Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it seems i chose the right time to play this

88s7pxy4jb4a1.jpg

hallelujah. and they even kind of copied the King Arthur-mechanics for it

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From Steam review: That is a major disappointment. I was actually wondering how they would balance a 5th character, but apparently, they didn't bother to do it at all...
Don't be fooled by the marketing, screenshots and store page: The Dreadnought is locked to certain missions and is essentially a glorified setpiece unit. You're ultimately paying for the second ship and Techmarine.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
From Steam review: That is a major disappointment. I was actually wondering how they would balance a 5th character, but apparently, they didn't bother to do it at all...
Don't be fooled by the marketing, screenshots and store page: The Dreadnought is locked to certain missions and is essentially a glorified setpiece unit. You're ultimately paying for the second ship and Techmarine.
Lol, that sucks. I must admit I got kind of skeptical when I saw the DLC was 15 euros. There's no way they'd sell it at that price if it had a decent amount of content.

I guess the good news is that the free update is actually kind of good/needed. Weird economic strategy to make the global update more worthwhile than the DLC :D

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
The base game is 40% off... What's the kritical konsensus about it? Worth 27 yuro?
Actually, there is no real consensus for this game. So here is my personal opinion on it:
It is the perfect example of a flawed gem, with great design decisions next to stupid ones, with some Denuvo and UI issues sprinkled on top of it.

It follows the nuXCOM formula, but with a few major changes:
You get AP refund whenever you trigger a pod, so you don't need to be as overly cautious as in XCOM 1. There are also a ton of abilities that refund AP (and you get 3 instead of 2). So in a way, it plays a bit like Gears of War Tactics (it even directly lifts the execution mechanics), but with a more developed strategic layer. You can sometimes clear the whole map in a single turn. It results in a more dynamic game, which fits the theme nicely.
The characters depend even more on their abilities than in NuXCOM, because research doesn't do half as much. So the early game is harder than nuXCOM, but the end game is easier. But luck also plays a higher role on the campaign level, as the advanced class and gear you get proposed is randomized.

But the main issue for me was the lack of variety of the maps. You get 3 different missions, and ver few different maps (maybe they are somewhat randomized, but even if they are, they feel super similar), so you experience fatigue mid campaign. I still had good fun with it , but it is a real shame they didn't address the main issues (they added more enemy diversity in the latest patch, and some mission diversity in the DLC, though). I would still recommend it, because the core combat is very satisfying.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The base game is 40% off... What's the kritical konsensus about it? Worth 27 yuro?
Actually, there is no real consensus for this game. So here is my personal opinion on it:
It is the perfect example of a flawed gem, with great design decisions next to stupid ones, with some Denuvo and UI issues sprinkled on top of it.

You get AP refund whenever you trigger a pod, so you don't need to be as overly cautious as in XCOM 1. There are also a ton of abilities that refund AP (and you get 3 instead of 2). So in a way, it plays a bit like Gears of War Tactics (it even directly lifts the execution mechanics), but with a more developed strategic layer. You can sometimes clear the whole map in a single turn. It results in a more dynamic game, which fits the theme nicely.
The characters depend even more on their abilities than in NuXCOM, because research doesn't do half as much. So the early game is harder than nuXCOM, but the end game is easier. But luck also plays a higher role on the campaign level, as the advanced class and gear you get proposed is randomized.

But the main issue for me was the lack of variety of the maps. You get 3 different missions, and ver few different maps (maybe they are somewhat randomized, but even if they are, they feel super similar), so you experience fatigue mid campaign. I still had good fun with it , but it is a real shame they didn't address the main issues (they added more enemy diversity in the latest patch, and some mission diversity in the DLC, though). I would still recommend it, because the core combat is very satisfying.

Actually despite a good effort the incentive to be careful and do boring shit like count distance to next pod is almost as big. This is because they enabled you to get off Aegis shield “for free” if you do it before activating a pod, + the action point reset is much more valuable if all your guys are standing right at that line, as close to the pod as possible.

I find it incredibly annoying tbh

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Agree on there being no consensus, for me it is the best TRPG in recent years.
it would be a bazillion time better with a HuD warning when you are about to trigger a pod.
Regarding Aegis, it raises the warp level, so I seldom use it anyway (and I like my knights getting new implants!).

Regarding the DLC, I gave it a spin:
I like the patch changes a lot, but the DLC has been poorly tested, and is quite frustrating in several areas actually:
- the DN is only available in a few missions (one of 3 of the regular ones, some new special ones, but zero boss battles). Probably because a lot of maps would not let him go through, with his 2*2 size. But it is quite cool otherwise, and pretty versatile.
- the techmarine is quite wimpy, but the worst is that his servitors will happily commit seppuku, by walking through whatever hazardous terrain is there
- you get archeotech, whose sole purpose is improving the Dreadnought and the techmarine, whose main purpose is to make archeotech missions. This makes the DLC feel like a separate sidequest branch.

But to me, the main issue is that the new missions are too cramped, and engaging a pod in melee will very often trigger another one. It is a big shame because melee is what makes the game fun.
So I would wait for them to patch the DLC before getting it.
Agree on there being no consensus, for me it is the best TRPG in recent years.

I checked, and it is the game I played the most in 2022, so I can only recommend it despite its flaws.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer

Actually despite a good effort the incentive to be careful and do boring shit like count distance to next pod is almost as big. This is because they enabled you to get off Aegis shield “for free” if you do it before activating a pod, + the action point reset is much more valuable if all your guys are standing right at that line, as close to the pod as possible.

I find it incredibly annoying tbh
Indeed, it is made all the more stupid because a simple LoS indicator for pod trigger would really have helped with the game decision making, instead of having to count tiles. Same on the star map, where you have to guess the time you'll need to reach a planet going through another one, to know whether you can reach both in time.

You still have to suicide your rookie knights to get the other better through communions, which is inconvenient and immersion breaking.

But I still had a blast replaying it, and with the recent changes, it remained challenging until the end (I played grandmaster legendary), as the enemy density reached insane levels on occasions. But the new classes feel weak:
The dreadnought starts strong, but his skills are mediocre as they don't synergize with anything (he just deals more damage, but gets no free action point of any kind, and cannot get teleported at all), and the Techmarine got even worse than he started, compared to the other (he is still good for no willpower deeds).
Later on, after you can deal with two activated groups, the DLC missions become much less frustrating.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
My TLDR steam review:
Chaos Gate: A compared review
After a few hours of play, I think it is time to review Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters.
For the record, I am a big 40K fanboy, and I loved the original Chaos Gate (OG Chaos Gate from now on).

Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters mixes the tactical gameplay of Gears of war tactics with a strategic layer like in XCOM.
If you have read a few other reviews, you'd probably have come to the conclusion that the game is unforgiving.

Except in theme, the game has very little in common with the original Chaos Gate from SSI. It is further apart than the newer XCOM were from their inspiration. Combat is closer from the new XCOM formula, with enemies "pods" that get triggered when you are in visual range of them.

The game also relies a lot on special abilities (as in XCOM, the performances of your knights are night and day between a fresh one who just graduated from supplicant school.
The immersion is good. I miss the old choir of the original chaos gate, and Nurgle lore is really weirder than Khorne lore, but the game makes a good job of conveying the fact that we are in the 40th Millenium.
However, your Grey Knights will suffer from gameplay/lore mismatch: Their survivability is much lower than you would expect, even when faced with mere cultists, and it is one of the areas where OG Chaos Gate got it right:
A dozen cultists will be a major threat to your squad of 4 knights, to the point you'd rather face 5 Chaos Space Marines, because their standard power armor offers no damage reduction. I was initially annoyed a lot by this fact, but I learnt to live with it. after all, in the original Chaos Gate, you could just ignore every cultist, and every Chaos Space Marine that didn't wield a heavy or special weapon.
I would have preferred a better compromise (like CSM being equipped with anti armor rounds, and a few cultists with special weapons).

This result in the early game being quite brutal. The difficulty has been one of the major complains about the game. But it is actually one of the parts I liked the best. Many complained that it was more unfair than XCOM.
But it took me a lot of campaign retries to survive the early game in both XCOM 1 & 2 at the highest difficulty level(60 or so for XCOM 1, and around 30 for XCOM 2), before cruising to the end game.

Unlike in XCOM 1, I never felt like I had to memorize the maps in Chaos Gate in order to survive in ironman mode. The game difficulty is also front loaded, but not as much as in XCOM.
Overall, I agree that the game is difficult, but I don't think it is unfair at all (I completed it on the highest difficulty level in grandmaster mode), and is comparable to XCOM.

You have a higher chance to love someone in mission, but the game gives you tool to recover from it (your knights can usually survive getting to 0 HP a few times in their career, and if they don't, their spirit can give boons to their brothers later on).

Another issue with difficulty is that the game features a lot of random events whose outcome can be very negative. Unfortunately, it is sometimes pretty hard to make an informed decision without refering to the Steam event guide (or reloading if not playing ironman), which is pretty annoying.
The game also likes hiding information that would be really helpful.
It won't tell you that you need 8 geared and leveled knights to handle the final battle, but it really should for instance.
Surprisingly, there is also quite a lot of randomness for a game that boasts to not have hit chances : the gear you get access to is random, the warp events that give boons to the opponent vary a lot, and there still are many rolls in the game to trigger some abilities, or critical hits, which make a huge difference.

It seems rather negative so far, but I really had a blast with this game. It is actually my game of the year on Steam for 2022, because the combat is really satisfying.

There are quite a few things it does better than XCOM, in my opinion

- You know the location of enemy pods, so you have less surprise triggers (even though it is not as true with the DLC, as some maps get pretty cramped).
- The ability can be really fun to combine, and there are many ways to build your squad, depending on the gear you get.
- As I wrote earlier, having ways to mitigate your losses really helps compared to XCOM
- it focuses a lot more on melee combat, which makes it much more satisfying to use than in XCOM2.
To me, the main weakness of Chaos Gate is the lack of variety, both in maps and enemies. The maps in XCOM felt much more impactful, but here, you end up charging in melee most of the time anyway, so the maps don't make a huge difference.
The game also lacks mission variety: I liked the set battles, even though I usually don't like boss battles in tactical games, but you only have 3 versions of the repeatable missions, which is an issue the game shares with its main inspiration, Gears of Wars: Tactics (but GoW:T had more hand crafted missions).

If you liked the original Chaos Gate
It departs so much from the original game that it is very hard to compare both. It still has a great atmosphere, but it feels much less faithful to the Codex Astartes (not that Grey Knights follow it), and the character count is much lower (4 instead of 15). It is a downgrade, but on the other hand, a good part of your squads were basically cheerleaders, because there was little more they could do with a bolter against CSM armor.
I also preferred fighting over the whole map, than having mini skirmishes with individual pods, like in XCOM 2012.
OG Chaos Gate also had a memorable soudntrack, while the one in CG:Daemonhunter is just serviceable. I still remember some themes from the original, but I would be unable to do so with the new game, despite having freshly spent 200 hours on it.
But the choice of equipment, strategic layer, and customization of each knights really adds a lot for me. I like Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters, but I loved his predecessor, so it is similar to the X-COM vs nuXCOM situation for me.

So overall, I can only recommend this game, but we warned it is pretty unforgiving, and the first playthrough might seem unfair, especially if played ironman without spoilers.
It is my preferred of the tactical or strategic 40K games that have come out in the last 10 years.

Same for the DLC
I agree with most of the points made in the negative reviews:
This DLC makes the beginning harder, and the Dreadnought is not deployable in most missions, which is especially nonsensical (thematically) for the boss fights.

That said, I welcomed the challenge, and completed it on the hardest difficulty level, so it is definitely doable, even though you have even less margin for error.

Now as to the additions themselves, the DLC adds 4:
- The Dreadnought
- The Techmarine
- New missions
- The frigate

The dreadnought
The dreadnought is obviously the focus of the DLC, and the reason it is at mostly negative, because you can seldom deploy it. I don't see it as a huge issue, as there would be a lot of rebalance to do. However, I wish he could take part in the boss battles.
The dreadnought himself is pretty cool, and works a bit differently from your usual marines:
He doesn't benefit from most boons (biomancies, teleportation, AP on execute), and he cannot move and melee attack in the same action, making melee less efficient than for his flesh and blood brothers. But it has a lot of AoE potential with a missile launcher and plasma gun, and a very wide range of possible loadout options.
It also allows you to crush walls, to create opening, which is cool. When it gets disabled for good, you can replace the "pilot" with one of your deceased knights, or order a new one from Grey Knight HQ, which is a nice thematic touch.

I really like the change he adds to mission, and I don't feel that deploying him one third of the time is that big of an issue.
The other dubious design decision was to make repairing him cost a ton of servitors. Just ignore repairs, and consider its baseline stats as the damaged version, and voila. It's not ideal, but it's much better than wasting valuable servitors on repairs that could just last a battle (also, don't let your wounded knights slack of. The best way to recover is by hacking heretics, not staying in your bed).

The techmarine
He too works very differently from the other classes: he is basically managing servitors, who must be equipped before the mission, and who can each do something specific (for 1 action from the techmarine):
- AoE on demand
- support fire
- overwatch
- some other things I didn't use (mostly in melee)
It is pretty cool, but the techmarine feels a bit weak compared to the other marines. He can buff the dreadnought and patch him up in battle, so he definitely shines under these circumstances. He is also one of the best picks for the no willpower deeds, as he almost doesn't need it. One big issue is that his servitors have bad pathfinding and will happily walk into overwatch cones of flames to catch up with him, which is frustrating and diminishes his power over the mission (fortunately, they get replaced for free afterwards).
Overall, I find him pretty fun to play, and I like the fact that he doesn't play like the other classes at all.

The new missions
That is the second reason players complained the most:
The dreadnought missions are definitely harder, and the worst is that you need to play quite a few of them before getting the dreadnought. However, I liked the new "set missions" a lot. They were difficult indeed, but still left room for going in with quite a few different group compositions.
The main issue is the technophage missions themselves, which are just your regular random missions, but with an archeotech loot cache added, and a few more groups.
The issue is that they happen on the same original set of maps, so you can get ridiculous patrol placements, with 3 visible on the same screen, which makes it impossible to engage one in melee without triggering the other two.
That is understandably quite frustrating, and the dreadnought won't help you with his eagerness to collapse walls or AoE obstacles, revealing new enemies in the process.
That can still be managed, but it requires being either extremely careful, and engaging from a long distance with dreadnought and purgators, or just throwing everything you got, and dealing with 2-3 pods at once. But both approaches can work later on. Early on, before you get the dreadnought, it is very tricky, and the fact that you get no UI information on new pod triggering doesn't help. But once you accept that you are supposed to engage multiple pods on these maps, it feels a lot less frustrating. So overall, I liked the new set missions very much, and I can deal with the issues of the cramped random maps.

One thing you can do to mitigate the early difficulty spike is to delay the activation of the DLC until after you complete the first storyline missions that involves some large ship.

[h1]]The frigate[/h1]
It is just an glorified autoresolve. But it lets you use your rank 9 knights do something useful without XP stealing, and adds a small strategic consideration to the map, but it doesn't feel that major either way, and you have more missions happening anyway (3-4 instead of 2-3 before DLC).

So overall, as for the base game, there are a lot of good things in the DLC, brought down by small issues or decisions, preventing it from reaching greatness, but I think it still improves the experience a lot, if you are after an increased challenge.
Overall, I felt that with the DLC, difficulty fell down much later in the campaign than when I was playing the base game, so I would definitely recommend me.

It was for Steam, so I forgot to address the main question: is it a RPG? A bit more than nuXCOM (COYA events), but not by much (you don't even have a main character, despite your second in command explaining that he cannot join the fray because of his background), so it depends on whether you count tactical RPG as RPG.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
My very initial impressions after starting a playthrough is that this game has one of the worst UIs I've seen outside of info-heavy strategy games. It's like someone took modern ui-design sensibilities of minimalist, bland and colorless style, unnecessarily yuge icons covering lots of space while giving little to no info and what not, then tried to actually make it ornate only making it even less readable instead and then sprinkled some unnecessary retardation on top of all that, like the fish lens effect some of the menus have. I mean, I consider myself a veteran of gaming and thus saw some shitty UIs in my time, but when I witnessed the talent trees in this game I was literally confused for like 10 minutes and even now, when I more or less get how it "works", I really don't want to look at them anymore.

It's also sadly yet another WH40K game that completely fails to port the feeling of commanding spehs marines. Terminator armor gets pierced by cultist small arms fire? Come on.

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
UI screams of consoles and mobile games yeah.
but what I think this game lacks the most is a more serious tone overall, be it characters or visual representation. I mean the constant drama happening between missions among the crew members is just not what I would want to experience in muh whammer. There’s some tension throughout the story, but it bears nothing really not even a traitor-plot this time.
Visual style doesn’t add as well: cartoony oversaturated colors, the way mobs move and being presented are all too familiar from thr nuxcom games.
But overall it’s ok-ish game. Could have been better that’s for sure. But could have also been much worse given ‘nowadays’

I would also like to see brothers being more unique, having static names, unique features and/or traits so they would be somewhat distinguishable instead of ‘a paladin guy, a purifier guy, etc’

Yosharian

Arcane
Finally decided to give this a try, bought all the DLC because I make bad decisions in life.

What difficulty should I play on?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Finally decided to give this a try, bought all the DLC because I make bad decisions in life.

What difficulty should I play on?
It depends :)
If you plan to go ironman (grandmaster), I think ruthless or lower. Otherwise, you can play up to legendary.
Some players have complained that the DLC makes the early game too hard, and I think they have a point. You could start with the DLC disabled, and enable it one third into the game (after the first storyline mission).

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm starting with everything lol. I picked Ruthless because I'm not really interested in making research and other stuff slower

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This is one out of very few turn based games I don’t play on max difficulty. Reason being: I simply can’t be assed to use the Shield-before-combat-trick/maximize soldier positioning before pod activation. That mechanic is bafflingly bad, worse than overwatch spam in nu-XCOM. So I play on Normal Ironman and YOLO into pods instead. Much more enjoyable and arguably more difficult

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also if you plan to play Ironman be aware that some DLC fights inexplicably don’t adhere to the rule that you get your AP reset once a fight starts. This can cripple your run if you get unlucky.

lightbane

Arcane
I wish Denuvo was removed already, the game isn't good enough to pay at that price. Also, lol at the gigantic units so large they hide parts of the UI no matter what, kek.

Yosharian

Arcane
I can't believe I almost didn't play this game. It's fucking awesome. Really nails the 40k aesthetic, too, despite the semi-cartoony style.

I am probably gonna make a Steam page for it, it's got some really interesting character building.

Also Ruthless difficulty is perfect. I played the first Dreadnought mission a while ago and it was brutal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some new stuff for Warhammer Skulls:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1611910/view/3718329995189649349

Update XII
Ave Imperator, Force Commanders.

We are delighted to have the Update XII trailer showcased during the Warhammer Skulls Showcase today! In case you missed it, you can discover all the additional content available now for free in Update XII down below.

In the name of the Emperor, you are duty bound to assume your role in the new Bloom Assault mission type and prepare to engage a new enemy in Nurgle’s base and foul army.

Bloom Assault Missions

Vakir’s field agents have collected additional Bloom Seeds and stored them in Sanctified Servitors within an Astra Militarum outpost. This outpost is being relentlessly assaulted by the forces of Nurgle and the Baleful Edict must intervene.

Bloom Assault missions are an alternate Seeding mission type where you will escort a precious cargo of Bloom Seeds, dropping in to save as many as possible while destroying enemy reinforcements. New objectives and Glorious Deeds will provide additional boons if you are successful in protecting this vital research resource. These new missions will become available after completing the “Research the Seed” objective in the Campaign.

0c3f54d9d8ef6dc3a19b74ee94d70aa08aed1b26.jpg

The War Dog Stalker

Furthermore, the Baleful Edict’s Prognosticars have identified a new daemonic presence deploying across the sector. The War Dog Stalker is a deadly threat, with an arsenal of weaponry which can be deployed at any range; their Daemonbreath Spear is a Melta weapon which can quickly vaporise armour at a distance, whilst their Reaper Chaintalon offers both offensive and defensive close-combat capabilities. Despite the War Dog Stalker’s size, Force Commanders should be wary of their mobility on the battlefield and the ferocity with which they hunt their foes.

The War Dog Stalker is the last Technophage Elite unit that you will encounter. They are powerful ranged combatants with single-target and blast weapons, so you will need to get in close and use body part targeting or go for an all-out assault with Armour Break to defeat these vicious foes.

a92bbc0dbd9099cc7a3d524582ff6d216d91da49.jpg

The War Dog Stalker is equipped with the following:

• Daemonbreath Spear:
    a medium-range Melta weapon that deals high single-target damage and vaporizes Armour.
  • Reaper Chaintalon:
    used for offense and defense with a powerful but narrow melee strike and a wide, sweeping Overwatch-like ability (see Sweeping Talon).
  • Havoc Multi-Missile Launcher:
    a weapon that can hit multiple targets in an area.

Abilities:
  • Sweeping Talon:
    an Overwatch-like ability that protects the War Dog Stalker from melee attacks from Power Armoured Units in a specific direction by knocking them away as they enter or act within its range. Can be Disrupted or waded through by the Dreadnought or Terminator Armoured Player Units. Damages all units within range when it triggers.
  • Cover Shot:
    the War Dog Stalker gets a Cover Shot with its Missile Launcher on Ambush.
  • Putrid Carapace:
    protects the War Dog Stalker from Armour Pierce. Using Armour Break is crucial to lower the unit’s Armour and consistently reduce its HP.
  • Destructive Movement
    : as a Large unit, the War Dog Stalker can pass through destructible environments as it moves.

Update XII also contains a swathe of other improvements and fixes, which we list in our patch notes down below:

Update XII Patch Notes

Features

Major

• A new enemy, the War Dog Stalker, joined the forces of Nurgle.
  • A new mission type, Bloom Assault, was added to the mission pool.

Minor

• Added a new system to detect when multiple tutorial tips occur simultaneously in combat. The system will choose and display the most important tutorial tip and save the others for later triggers, reducing missed tutorial tips and confusion.
  • The Unit Info View panel now supports mutation stacking and will correctly display the correct mutation amounts during Warp Surges.

Balance Changes

Warp Surges

• Power of Mutation Warp Surge now happens during missions with the Tentarus strain.
  • Revolting Regeneration Mutation now happens during missions with the Tentarus strain.
  • Added two new Tentarus strain Warp Surges:
  • Generous Effusions - Enemies will explode for 3 turns, buffing nearby allies with +3 HP.
  • Roiling Mutations - All enemies on the map will mutate.

Other

• Increased the number of enemies which spawn on the first part of Nexus on Merciful difficulty.
  • Noxious Blightbringers can now be affected by allies’ beneficial psychic abilities.

Bug Fixes

General

• Fixed an issue for ranged attacks targeting that could allow you to target enemies outside your Line of Sight if they were within range but behind full cover and in the fog.
  • Fixed an issue where Precision Targeting damage previews would not display correctly while using a gamepad.
  • Climbing, vaulting, or running no longer affects map lighting.
  • Grey Knights will no longer destroy cover they are standing on when performing targeted attacks.
  • Fixed an issue that locked the game if a mission expired while the Gladius Frigate was en-route.
  • Fixed several issues that were causing missing SFX.
  • Fixed several issues with incorrect VFX.
  • Added several missing icons.

Ship Menus

• Core mission rewards display more clearly when offering a Grey Knight.
  • Grey Knight portraits will now properly adjust every time you change their armour.

Maps

• Fixed an issue that would allow Knights to walk inside some objects on Reaper maps.
  • Cleared up sections of maps where Terminators or Venerable Dreadnoughts could get stuck.
  • Fixed an area on the Industrial Chasm Growing map that caused cursors to stick when switching between controllers and keyboards.
  • Fixed bridges that caused 2x2 units to destroy the bridge and die when crossing.
  • Fixed areas where the camera zoomed in too closely.
  • Grey Knights can no longer climb up empty air to a bridge on the Dense Alley Echoes map.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented an Archeotech Cache opening correctly on the Industrial Chasm Winter Growing map.
  • Fixed an issue that caused HP bars to disappear temporarily during Flowering missions.
  • Updated several visual and lighting issues on several maps.

Grey Knights and Story Characters

• First Strike now triggers as often as it should.
  • Teleport and Teleport Strike no longer consider changes in height when calculating distance.
  • Defend Position now works correctly on large enemies and bosses.
  • Servitors no longer spawn on top of each other when you have multiple Techmarines with multiple Servitors teleporting down to the same map.
  • If stepping out to Overwatch reveals an enemy squad, Grey Knights will no longer be able to set two Overwatches at the same time.
  • Smite now correctly displays that it will trigger Heed the Challenge when used on Cruciatus.
  • Fixed several issues that were caused incorrect barks to play.
  • Adjusted the Grey Knight stand-up animation after being knocked back while behind cover.
  • Castellan Crowe’s barks is now closer in volume to other characters.

Equipment

• Apostate’s Woe now deals the correct damage when used during Precision Targeting.
  • Grey Knights will no longer deal double damage with Force Strike while wearing Mantle of the Elect and using Pale or Warpbringer.

Enemies
  • Fixed an animation issue that affected several enemies when shooting up or down.
  • Adjusted the timing of some enemy barks to ensure they happen correctly.
  • Fixed a visual issue with the Noxious Blightbringer ranged attack animation.
  • Fixed a Toast related issue with Noxious Blightbringer’s psychic immunities.
  • The VFX for Toxic Malady will no longer play on a Lord of Virulence’s fist if it has been cut off.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Boltgun Plague Marines to face away from their Overwatch cones.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed the Shredding Blades target point on the Fleshmower to be repeated.
  • Choosing Destabilize in Precision Targeting for the Fleshmower or Foetid Bloat Drone will no longer award the Friendly Fire achievement if it kills an enemy.
  • The description for Nurgle’s Gift will now be viewable in the Info View panel for the Plagueridden.
  • Reveal VFXs for Apostate Preachers will no longer be unlinked from the unit.
  • Fixed an issue with the Cultist Overwatch animation.

Bosses

• Imprisoned units will no longer teleport if freed.
  • Disrupting Imprison will no longer cause animations to become stuck.
  • Grey Knights can no longer move over, through, or on imprisoned targets.
  • Improved the VFXs on Munificus.

Tutorials

• Fixed an issue that caused two Seed Carrier tutorials to appear at the same time.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Recon tutorial tip from playing in Koramar if players grenaded their own Grey Knight off the initial starting platform.
  • The First Stratagem tutorial tip will no longer cause issues with switching your Knights in the teleportarium before a Flowering mission.

Other

• Fixed an issue that caused unintended SFX at the beginning of the Kadex Defeated cutscene.
  • Leaving and entering the victory screen for the Gladius Frigate will no longer count multiple times for the Strategic Command Achievement.
  • Updated some tooltips in localised versions for clarity.

Performance Improvements
  • Improved performance when moving on the Cruciatus map.
  • Improved performance when collecting Bloomspawn Spores.
  • Improved performance of the Dreadnought’s Smoke Grenade and Prometheum Flames.
  • Reduced lag when interacting with melee objects while being hit by a rear strike.

We trust that the Prognosticars’ intel has prepared you for the Bloom Assault Missions and War Dog Stalker units arriving in Update XII alongside the myriad of other improvements.

Follow Warhammer 40,000®: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, or visit www.chaosgate.com for the latest information.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom