Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If you enjoy the core gameplay loot of massacring enemies with an extremely powerful character or team, gathering stuff to get more stuff, and a sort of French sci-fi comics + anime hybrid aesthetic, you'll have a game with probably the only genuine Free To Play economy and monetization model at these sorts of production values and a neverending dripfeed of stuff to level while you massacre.

It's all really down to if you like the core gameplay loop or not, because that's what the game revolves around.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Here's a head scratcher:

There are new Achievements in Steam

EJ2rnhHXsAEQhxt.jpg

.... Itz coming ?

*Ivara Prime too.

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
I don't understand why people want some silly trailer of a given Frame over actual content.

Do they though? Is this just something DE says we ask for? Are they playing mind games on the select people that follow these claims? Market research.

True this is going to just be a Clan project to build the Dry Dock rather than any real space battle missions but shutup, that's why.
It means more to me than then some 2 min video with an old Frame striking a pose as a voice over tries to say something cryptic and badass.

Wild Slop

Arcane
There are new resources, and these are needed in making your personal Rail Jack.

Since there are long build times and it will take time to gather the amount called for, it will help to get ahead of yourself.

So grab your Smeeta, and your Nekros ( or other farm frame) and refer to this check check list :

Resource | Quantity | Location ( Tile type )

Cubic Diodes | x 100 | Ceres , Grineer Ground ( Eximus enemies)

Carbides | x 120 | Europa, Corpus Ground ( Eximus enemies)

Pustrels | x 100 | Plains of Eidolon, Ore nodes ( red will do, I don't know if blue will too)

Copernics | x 120 | Orb Vallis, Ore nodes ^

Doing a Dark Sector is recommended. It wont matter that the enemies are Infested provided you are on the right tile set map.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At least you can contribute them as you have them. No need to slap 15 in at once before they decay.

Well, wouldn't have of put it past DE to have us do 15 at once tho...

railjack went live, all new content, lots of new numbers to raise and tons of exclusive materials to painfully gather.

you know how warframe difficulty scales, don't you? group: easy peasy. solo: infernal horror of death. railjack is tailored to be hard for a group. and indeed it was, i failed 6-7 missions in a row. the starting mission, for fuck's rice wine! my usual line of thought is "i must be doing something wrong. let's try solo to see where're my mistakes". never been so easy. i won the mission just going backward and going out of the ship twice.

thank you humanity, now please get the fuck out of this universe.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Considering those wailjack related.. skills (?) I vaguely saw in a stream, I expect doing those missions now is like trying sortie with an unmodded frame and weapon on all groupmembers. Please grind the shit oot of it before trying again.
:negative:

Wild Slop

Arcane
I was on last night and all things considered it wasn't that bad. As expected bugs a plenty, and connection issues are a factor. In fact connection issues were /are probably the biggest factor.

Some needed changes came in a patch today that you will never know the joy of compared to what it was like without because you decided not to show up. When your clan most needed you. Think about it.
In the before times certain items could only be picked up by Railjack itself, Archwings can now pick them up too + vacuum range increase - things are looking better.

As far as dealing with pugs - all are making the best of what we can, all being so new, and it's going p. well as far as team work.

With lag on normal maps you can run into the problem of doors not opening... it can be a killer in here ( and has cost me missions) as door to advance on an enemy ship stops you, as well as making your emergency exit once the core goes critical. A number of times I stood there at opening at the back part of ship mashing X to launch out with no response.

All of the team needs to be aboard the Rail Jack for the mission to end, even once all other conditions are completed. Fall through the map glitch? Cant get back on Railjack to finish mission, and "/unstuck" wont help* : You are holding up team - gotta take the hit and leave. Sad.

*The rank in Tac Intrinsic Skill that gives you the teleport can help you get around this so I'd so its one of those "must" skills.

All sorts of other little bits of info and tips will be known / shared with you if you just show up.

Show up.

or else

Wild Slop

Arcane
I just finished a mission with a pug group. We were mopping up at the end when I saw this:
ga58dRk.jpg

Unfortunately I thought it snapped a better angle on this thing.
It looked like a sort of single chain link with a little holographic image in center, would slowly spin, and as seen in image had a shine effect too.

I couldn't mark identify it, couldn't pick it up by moving over and when i shot it nothing happened. I told the team and was trying to see if that Rail Jack only pickup bs was applying to it when a team member shot it, and it burst open like chest would.

These little fellas are hidden treasures...

UnoqKe3.jpg

Didn't feel like cropping the image.

A repairable ship salvage part for an interesting gun was received: The Zetki Carcinnox Mk I.

We need to keep an eye out for these.

*and I need to stick to the Imp Vandal.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Tried railjacking.

You can't do it solo, due to a severe inability to be at several places at the same time.
When i tried pugging it at least 7 times... nobody joined. So matchmaking is either completely broken or nobody wants to play with me. Sad.

This whole railjack thing (and it's gutted prelude) is such a "lol we didn't test it at all lol" mess. Steve, I am disappoint. :|

you can do it solo. it's actually easier. i did it solo. with a saryn and an itzal, both possibly worst picks (because somehow her 4 doesn't hit through closed doors).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well the whole thing is a bit underwhelming, they were trying to go for exciting space combat with explosions and teamwork and all that good stuff, but it feels really superficial. It almost feels more like a theme park ride than an actual game mode.

Piloting by far is the most horrible job, absolutely boring. The ship is too big to dodge fire so you're really just lurching around this big tub shooting at stuff while the gunners get full 360 degree angles to shoot from, provided anyone bothers to stay on board the ship to use the turrets instead of blowing shit up with their archguns. Whatever you do make sure you have somebody operating the forges to make the magical repair pixie dust because omnitools don't run on happy thoughts and the whole ship seems to be designed to blow up if you fart on it.

Sykar

Arcane
There are new resources, and these are needed in making your personal Rail Jack.

Since there are long build times and it will take time to gather the amount called for, it will help to get ahead of yourself.

So grab your Smeeta, and your Nekros ( or other farm frame) and refer to this check check list :

Resource | Quantity | Location ( Tile type )

Cubic Diodes | x 100 | Ceres , Grineer Ground ( Eximus enemies)

Carbides | x 120 | Europa, Corpus Ground ( Eximus enemies)

Pustrels | x 100 | Plains of Eidolon, Ore nodes ( red will do, I don't know if blue will too)

Copernics | x 120 | Orb Vallis, Ore nodes ^

Doing a Dark Sector is recommended. It wont matter that the enemies are Infested provided you are on the right tile set map.

Does Nova count as a farm frame? :troll:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have it, it's not very impressive. Point is, piloting sucks, so far most groups I've been in have wanted to keep passing the job off to someone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom