Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

kain30

Cipher
no one here likes total war: warhammer?? I think it´s an awesome game

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well, this game has never looked like much but... wow. Way to fall short of the lowest possible expectations, Neocore.

Obviously, I wouldn't pay to playtest an always-online piece of crap but I watched a letsplay. Throwbacks to VH are numerous, yet it's still hard to believe the same team developed this. At least VH was a somewhat decent D2 clone. Martyr is worse than D3 - a dubious achievement. Apart from a few art pieces on the loading screens, everything looks cheap, dull and tired. There's zero drama and even the voiceover of the plot conversations sounds zombie-like. It should've been called WH40K: Nobody Cares. How can you make something so weak if you have any kind of previous experience?

All in all, I can summarize Martyr in one word: BORING. And this comes from somebody who spent countless hours on various ARPGs from Diablo to Borderlands.

Citizen

no one here likes total war: warhammer?? I think it´s an awesome game

Yeah
8yb7Xr.png

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was watching the lets play movie too and it was better than Ultramarines Movie at-least. Dialogues were suitably cheesy and setting grim dark, the whack-amole play fun enough once the player stopped to use weak shotguns and went with warhmammer and great power sword. So yeah he could go with Crusader from the start. Would rent if from Corsairs' Harbor to try it myself if it was not always online crap.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Quality DLCs:

Inexplicable violence has broken out amongst Imperial subjects, who began to act like possessed madmen. Is this a Chaos ploy? A Xenos interference? Or perhaps a Warp phenomenon? Either way, this is a matter for the Inquisition.

This DLC contains a special Priority Assignment. An investigation consists of a short story and a series of new missions. Upon completing the Assignment you will be rewarded with a unique artifact. (Please note that this assignment is only available after unlocking the Triglav Subsector.)

No Inquisitor’s arsenal can be complete without the ability to root out heresy with withering contempt.

This DLC contains a special emote animation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More:

The spread of Warp-tainted drugs has been reported amongst the populace, with potentially grave consequences for the stability of the affected region. The threat level is still debatable, but the Imperium cannot take risks on matters like this.

This DLC contains a special Priority Assignment. An investigation consists of a short story and a series of new missions. Upon completing the Assignment you will be rewarded with a unique Inoculator Material. ( Please note that this assignment is only available after unlocking the Triglav Subsector.)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More micro DLCs.

Cute Monotask Servo-skull pet!:

ss_a46c7cdab8c7c0475626703d091cd9dcbe62a946.600x338.jpg

An Inquisitor is required to keep track of immense amounts of facts and data. It is therefore common that they use logic-engine equipped servo-skulls for such tasks.

This DLC contains a new pet: Monotask Servo-skull.

And some content thing at least?:

Enter the City of Suffering where the Drukhari hunt their human prey on a larger scale. Hinder the Xenos plans, take down as many Pain Catalysts as you can and make them pay for every Imperial citizen they steal.

This DLC contains the world Myrkon as a Starmap location, home to a brand new game mode that comes with its own leaderboard. You can find Myrkon in the Malcorum system in the Triglav Subsector. (Please note that this Starmap location is only available after unlocking the Triglav Subsector.)

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
According to the steam forums it's just some endless map or something.

And the game's pretty dead in general, huh...

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
One of the bigger disappointments of the year for me.

Atmospheric enough, but the gameplay is just so shit it boggles the mind. They learned nothing from Van Helsing's horrible itemization and pacing. Putting all skills on items was an insane decision that makes character development a matter of collecting 1.5% increases to damage/crit/resistances/speed etc (and therefore completely invisible to the naked eye). The only real sense of increasing power comes from getting lucky with weapon rolls.

VHII remains their best effort, sadly.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
It gets better: I didn't get far enough into the game to see if there are legendaries with unique skills (I doubt it), but every item type has the same skills. So all chainswords share a skillset. As do all lasguns. Regardless of quality/modifiers/rarity.

Basically, depending on your playstyle, you might be using the same four skills the entire game. Their effects do not change, aside from growing numbers through increasing item level.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
a matter of collecting 1.5% increases to damage/crit/resistances/speed etc (and therefore completely invisible to the naked eye).
holy crap never seen something like that since Space Siege... anyone remember that game? You know, from Chris Taylor, where you could replace all your body parts with cybernetic implants and get whooping 1-2% bonus to stats?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
a matter of collecting 1.5% increases to damage/crit/resistances/speed etc (and therefore completely invisible to the naked eye).
holy crap never seen something like that since Space Siege... anyone remember that game? You know, from Chris Taylor, where you could replace all your body parts with cybernetic implants and get whooping 1-2% bonus to stats?
Yeah, played through all of it for some reason. And that is all I remember about it haha

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More micro DLCs.

Footprint DLC:

Distinguish yourself by leaving sizzling, corrosive footprints on the ground, marking the pathway of the vengeful agent of the Inquisition.

Free baby angel pet:

The Grieving Cherub is a bio-sculpted, flying homonculus created to assist Inquisitors. They have been intentionally sculpted by the Adeptus Mechanicus to symbolise the angels from the ancient Terran myths and they represent purity in the eyes of the Emperor: the perfect companion for those who are doing the Emperor's holy work in the Caligari Sector.

This DLC contains a new Cherub pet.

And a couple of mission DLCs:

frajaq

Erudite
the devs are taking all the wrong cues from Path of Exile, this is hilarious

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hard to believe this developer vreated the great King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame. Are they still following the formula of releasing DLC for buggy games? If anything like King Arthur 2 they wont even patch the bugs.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
With the low player count, I don't think the DLC sell all that well. I hope that the next season will bring some improvements.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More micro DLCs.

Footprint DLC:

Distinguish yourself by leaving sizzling, corrosive footprints on the ground, marking the pathway of the vengeful agent of the Inquisition.

They should have just made a drop-down monocled upgrade to the inquisitor's eyeware implant that emits a black light.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So is it at least an OK game now? I'm always sad to see those goddamn nice WH 40K aesthetics go waste in this kind of subpar games...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom