with the latest official patched version (1.2 I think) which is better than the base version of the game but still pretty buggy. Since you don't end up with a proper install directory you can't use any of the community work, which can improve the game significantly.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mister Arkham said:
While I'm normally a pretty big opponent of pirating games... You might be better off doing it for Bloodlines. Because of the way Steam works you're effectively stuck with the latest official patched version (1.2 I think) which is better than the base version of the game but still pretty buggy. Since you don't end up with a proper install directory you can't use any of the community work, which can improve the game significantly.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
thesheeep said:
Mister Arkham said:

Ah geez. I was just planning to patch with one of Wesp's unofficial patches. You mean you can't do this with a Steam install? What the heck? What kind of crappy system is that?

Galar

Novice
Lesifoere said:

How pathetic those kids are, very pitiful, the funnier is that you find this flat gay quote funny. I see the level! :twisted:

Ion Flux

Savant
Galar said:
Lesifoere said:

How pathetic those kids are, very pitiful, the funnier is that you find this flat gay quote funny. I see the level! :twisted:

Dude. Please shut up. This thread is not about you. I honestly didn't think the Codex could get any worse, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone please tell me what the best working unofficial patch is for this game? There seems to be some controversy and I'm having a hard time sorting it out from the various topics in these forums. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found Wesp's 5.7 patch so I'll try that one.

Galar

Novice
Ion Flux said:
Galar said:
Lesifoere said:

Dude. Please shut up. This thread is not about you. I honestly didn't think the Codex could get any worse, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone please tell me what the best working unofficial patch is for this game? There seems to be some controversy and I'm having a hard time sorting it out from the various topics in these forums. Thanks.
It's not about me? Really? And you post a post about me.... and you pretend it's not about me... Wonderful logic of idiots! :twisted:

Ion Flux

Savant
Galar said:
Ion Flux said:
Galar said:
Lesifoere said:

It's not about me? Really? And you post a post about me.... and you pretend it's not about me... Wonderful logic of idiots! :twisted:

Gosh. You got me. Now please go away.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Well, since he actively tries to make the thread about him, perhaps the admission wasn't unintentional after all. Guy must be deeply desperate. Any male Codexer feeling charitable? Take one for the team, man.

I should dig up my copy of VTM and replay it one of these days. If I can manage to locate the discs, but they're probably lost somewhere. By the way, Galar, at this very moment I have about five-six pirated games installed on my computer. :)

crakkie

Arcane
Cloaked Figure said:
Ion Flux said:
What the heck? What kind of crappy system is that?

Probably the worst thing about Steam, they basically still own YOUR copy of the game. With FPS' and other things it's ok, because I don't download mods for them anyways, but RPG's are a different story.

So have you started torrenting it yet?

Dumbasses.

C:\SteamApps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines
Wesp works. So does widescreen.

racofer

Thread Incliner
crakkie said:
Cloaked Figure said:
Ion Flux said:

Probably the worst thing about Steam, they basically still own YOUR copy of the game. With FPS' and other things it's ok, because I don't download mods for them anyways, but RPG's are a different story.

Dumbasses.

*sshhh*

Ion Flux

Savant
racofer said:
crakkie said:
Cloaked Figure said:
Ion Flux said:

Dumbasses.

*sshhh*

:lol: Thanks crakkie!

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
One question racofer: have you ever contributed to the Codex. I mean financially?

In before "self-rape"

Severian Silk

Is the sale still on? How big is the download?

$10 is exactly at my pricepoint. I don't like stealing either.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Ion Flux said:
You're right, which is why I couldn't bring myself to buy it for $20 recently. It's entered that weird "collector's item" zone, similar to Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Which for software is just odd.

You ain't kidding. This listing takes the cake.

Link.

Dang. And I missed the Steam sale. I'll suffer with Steam for $10, but anything higher and I'd rather just get genuine physical media. Savin' time.

S_Verner

Scholar
Ion Flux said:
thesheeep said:
Mister Arkham said:

Ah geez. I was just planning to patch with one of Wesp's unofficial patches. You mean you can't do this with a Steam install? What the heck? What kind of crappy system is that?

Well, you can extract the files, edit them, re-encrypt them, and be on your way, but that takes a while and most people are fucking retards with the computer literacy of a sponge, hence why we had to have a self-extracting patch instead of a .zip file with .dlls

Gwendo

Augur
racofer said:
Torrent it. Troika will not see a penny from it and all the money will go for those who don't deserve it.

On the other hand, good sales might entice Valve to outsource a Vampire 2: Blood Circles

Gwendo

Augur
racofer said:
I seriously hope not.

Why not? Vampire: Bloodlines was a very good game. If you're afraid another company would ruin the game, you shouldn't. That's a possibility, but it's better than nothing at all.

Deleted member 7219

Gwendo said:
racofer said:
Torrent it. Troika will not see a penny from it and all the money will go for those who don't deserve it.

On the other hand, good sales might entice Valve to outsource a Vampire 2: Blood Circles

1. Valve did not publish the game. Activision did.

2. Valve/Activision do not own the Vampire license. White Wolf do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom