Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The problem of Warframe isn't the grind because you can eventually get everything you need on a decent enough speed even without paying, the problem is the lack of content and recycling of content, seen the trailer of the railjack and honestly, it feels like another mechanic they are adding that will feel tacked on like the archwing is since release, eventually farming the same enemies on the same maps get boring as fuck and the content they are dropping isn't nowhere enough to keep things going.
Really? I mean, maybe when the game first came out, but you've got to sink an ungodly amount of time into this game to do everything even once. I'm still trying to catch up on shit they released years ago. How many different types of spy missions do you need? Or you're just mad that new enemies keep using things like shotguns instead of 4 dimensional ass fiddler pong paddles?

I've never really felt like the game was grindy because I just do whatever I want in the game and if a shiny new toy drops, so much the better. Sure I'll do specific missions to get a specific frame or weapon or whatever, but it's not like I'm trying to get everything. I think the only time I felt like things were annoying was when I was getting Inaros, and that was mostly down to me not having a frame I liked to use at the time because they fucked with Rhino. This is also why I've got relatively little progression, but I'd rather bounce around and do stuff that's fun because that's the entire point of a game. And the game's got more variety than I could ask for. I can go on a killing spree against hordes of weakinglings, or do some suicidal attempt on a boss way over my head in a sortie, or a spy or rescue mission where one fuckup ruins the whole thing, or dick around in orokin levels looking for secret treasure rooms, and now all the open world shit as well. And all that is like, not even 10% of the content, just the shit I like doing.

ADL

Prophet
It's okay tough because the sheeple just eat it up. Remember when they were reworking melee? That was over a year ago. A fucking YEAR and this shit is still not implemented.

Overhauling one of the major pillars of the game takes time to get right. Go figure. They're turning it into Dynasty Warriors and there's more weapons and elements at play than most of the Dynasty Warriors games combined.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Warframe is technically is a permanently in-development free beta. I do have to admit I would be bitterly griping the same if I had started, say, two years ago. But I only just happened across a Youtube video earlier this year, so essentially I got in at the same time Fortuna was around.

Edit: Well, Alexander DeLarge fingers crossed, for me. Wukong rework was definitely a good example. But that's only one example.

And there's also the possibility that they standardize the combos too much so that the stances become too similar. If you've played multiple generations of the Dynasty Warrior series, you know what I mean in terms of combos and characters.

Codex Year of the Donut
The problem of Warframe isn't the grind because you can eventually get everything you need on a decent enough speed even without paying, the problem is the lack of content and recycling of content, seen the trailer of the railjack and honestly, it feels like another mechanic they are adding that will feel tacked on like the archwing is since release, eventually farming the same enemies on the same maps get boring as fuck and the content they are dropping isn't nowhere enough to keep things going.
It's okay tough because the sheeple just eat it up. Remember when they were reworking melee? That was over a year ago. A fucking YEAR and this shit is still not implemented.
Hasn't it been like 2 or 3 years since they "started" reworking melee?
Probably have to rework Saryn a few more times before they move onto more pressing matters.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yes, they've been working on it before the stream that was in august last year.
What. 90% of it is implemented now. "Melee 2.9" lol. People crying about not being able to quick-attack. I think only Channeling and Stances/combos are to be worked on, and with the Wukong rework they have the basis of how stance combos will be redone.

Besides, reworking melee has been being done simultaneously with adding Fortuna, kitguns, Moa companions, Warframes, weapons, arbies, disruptions. Oh, and Railjack. And rivens (archgun and now companion weapon). New index map. And a lot of debugging (or they're savants) because that's a load of shit and I have more annoyances with being stuck with DSL.
More like 10% is implemented. Combos are still awful, some can't even be done anymore. Charge attacks? Channeling? What's that? Who cares?
I also don't care what they've been doing "simultaneously", because they also made dumb shit like the summer event in that time. Someone should've been working on this shit day after day and it should've been finished in a few months. It's not rocket science.
The truth is, they actually STILL don't know what to do with it. They've already scrapped the original plans that were shown on that devstream.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hasn't it been like 2 or 3 years since they "started" reworking melee?
Yes, they already did that. "Melee 1.0" is old history. They reworked weapons last year and now they are revisiting the melee system, which is officially Melee 2.0 still, I think. Actually, they originally denied the request to rework but changed their mind, so Melee 3.0 is coming.

"Melee 2.9" is joke that sadly I didn't come from me.

They've already scrapped the original plans that were shown on that devstream.
The devstreams from a year ago?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/agvmyf/melee_30_what_to_expect_and_what_we_know/

This is what they've not done:
  • Stat Rebalancing as per ranged
  • The extremes of melee range would be brought down. A buff to low range weapons but a nerf to long range melee
  • Channeling would be removed. It was never used enough or really did what the devs wanted. But since Melee damage was partially balanced around the idea of people using Channeling, all damage would be increased a bit.
  • Scythe weapons will be upsized and merged into the Heavy Blade category
  • ability to equip all one handed melee weapons with single pistols, like we do with glaives currently

This is what they've done:
  • A few new toys: we were shown Slam attacks becoming directional rather than straight down.
  • Daikatana: Revenant's signature two-handed nikana*(?)* would use a new stance. Since they did not want to create the stance just to remake it for Melee 3.0. the weapon would be put on hold until the system released
  • Instantaneous Melee switch. Instead of being limited to Quick Melee with your guns equipped you'll push the button and have your weapon drawn and chopping immediately. Pull the trigger and you're shooting without hesitation.
  • Combo simplification. Instead of each stance having it's own button combination for the moves, there would be only one list to learn for your stances
They recently did the first stance change, that being Wukong's Exalted stance in his rework. As for the problem with combos, it's that right-click combos don't work right if you opt to toggle aim.

Someone should've been working on this shit day after day and it should've been finished in a few months. It's not rocket science.
Oh, hell no, nothing is every finished in a few months. Everything is finished last minute crunch time working and sleeping at the office. And what is this some "one"? One? More like 2~3 codemonkeys. 1+ modeling and animation. Usually texture artist is separate. A team manager/design lead. And a fuckload of hours in QA testing and debugging.

It's honestly less about the complexity than about where the FUCK you messed up in the code.

Codex Year of the Donut
They recently did the first stance change, that being Wukong's Exalted stance in his rework. As for the problem with combos, it's that right-click combos don't work right if you opt to toggle aim.
Combos that require blocking simply don't work most of the time.
Manual blocking itself doesn't work(unless you go in without guns equipped) which is shit. Guardian Derision had a lot of niche uses, completely worthless now.

Gerrard

Arcane
  • Combo simplification. Instead of each stance having it's own button combination for the moves, there would be only one list to learn for your stances
They haven't done shit to combos, what are you smoking? They are exactly the same as they used to be. That's the whole problem.
Also you're missing the entire heavy/charge attack and combo counter rework.

The only things that were implemented is quick switch and slam attacks. Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Testing and debugging
At DE? You funny guy.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
They haven't done shit to combos, what are you smoking? They are exactly the same as they used to be. That's the whole problem.
They made their first combo change with Wukong's rework. Play him. Use 4. And those as they say are the only button combinations (all shared) for any stance.

The only things that were implemented is quick switch and slam attacks. Wow, it's fucking nothing.
No. No, it's not. It takes less effort to throw in a new weapon or a new frame. On that note, given that this isn't a "pay2win" f2p game, the budget leans towards what is more efficient, and in this and Marvel Heroes' case, adding and reworking individuals characters was much more preferred towards systemic changes, especially if you reach the realm of design.

Manual blocking itself doesn't work(unless you go in without guns equipped) which is shit. Guardian Derision had a lot of niche uses, completely worthless now.
Yes.. This is a game that's in endless development. Like I said, we're in a limbo that everyone calls Melee 2.9. Me, I can't wait until channeling is useless.

Damned Registrations

The quick switch thing is a huge qol improvement honestly, I never used to use melee much because the game's got too many buttons to manage as is. Can't wait for them to get rid of channeling.

Codex Year of the Donut
They'll probably just get rid of channeling and do nothing to make up for the loss of life strike being the only thing keeping most frames alive in melee.

Arnust

Savant
Legit don't see any problems with block combos for as long as you keep it pressed. What's real fiddly are the pauses (yeah you try do them on a weapon with > 1.5 attack speed) but that's always been the case alas

As of the content thing, yeah, I barely see it. Recently I got a Paracesis riven (busted as fuck btw) so I thought, okay, let's make it. But first I needed to gather Eidolon Shards through Eidolon Hunts, which I had never ever done. So for that I built up a Rubico Prime, and when I got around it I got into the Quills¡ Syndicate, Arcanes and the +120% Physical mods, as well as nearly maxing the Naramon tree. Then did Kuva Siphons and Survival for the first time ever to see if I could boost the riven further. All this in like hour 900. Atm I'm diving into Fart Tuna for making some fancy Kitguns (already made a Rattleguts cuz riven again) for eventually doing the Orb Mother/Profit Taker and get Baruuk, Hildryn and the Archgun Gravimags. And literally last week I started doing Arbitrations. To this day I haven't done shit like the races, built my own Dojo, done the John Prodman Index run, the full Eidolon hunt, or the just aforementioned. I'm not sure what do you expect exactly. As of the money thing I must've sunk about 40 or so, mostly for the odd trade, slots and some other treat (seriosuly the Vetala Armor and the Centurion Syandana are sweet for almost every frame you desire chunkiness on).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They did talk about making channeling into some sort of mode thing, and showed off some animations, but they're just being radio silent about melee 3.0 way too much. Though even if they completely forget about Life Strike (and forget to do anything at all about meme slide), there's always the fallback that you can just use Daikyu amalgam with Nikanas to get built-in lifesteal. A nonideal solution, but I have made preparations for the worst case scenario.

I still think they need to address issues with RMB switching (aim toggle is basically a nightmare now), and the autoblock. Quick switch itself has been a good thing, RMB's the problem there. Secondary problem is the locked movement for almost every combo which makes melee less mobile (aside from the cancer of meme slide) than using guns which is rather absurd from gameplay perspective.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So glad I wasted all that time getting arcanes for my Plague Kripath.

Right now just waiting on Railjack, so totally burnt out on this and Nightwave really just makes it worse.

Damned Registrations

Just finished the umbra quest, kinda sad I didn't get to keep the 'upgraded' ordis, his voice gets old. Partly wanted to do it to have more health/armor on Inaros, but I see now that's not really going to happen since I'd need umbra formas for it. Suppose I'll finish up the last of the start chart next and try those arbitration thingies.

Arnust

Savant
You don't really need Umbra Forma to throw those into other than Excal umbra/Ninkondi, just a bunch of normal ones and trying not to upgrade them too far.

In fact, at least for Inaros I only used one, as well as for Oberon, and Rhino prime with no forma!:
20190913153011_1.jpg
20190913153143_1.jpg

If I gave more of a shit I could try upgrading the mods further with the respective Forma but I can't be assed and prefer the flexibility not to have umbra formas for anything than Sacrificial Steel on crit melees

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Riven wants me to kill a Dargyn pilot, before he hits the ground, while sliding. Four times. Killing him while he's in the vehicle doesn't count.

Fuck you game.

it's not that hard with a rapid fire weapon.
i still have two "fish a fish, mine a mineral, enema an enemy in 30 seconds".

Codex Year of the Donut
Chinese translator got fired for breaking an NDA and now Chinese are review bombing Warframe on steam. Something something Hong Kong Taiwan buttmad chinese. Does any other nationality throw a shitfit over absolutely everything? They're like a fucking hivemind.
I remember when I was younger and thought it couldn't get worse than Brazilians. I was so wrong.

Chinese need to be banned from the internet.

Last edited:

Mikeal

Arcane
Chinese translator got fired for breaking an NDA and now Chinese are review bombing Warframe on steam. Something something Hong Kong Taiwan buttmad chinese. Does any other nationality throw a shitfit over absolutely everything? They're like a fucking hivemind.
I remember when I was younger and thought it couldn't get worse than Brazilians. I was so wrong.

Chinese need to be banned from the internet.

LMAO and they sucked chink little wong so hard with all this China warframe etc. :lol::lol::lol:

Damned Registrations

Well I've gotten around to the giant mutant turkey boss and I'm now convinced I'm missing some basic mechanic everyone else is using to do like 10x more damage. Even with mostly corrosive damage, it takes an entire clip from my soma prime to blow up one of his fucking testicles. How the fuck are people claiming this boss is easy? I'm used to high level enemies being damage sponges but this thing is only level 40. WTF are other people using that I'm not?

6388FBE95B8379923D29F20C9937822D68072698

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom