Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wanted: Codex Website Re-design

Okay, so how about now?

• I like the new design / I'll get used to it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the new design but suggest the following changes...

• No really, bring back the old design ( http://rpgcodex.net/index_orig.php )

• Both designs suck - I want something else

• I don't care / We have a front page?

• Total voters

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It's pretty good now, I must admit. One more suggestion: stretch out the middle column a little bit (so that it's more prominent) and make the fonts on the side columns slightly smaller to accommodate.

I guess I can live with these colors.

baby arm said:
The way it is now is much better than both the earlier redesign and the older style.

I like the minimalistic design (as of 2/6/09 8:40PM PST). My only suggestions would be to consider adding some more contrast or colors. As it stands there are like... 2.5 colors being used, not counting the background image. Perhaps the shade of grey used in the reply box in the forums could be thrown in there somewhere? Or possibly the old school red, which I'm personally rather fond of. Also, it feels as if the Bar of links in the top left corner, News | Forums | Content, etc, should be at the very least bolded if you don't want to put graphical buttonz there.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Goddamn DU you sure are fast. Now it's about as close to perfect as possible. There's no need to change it again in three years.

I think I deserve a custom tag: Savior of the Codex Front Page

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Okay, darker side panels for better contrast against the links, side panels now with smaller text and narrower, added a smidge of padding to the bottom of the bullet points for better spacing.

I'll leave it at that for now and reset the poll in this thread so everyone can vote again.

Old Poll Results:
  • The chosen ones must choose
    I liek the new design / I'll get used to it 25% [ 12 ]
    On the whole, I like the new design but suggest the following changes... 14% [ 7 ]
    Bring back the old design ( http://rpgcodex.net/index_orig.php ) 52% [ 25 ]
    I have some alternate opinion and / or problem 2% [ 1 ]
    I don't care / We have a front page? 6% [ 3 ]

Murk

Arcane
this is very good. easy to read and organized while things are still neat enough (the suspension of blue in gray helped). the previous version looked like it was a regular page being zoomed in. this is good.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Drastically improved. Seems I might be stuck here after all.

EDIT: But that Paypal donation link is wasting a hefty chunk of vertical space, which is pretty painful on my 15" widescreen laptop. Why not move it up above the top link bar, dead centered, but on the same level as the gog.com ad? That should let you push everything else up about a hundred pixels. Oh, and thanks for moving the Topics link back up -- that's much more usable.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I like it a lot better now but one must question what is the difference between this design and the old one besides larger text?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
POOPERSCOOPER said:
I like it a lot better now but one must question what is the difference between this design and the old one besides larger text?
Color?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom