Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I see we've reached the stage of the thread where people come in and go "Owlcat game buggy?! Why game buggy????"

std::namespace

this game doesnt have enough loading screens!
holy fucking shit, getting from end of ch3 to even the start of ch4 felt like 2 hours of wasted time
this shit is unplayable
ctrl-killall for 3/4 of fights on eufranus
and ch5 is worse?...

J8LKTgr.png

if only!

notpl

Arbiter
This is the third time this happened, why are you surprised?
Wrath was if anything too long on release, and Kingmaker's last two chapters were not unfinished, they were simply bad. There is absolutely no comparison to be made between this abortion and their previous two games.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished in 77 hours as a full dogmatic character. Eventhough I always chosen dogmatic choices I wasn't able to reach the 5th tier...
Did everything I could, except Idira, Yrliet and Marazhai's quests because I killed them when I got the choice. Ulfar got disappeared at act V during his quest and didn't come even I rescued him via dialogue and skill checks. He was even absend in ending slides.
Game could easly end after act 3. Nothing really happens in act 4 besides compaion quests and act 5 is insultingly short. Also the story didn't make very sense in the end. Also I somewhat achived "the secret ending", I thought it was just a standart quest?

kangaxx

Arbiter
this game doesnt have enough loading screens!
holy fucking shit, getting from end of ch3 to even the start of ch4 felt like 2 hours of wasted time
this shit is unplayable
ctrl-killall for 3/4 of fights on eufranus
and ch5 is worse?...

J8LKTgr.png

if only!
The loading screens were atrocious in PKM and WOTR as well. Really bad from memory, and progressively took longer the further you got into the game.

the loading screens are obscene... i cant even bring myself to test out the 2 heretic paths
i submitted to the bird for first easy way out and now i dont even wanna think about going back and doing all the reloading
its such atrocious owlscat garbage

-edit-
oh im clikcing on planets agains and waiting like an imbecile! ^^ after a big finale vs the big bird - such pacing! much wow!
having played owlscats cuckmaker i knew that the devs are morons but holy shit, incapable of learning at all

omfg i wanna strangle some owlscats...
i jumped all over the fucking shittier necron planets in search of final boss
BUT I NEEDED A FUCKING TRIGGER IN TEH FRIST SYSTEM THAT I IGNORED BECAUSE IM CLOSE TO VOMITING!
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

doooooooooooone
1/5 sharts, only for the great art/sfx and fun first chapter
rest of it is moronic garbage
heretic path doesnt matter to the plot, its just combat buffs - and its the only reason i played the game and finished it... otherwise this is a 0 like cuckmaker
R1fNbFn.jpeg

cut ship combat
cut """warp""" exploration
cut colony shit
cut single location maps and make instead something resembling a dungeon
cut draganus
cut 1/3 of combat
cut the loot and gear mountains and the """shops"""
add more loading screens
write something resembling a story
...maybe fix combat...

its incredible that one company can be so utterly incompetent 3 huge games in a row
someone is buying this shit too

Mauman

Scholar
If this game was true to WH40k setting and lore only companions who would be not boltered or put onto air lock would be Argenta, Ulfar, Pascal,
Xavier has reason enough to kill all three.
Argenta - Executing Theodora was simply not something she would've gotten to walk away from regardless of the evidence, there's a reason she hid it.
Ulfar - Too dangerous of a loose end to let live, as his ending slides demonstrate.
Pasqal - Xavier is actively hunting down Amarnat's personalities, Pasqal lives solely due to his ignorance.

Meanwhile Heinrix is just doing his job and Idira would be packed into a Black Ship either to get sanctioned or be fuel for the Throne/Astronomican.
Uh....I won't bother debating about the other two, but Argenta
from an Imperial standpoint totally had the right to kill Theodora as she was abusing fucking chaos artifacts

That's NOT something you let go if you're in the SoB or any other Empire based organization.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
from an Imperial standpoint totally had the right to kill Theodora as she was abusing fucking chaos artifacts

That's NOT something you let go if you're in the SoB or any other Empire based organization.
Theodora was under Xavier's protection. Argenta interfered with Inquisitorial matters well above her station, that's a Blam! for her.

Mauman

Scholar

Theodora was under Xavier's protection. Argenta interfered with Inquisitorial matters well above her station, that's a Blam! for her.
Xavier
is a fucking Xenos Hybris heretic.
I really don't give two shits what he thinks.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Xavier
is a fucking Xenos Hybris heretic
. I really don't give two shits what he thinks.
And? He's a Lord Inquisitor, acting with the support of his fellow Radicals. The "Imperial Standpoint" is basically whatever he says it is unless the geezers on Terra have something to say about it (They don't).

ArchAngel

Arcane
doooooooooooone
1/5 sharts, only for the great art/sfx and fun first chapter
rest of it is moronic garbage
heretic path doesnt matter to the plot, its just combat buffs - and its the only reason i played the game and finished it... otherwise this is a 0 like cuckmaker
R1fNbFn.jpeg

cut ship combat
cut """warp""" exploration
cut colony shit
cut single location maps and make instead something resembling a dungeon
cut draganus
cut 1/3 of combat
cut the loot and gear mountains and the """shops"""
add more loading screens
write something resembling a story
...maybe fix combat...

its incredible that one company can be so utterly incompetent 3 huge games in a row
someone is buying this shit too
Only cuck here is you playing 3rd game from same people that made two games you also hated. Don't you have any self respect?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Cut 40% of your content, it's pure bloat.

Cut 40% of the content to refine the other 60% and Rogue Trader ends up being a fun game.

Imagine Chapter 2 with proper ship combat and colony development, two extra Xeno races (or even three, maybe we can get Genestealer cults in there too) with their own series of missions/quests. Just imagine.

Instead we got Chapter 3/4/5.

It was pretty random, out of nowhere...

Owlcat forgot they weren't developing Pathfinder anymore and in the midst of alcohol-fueled confusion decided to randomly put Pathfinder-tier "now you fight something deep and existential" and it completely falls flat because it has no buildup, no rhyme or reason or whatever, it's just random. It's even put in the middle of Necron ruins because they probably wanted to put it somewhere but they had no idea where to put it as they cut everything so they dump it in a random room.

Also, what's the Nomos ending? Apparently there's a secret ending with him, but despite interacting with the fella massively and (I presume) exhausting all the options he disappeared from my endings. Probably bugs (everything in this game is bugs), but I'm curious what would have happened with a Dogmatic Nomos.

Aarwolf

Learned
Everything can be solved with a civilized conversation

Everything can and should be solved with the bolter.

Finished in 77 hours as a full dogmatic character. Eventhough I always chosen dogmatic choices I wasn't able to reach the 5th tier...

It's fucked up, you can never reach 5th tier, and 4th is problematic if you ever stray from chosen path.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Everything can be solved with a civilized conversation

Everything can and should be solved with the bolter.

It's fucked up, you can never reach 5th tier, and 4th is problematic if you ever stray from chosen path.
I didn't even stray from dogmatic and I could not reach 4th tier lol.
My mistake was letting Argenta shoot Indira in first option where you get no or tiny amount of points instead of letting Heinrix take her away. Also I shot Yrliet and Marzipan instead of taking them and then giving them to Heinrix.. bullshit system.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, what's the Nomos ending? Apparently there's a secret ending with him, but despite interacting with the fella massively and (I presume) exhausting all the options he disappeared from my endings. Probably bugs (everything in this game is bugs), but I'm curious what would have happened with a Dogmatic Nomos.

I got Dogmatic Nomos ending

I showed the truest way, way of the Emperor. Then some nutjob tech priest wanted to examine Nomos and after this Nomos started to use servitors as "proxies". Just before the last mission Nomos and nutjob came to me and told me that they need to help me in this quest but only way to do that, Nomos must "snatch" that tech priest. I allowed for the lulz, he "helped" me in last battle and at last I was able to choose the dialogue that allows Nomos to assimilate C'tan in some way and use its body.

So with my new little pet, my dogmatic Rogue Trader claimed full control of the expanse, annihilating heretics and planets (especially Necron tomb worlds since C'tan is still influencing Nomos in some ways.) It was kinda glorious and even Imperium started to fear me according to ending slides.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I got Dogmatic Nomos ending

I showed the truest way, way of the Emperor. Then some nutjob tech priest wanted to examine Nomos and after this Nomos started to use servitors as "proxies". Just before the last mission Nomos and nutjob came to me and told me that they need to help me in this quest but only way to do that, Nomos must "snatch" that tech priest. I allowed for the lulz, he "helped" me in last battle and at last I was able to choose the dialogue that allows Nomos to assimilate C'tan in some way and use its body.

So with my new little pet, my dogmatic Rogue Trader claimed full control of the expanse, annihilating heretics and planets (especially Necron tomb worlds since C'tan is still influencing Nomos in some ways.) It was kinda glorious and even Imperium started to fear me according to ending slides.
I did the same and that shit was just Nomos ending slide. Then others start that rain a lot of shit on the sector and Nomos is ignored there like it does not exist.. Owlbug design..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Don't worry guys I'm sure Owlcat will fix the game in the Enhanced Edition

:troll:
IMO if they can this can become best of their 3 games.. but there are 100s of problems to fix beyond just bugs..
Maybe by summer this can play as a real polished game (I said few months first but they are not dedicating enough resources on fixing, it is clear they pulled a bunch of team on to next game or DLC or wherever).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom