Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well tell me when you are online then. I play this game casually only and bought platinum only once when I had 50% discount. By the way, what was so bad about the Hema research cost?

It requires 5,000 Mutagen Samples for Ghost Clans to research, which translates to 500,000 for Moon Clans.

That's an absolutely insane amount of farming, especially for large old clans with a lower proportion of active members. For reference, I have almost 2,000 hours in Warframe and only had a few hundred Mutagen Samples on hand personally, even though I hadn't used them in ages and had been slowly accumulating them for months. Even if there were a thousand clones of me active in my clan, we'd all STILL have to go and farm for hours to complete the research.

OR... you can buy it from the store for plat!

We had several friends who would have invited us to their clans who were insane enough to research it, and then we would have re-joined our primary clan (also I could easily afford to buy it with plat), but it's the principle of the thing.

Sykar

Arcane
Well tell me when you are online then. I play this game casually only and bought platinum only once when I had 50% discount. By the way, what was so bad about the Hema research cost?

It requires 5,000 Mutagen Samples for Ghost Clans to research, which translates to 500,000 for Moon Clans.

That's an absolutely insane amount of farming, especially for large old clans with a lower proportion of active members. For reference, I have almost 2,000 hours in Warframe and only had a few hundred Mutagen Samples on hand personally, even though I hadn't used them in ages and had been slowly accumulating them for months. Even if there were a thousand clones of me active in my clan, we'd all STILL have to go and farm for hours to complete the research.

OR... you can buy it from the store for plat!

We had several friends who would have invited us to their clans who were insane enough to research it, and then we would have re-joined our primary clan (also I could easily afford to buy it with plat), but it's the principle of the thing.

Ouch, that is quite insane indeed.

baturinsky

Arcane
Looks like I'm done with the game. Mostly because I'm a freeloader and extremely limited number of slots for weapon and frames sucks the fun of getting new stuff.

But it was fun while it lasted.

Gerrard

Arcane
>quitting over one shitty weapon
Your "Jedi Master" was a little bitch who doesn't know what real grind is.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
>quitting over one shitty weapon
Your "Jedi Master" was a little bitch who doesn't know what real grind is.

I grew out of bragging about farming bosses in MMOs for weeks on end hoping for a single item to drop before World of Warcraft existed. I suggest you do the same, that shit's sad at this point.

In a F2P game with a cash shop, especially a fast-paced lobby shooter (rather than, say, an old-school MMO), Koreanesque grinds implemented purposely to force people to buy cash shop currency are pure cancer. You're a retarded tumor for even attempting to defend that shit.

Finally, as I clearly indicated, this was a last-straw sort of scenario.

Gerrard

Arcane
Because having the Hema gives such a huge advantage over people who don't, right?

So sad.

eklektyk

Erudite
my current clan downsized just to lower the cost somewhat and its still not researched :)

i play on and of for like 2 years i think and did not do a single arcane run and dont have any of that fancy shit ... i supose im filthy casual for that

havent maxed any primed mods either and dont have all of them :)

but i do have lots of frames and weapons tho

Wild Slop

Arcane
You may very soon find yourself like me and start seeing each riven as a painful reminder of all the underhanded attempts to squeeze $$ out of players. The very low riven count count + the 60 plat for a mere 3 extra slots... another huge fu to the players.

my current clan downsized
i play on and of for like 2 years i think and did not do a single arcane run and dont have any of that fancy shit ... i supose im filthy casual for that
Neither have I or my Kodex Klan ( Vaarna and Bliblabubb ). Arcanes are a elusive mystery.

The Hema thing was a powerful gut punch, it's not hard at all to see how that would be the last straw for some people. Our clan was able to do it through some x2 resource & extra drop chance boosts ( I think there was some x2 event too at one point too) - add the fact that we are a ghost clan and it was doable with some tedium. But shit like that always begs the question "where is the game in this game?" its nursing a bad habit - i know this but i keep doing it.

Endemic

Arcane
You may very soon find yourself like me and start seeing each riven as a painful reminder of all the underhanded attempts to squeeze $$ out of players. The very low riven count count + the 60 plat for a mere 3 extra slots... another huge fu to the players.

Well, on principle I don't spend money on the game. I'm an occasional player so I don't feel the need to buy platinum. I can get enough by trading primes for now.

The Hema thing was a powerful gut punch, it's not hard at all to see how that would be the last straw for some people. Our clan was able to do it through some x2 resource & extra drop chance boosts ( I think there was some x2 event too at one point too) - add the fact that we are a ghost clan and it was doable with some tedium.

Yup, I agree. Larger clans probably had a lot of people leave over it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The Hema thing was really more of a pain in the ass just because the samples it wanted are something you aren't generally accumulating, especially because until after a while from Hema's release they made them drop a little bit more.

Vaarna_Aarne

Completely irrelevant whether or not you have shields, the healing effect and damage do not compensate for it and it actually sucks more for them because the reload cost is % based. Moreover, Inaros has a self-healing trick all of its own to begin with.

Hema is in the weapon grade of things like Burston Prime, it's a rather worthless gun. Completely outclassed among burst rifles.

Vaarna_Aarne

I dunno, to me it seems like those two would be the LAST frames to use Hema with, since like I said the reload health damage effect is % based so they get hurt more by it, while since the heal is also % based it means the gun essentially comes with a less useful version of Life Strike built-in. Both Inaros and Nidus also have much less use for that heal effect on headshot too because they both have considerable integrated self-healing as well.

well, with every other frame if you're taking health damage you're doing something seriously, horribly wrong. so...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Wasn't Hema supposed to be a weapon to fit AIDSframe and his theme? If he his the one gaining the least of it, it's kind of a shitty development idea...

Fomorian alert requires ASSwing, so... nah.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't Hema supposed to be a weapon to fit AIDSframe and his theme? If he his the one gaining the least of it, it's kind of a shitty development idea...
s6t9ch5u_400x400.jpg

We could make them into emotes.

Fomorian alert requires ASSwing, so... nah.

Fair point. The handling has been improved again in patches at least.
You can now change to the old style of movement, and it turns out the "Rush" mode is a breeze when you are not running into shit every 3 seconds.

Also you can now turn into every direction while boosting.

Endemic

Arcane
You can now change to the old style of movement, and it turns out the "Rush" mode is a breeze when you are not running into shit every 3 seconds.

Also you can now turn into every direction while boosting.

The Corpus tileset is off-putting because of the sheer volume of obstacles around. Especially if you're doing sabotage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom