Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wargame AirLand Battle

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone has a giftable Wargame: European Escalation? I would need it badly.

So, any one (in Europe hopefully, because time zone) want to try the game and play with a newbie like me? I have a free gift copy of the game in my inventory. :)

The game being Airland, not EE. I'll be on steam in a couple of hours time, I can give it to you if you're on?
Yes I know it's Airland, I wanted EE so it can give me a discount on Airland. But if you have a gift Airland..oh man, I give you a big Codex hug. :love: I will log on to Steam from my work with my phone (cant run steam app from the computer). You can find me in the RPG Codex group as J_C (obviously).

DakaSha

Arcane
how is the skirmish AI? And no, "Play against real people" is not an answer to that question.

T-72 BIs are rapists. And goddamn, czechs and potatoes get some really good IFVs. Coupled with Buratino awesome button it makes it easy as hell to dislodge someone from a town as Pact whereas you need to grind like Kitchener's army as NATO to do the same. Fucking napalm death machine.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.wargame-ab.com/#247

Campaign presentation. Not sure what to think of this. Could be cool for multi but I'd prefer a story-driven campaign for single player. Any thoughts?
Well I don't know. I like this format, it gives space some good strategic gameplay on the world map. And although i like good story driven campaigns, I have a feeling that we would get a boring single player in Airland, just like in EE.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The game has been pushed back to May 31. It's a pitty, but at least the devs have more time to polish up the game.

kris

Arcane
http://www.wargame-ab.com/#247

Campaign presentation. Not sure what to think of this. Could be cool for multi but I'd prefer a story-driven campaign for single player. Any thoughts?

Actually the campaign sold the game to me. I had not heard about even the first of these games before I read this thread, but to be able to defend the honour of Sweden in a dynamic campaign!

I hope the battle maps are at least kind of authentic. I mean I don't expect them to recreate cities I know, but terrain up north (and for most of Norway) should be pretty rough.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
this game will be released tomorrow, Wednesday 29th, at 6 PM (Paris time, GMT+1).

the stupid command star system for deckbuilding has been dropped, you can now freely build your deck from all units, rejoice!

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
B-but my collectible pokemans. Noooooooo!

Can't wait to nuke something in the single player campaign.

kris

Arcane

A question for the gentlemen playing this game: Is the campaign enjoyable?

Just played a bit, my impression was that the campaign was a bit small and short. (there is actually 4 Campaigns, I chose the biggest one)
I think they could have done a lot more with it. It would be neat if you could affect what battle groups you get, among other things.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Just played a bit, my impression was that the campaign was a bit small and short. (there is actually 4 Campaigns, I chose the biggest one)
I think they could have done a lot more with it. It would be neat if you could affect what battle groups you get, among other things.

Not now. Too few points, some useless battlegroups. Patch incoming.

Guess I'll wait a bit then, thanks for the impressions :)

Single Player ain't worth shit. It's the multiplayer that makes this game great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom