Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus II - now with playable Necrons

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just about to make a thread about this. Very cool and the necrons seem to be playable now too.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nice! I spent much more time than I should have on the first game. It was very good but the last third got exremely repetetive, I hope they work on that as well as the overall balance / difficulty curve.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The biggest balance problem with the first game is how you can stack augments. Even if you turned on the limitation per tech-priest, equipping multiple tech-priests with the same op augments was still op.

Hydro

Educated
First one had good atmosphere, I’d say on par with the Chaos Gate, but I never found the gameplay nor the setting particularly appealing. Shame it’s not them reviving the Chaos Gate though.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I personally don't find fighting Necrons all that interesting, but the first game was better than I expected.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah I would prefer Mechanicus operation in a hive, with gangs, orcs, genestealers, mutants and other wild trash. Or even better - a space hulk, cleanins various parts inhabited by various aliens

lightbane

Arcane
So, I suppose the planet wasn't destroyed in the first game then, which means either the neutral ending or the Xenarite ending is canon.

Techpriests' gear being OP is canon IMO. They have toys that leave Space Marines to shame.

Hopefully it's not as repetitive and arbitrary.

ind33d

Learned
mechanicus was great, probably a killer app for the Steam Deck too

but yes they should have gone with an underdog faction like a Tau splinter cell, even two tech priests are like a human steamroller

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. Weird to have AdMech vs Necrons again when you could fight Dark Admech/chaos, ork mekboyz or literally anything else, but whatever, the first one was good. Maybe they should work on balance and difficulty curve more this time around.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
First one had good atmosphere, I’d say on par with the Chaos Gate, but I never found the gameplay nor the setting particularly appealing. Shame it’s not them reviving the Chaos Gate though.

Kindda boggles my mind if Mechanicus did better than Chaos Gate. For all its flaws, I liked the latter much better.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Necrons are probably the lamest faction for me in WH40K, I don't see the appeal at all. Would have been nice to see a different enemy faction but I guess they go for the tried and tested. Also the whole "dungeon raiding" concept makes most sense in the context of Necron tomb worlds I guess.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mechanicus had much better atmosphere than Chaos Gate, but Chaos Gate actually posed some challenge, so I'm glad they aren't taking over! Actually, the lack of Chaos Gate news makes me a bit pessimistic about the state of Complex Games (they got bought by Frontier Developments shortly before the wave of layoffs started...).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mechanicus had much better atmosphere than Chaos Gate, but Chaos Gate actually posed some challenge, so I'm glad they aren't taking over! Actually, the lack of Chaos Gate news makes me a bit pessimistic about the state of Complex Games (they got bought by Frontier Developments shortly before the wave of layoffs started...).

The support for the game was also very weird. Sure, it got two DLCs and the latter was actually decent, but it didn't have the patch cycle or support of most modern games and the DLC's were basically just "oh btw here's some stuff." It also has very, very little YouTube-content - content for the DLCs is basically non-existant.

Very odd for something as rare as a decent game in the 40K universe.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Necrons are usually not cool at all, but the portrayal in the trailer has promise imo (it is neither the boran of soulless killers like dawn of war, or the total over the topness of newcrons). Not entirely sure it will be good, since first game had some pretty serious issues and the scope is a lot bigger with two playable races.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Necrons are usually not cool at all, but the portrayal in the trailer has promise imo (it is neither the boran of soulless killers like dawn of war, or the total over the topness of newcrons). Not entirely sure it will be good, since first game had some pretty serious issues and the scope is a lot bigger with two playable races.

Wasn't The Infinite and the Divine kind of good?

k0syak

Cipher

Kindda boggles my mind if Mechanicus did better than Chaos Gate. For all its flaws, I liked the latter much better.
Twitch streamers playing on hardcore ironman and getting their rectums ravaged.

ind33d

Learned
Nice. Weird to have AdMech vs Necrons again when you could fight Dark Admech/chaos, ork mekboyz or literally anything else, but whatever, the first one was good. Maybe they should work on balance and difficulty curve more this time around.
if they wanted to save money on music and assets they should have just made the player the Necrons and the villains the Admech

a Necron XCOM where you are the invading force instead of the survivors is way more interesting than just another dungeon crawler

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom