Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

gooseman

Educated
Well, most coop shooters are different enough to not be compared to L4D2 (a comparison they'll likely always lose). I liked DRG and Payday 2. But Vermintide 2 was bugging me, it was practically an L4D2 clone, most of the design is very similar, but none of the gameplay "clicked", like it does in L4D2. There was something missing. Balancing? Better designed maps? AI? Sound? I don't know. I vaguely remember enjoying VT1 more, but I haven't played it since 2018.

VT2 unfortunately takes quite a while to get going because its only on higher difficulties where elites and specials are prevalent enough to make the gameplay feel different from a very casual shooter, and those are locked behind grinding character levels/equipment power. But Darktide is just as bad if not worse on this front.

Harthwain

Magister
There was something missing. Balancing? Better designed maps? AI? Sound? I don't know. I vaguely remember enjoying VT1 more, but I haven't played it since 2018.
For me the defining moment in Vermintide 2 was which perks to get for each class. Without the game wasn't nearly as fun.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It's still extremely fun despite it's flaws. You can fault Fatshark for a lot of things but the combat is still it's strong point. The patches have been hit or miss for me but the one that revamped the class trees was good. Still surprised they haven't added a new class yet.

gooseman

Educated
What about networking? Lag? Desyncs? Disconnects? Unavailable servers? Queue times? Is this another one of those always online games that they can just flip a switch and kill overnight with no hope of it ever being playable again? Especially since there isn't even a singleplayer mode. Maybe mods could fix it, idk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom