Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
All my encounters with Railjack came down to the same thing, the host being forced to pilot because no one else is going to do it and me getting out of the ship to blow up the crewships because nobody was going to do that either. Every, fucking, time.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah, its a shitshow and getting worse. The concept for most of this shit is pretty cool, but its like we got a pre alpha of a tech demo of what they wanted to do, its like no mans sky launch, but every single update.

ADL

Prophet
Took 2 years to make.

Just 2% of the playerbase seen it.

:dead:
2% was back when it required obscene amounts of resources. Now it's 4%
Still not great but how is that calculated? Active players or is that literally everyone who has ever played Warframe including the millions who dropped it at MR1?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Still not great but how is that calculated? Active players or is that literally everyone who has ever played Warframe including the millions who dropped it at MR1?

It must be simply "everyone who has Warframe in their Steam library". I think that's how all Steam cheevos are calculated.

Meaning the percentage of active players will be much higher. Still, a good meme.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey, stopped playing a while ago, are you still grinding weapons to kill the same enemies 2 seconds faster than before, on the same copy pasted maps, and on the same lame defend the points/kill everything copy pasted mission template with no real level design? I thought Warframe would be out of the beta demo phase by now but it seems it isnt.

I mean, Path of Exile isnt a shinning example of unique content but I finished the Lord's Labyrinth yesterday for the first time and it was awesome, hey I thought, Warframe could actually have more complex missions that arent just standing still on circles one clicking everything to death but hey... they spent two years making a buggy ship that dont work half the time, it is boring the other half and only 2% of the player base seen it, it is a pity, 2 years on the future I check again to see if the game got good, I think 2 years is time enough for them to release their next update that doesnt change anything.

Lhynn

Arcane
I got the kuva bramma, most fun weapon in the game. Just aim your bow in a general direction and watch entire crowds of enemies instantly evaporate. The playrbase is so jaded after nerfs to arca plasmor, pyrana prime, staticor, and countless other weapons that used to be fun and are now useless that nobody cares and everybody is actively selling their rivens for that weapon because they know DE will fuck anyone that invests in it in the ass.

The entire situation is like a bad joke. That is without counting the incredibly harsh riven dispo nerfs to any weapon that is remotely useful. People are leaving en mass, and it is said that 2019 was the first year in which warframe turned a loss.

Liches are just plain retarded, they are behind a cage. What should be a complement to gameplay is a complete separate game mode about grinding missions and playing parazon lottery with the requiem mods. At least some fucking genius at DE figured that dying an untold fuckton of times to the lich on purpose to accelerate the process wasnt conductive to fun gameplay. Jesus christ, if i was running the show id be slapping these retarded clowns every fucking day.

Whole game is hanging by a thread, which is the admitedly very solid core gameplay. But as somebody else said before, the devs are actively moving away from the best part of the game to force the player to do shit they dont want to for rewards they need to progress. Its fucking maddening. I barely even do the sortie lately, and even then, only when i have some free time. There are simply better games out there and its just more rewarding and fun to play those instead.

The new corpus maps are awful, they are big and spatious but the frankly pathetic spawn rate even in 4 player matches makes them feel just empty and a pain in the ass to traverse or play in. Play a defense in IO and you will want to blow your fucking balls off. One of the most fun places to play defense before they changed it is now a fucking chore. And you know they did it like this to force the player to spend more time playing to get the same reward.
They also nerfed the reward rate on excavations.

Limbo got nerfed in the last event, the most hated fucking frame in the game was finally useful for fucking something, instead of just making shit take longer his ability became actually useful, but we cant have that. Khora got fucked in the ass for the same reason as well. And it feels meanspirited, like they hate their own playerbase for not playing as they believe the game should be played.

Fuck, what a fucking mess.

Gerrard

Arcane
Took 2 years to make.

Just 2% of the playerbase seen it.

:dead:
Since it's a free to play game those achievement stats don't mean anything, unfortunately.

Logged in after not playing for like a year and there was a tiny 5 minute dialogue-quest and... that was it. Plus some more dumb nightwave bullshit.

Yeah I did that quest - chasing a kid and then zooming around the room while listening to the monster mumble or some shit. Seemed like a prologue to a new quest.

Also noticed the nightwave, what's that? Started after I left.
nightwave is dumb shit basically equivalent to dailies/weeklies in MMORPGs
I hate that every online game has it now in place of real content
And they shoved all the fucking failjack and kurwa lich shit in there now too.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just out of curiosity, anyone playing Destiny? How does Bungie go about expanding content and designing the end-game? Do they also keep adding irrelevant stuff that nobody asked for in a looter shooter like Archwings or space ships? And what does the end-game looks like?

Codex Year of the Donut
All I wanted was harder 4 player content. They keep adding really dumb shit that has nothing to do with the core game whatsoever.

cvv
archwing is fun once you get the mods for it and understand how to control properly in archwing missions. At first it's completely dildos though. Also, getting the better archwing frames than the default is pretty important.

Codex Year of the Donut
I haven't played warframe for 7 months but I've been checking update notes and nothing made me want to play it again. At this point I just hope they will take warframe mechanics and assets and make some nice small single player tps out of it. There is just too many shit in warframe, to make a good game out of it they'll need to delete things and polish/balance the remaining things, not add new shit every few months.
They're so committed to shitting out new frames that it will never happen. Lots of awful and mediocre frames that are nothing more than MR fodder, kind of sad. Would rather see existing frames get new ability tiers than new frames.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
archwing is fun once you get the mods for it and understand how to control properly in archwing missions.

I never got to that stage, the grind for mods was such ass I ended up loathing all things archwing within a few hours of playing that mode.

Also not judging, but you must be in a tiny minority of AW fans. When I was going through the content the archwing missions were utterly barren. I had a terrible time finding pubs, even through chat. Oftentimes I was reduced to begging folks to help me with some of the more annoying AW missions.

This more than anything tells me nobody asks for a flying mode in a space ninja co-op shooter. And what does DE do after seeing their AW missions being completely abandoned? They double down on flying and pour all their resources into a gigantic space simulator mode that, surprise surprise, nobody ends up giving a fuck about.

I'm now in the process of catching up on what's happening in the community, watching Rahetalius, Flynn and Brozime and it's really, really sad what has become of DE. They went into a total lockdown siege mentality. "Everyone criticising us is toxic evil hater, our game is perfect and all we're gonna talk about in our dev streams are fashion frames, cuddly puppies and fluffy thoughts."

Sad.

Codex Year of the Donut
Also not judging, but you must be in a tiny minority of AW fans. When I was going through the content the archwing missions were utterly barren. I had a terrible time finding pubs, even through chat. Oftentimes I was reduced to begging folks to help me with some of the more annoying AW missions.
AW missions are abandoned because there's nowhere near enough of them, especially on the higher tier planets.
So if you like AW you're pretty much stuck to playing 1-3 missions total forever and burn yourself out.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm now in the process of catching up on what's happening in the community, watching Rahetalius, Flynn and Brozime and it's really, really sad what has become of DE. They went into a total lockdown siege mentality. "Everyone criticising us is toxic evil hater, our game is perfect and all we're gonna talk about in our dev streams are fashion frames, cuddly puppies and fluffy thoughts."

Sad.
This is nothing new though, it has been like this for years. I'm pretty sure my theories about what goes on in this studio are fairly accurate, based on everything we've seen.

ADL

Prophet
Just out of curiosity, anyone playing Destiny? How does Bungie go about expanding content and designing the end-game? Do they also keep adding irrelevant stuff that nobody asked for in a looter shooter like Archwings or space ships? And what does the end-game looks like?
Destiny is a disaster for entirely different reasons. Instead of content/system creep being a thing it's devoid of it. It has Halo's gunplay but some of the worst progression I've ever seen in a video game which is where most of my frustration comes into play. Every expansion increases the power level and it ultimately results in praying for RNG drops or being time gated by dailies and weeklies that guarantee rewards. The only meaningful content is once a year with the $40 expansion that doesn't fundamentally change anything, just adds a campaign and more strikes and a raid, the latter of which is only accessible to turbo nerds that can suffer through an obscene power level grind.

Bungie for some reason has always expected players to treat their game like an MMO even though they don't have the content output of one. Now that they're outright calling it an MMO it's getting worse. It's free, give it a try but personally I hate it especially in a world where there's actually MMOs, games like Path of Exile and Warframe despite all it's faults.

U-8D8

Savant

To be fair, Rahetalius has probably been DE's harshest critic and they haven't tried to punish him for it, (petty twitter shit excluded) or voided his status as a partner. I don't think they’re insulated, or at least not entirely, against criticism like his. It’s just that they don’t do much when they get it since they've made their business model revolve around hyping people for the next "great" thing.

For a long time, DE’s modus operandi with their larger content drops has been; take an element from another game and make a husk of said element, drop it in such an incredibly unpolished state to the point where almost all the community is in an uproar, and then make a few bugfixes and do a some tweaks then promptly forget it exists and repeat the process again. And with whatever the Plains of Duviri are, it seems like the next big thing is going to be along the same lines. It’s almost as though DE themselves don’t want to do Warframe anymore and instead of making another game, they’re cramming whatever project they wanted to do into their cash cow.

I'd say one of the only things Destiny has a trail of stuff like Archwing sitting in the gutter and that they've largely remained focused on the core gameplay experience, for better or worse I suppose

I'd echo a lot of what DeLarge said and also add this; being a freetoplayer in Destiny is a form of second class citizenship. Mercifully they made their older and lower quality expansion packs free, but the cutoff to content is exactly at the expansion pack that is even remotely worth your time; Forsaken. There is no player economy so not only is there no free path to getting the other expansion packs, you can also expect to grind out your ass for the items of yesteryear that have most likely been nerfed to oblivion. Even if you were interested in Forsaken, Bungie's been making colossal fuckup after colossal fuckup and I'd urge you to not encourage them with any kind of purchase.

I do think the gunplay and the enemies are good; better than Warframe I dare say. If you ever want to try it out of morbid curiosity, I'd suggest treating it like a singleplayer game and dropping it as soon as it requires even an modicum over too much of your time.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm surprised Destiny players even have the mental capacity to recognize something sucks and complain about the game, considering that it's just a dumbed down Borderlands, the lowest common denominator: the game, completely devoid of any depth or complexity in any area of the gameplay.

U-8D8

Savant
I'm surprised Destiny players even have the mental capacity to recognize something sucks and complain about the game, considering that it's just a dumbed down Borderlands, the lowest common denominator: the game, completely devoid of any depth or complexity in any area of the gameplay.
ejUVhQX.png

Codex Year of the Donut
ejUVhQX.png

Nothing he said is wrong. Destiny 2 is the core mechanics of what makes online games addictive distilled down to its purest form. All you do is increase a single number, that's basically the entire game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom