Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like War Mongrels - real-time WW2 Eastern Front tactics by Hatred devs

Basshead

Educated
Its decent. There’s some cool stuff like how they remade the French villa attack from dirty dozen. My god is it glitchy though. So many bugs forcing reloads, and for me even halting a playthrough for months on the aforementioned French villa.

The mission just would not progress. After waiting so long for a patch which made all my saves incompatible and and forcing me to rework my way through it, I ended up stuck again on the last mission or close to it. The game was clearly unfinished as the systems were even more finicky the further I got. My soldiers wouldn’t execute queued actions, forcing me to enter combat to kill off tons of soldiers. After that I needed to heal my squad. Luckily I found 8 medkits, except only 1 could be used due to a bug. Then Ewald wouldn’t pick up the panzerfaust to complete another objective, etc. It got worse the further I got. A shame as if everything was more polished it would have been a decent game. There’s really not much else like it unless you go back to the commandos games, but those have their own problems. The setting is also one that few games will even touch. It is a shame it turned out as it did.

Beowulf

Arcane
I bought it straight on release, but refunded due to bugs.
Then I decided to buy it again on some sale and that time I played it until mission 8th, I believe, but quit due to the repetitive nature of the missions. But I hardly encountered any bugs that time and I provided me with a solid Commandos experience.
I might get back to it, especially now that they patched it some more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom