Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can get ancient plasma rifle early in act 4 if you got the rep with the Explorators. It uses INT for extra damage which is probably another bug, because it is using full INT, instead of INT bonuses like other abilities or items.
I crited over 1K with my Pasqal with it.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Pascal is easily the most single damaging character in the game with the Ancient Plasma rifle, Ulfar can't even come close.

For me, damage wise it's Pascal > Cassia = Argenta > Yrliet > Ulfar > My main (due to dual plasma pistol) > Abelard.
Out of curiosity, how can you use bounty hunter's ultimate on Pasqual? Only the melee option appears, which doesn't work half the time anyway.
Currently bugged, the only way to use it is to remove the melee weapon.

They need to make it so that Pascal have 3 arms, not 2.
Only for 1 turn when he gets the heroic from Cassia. And that is abuse that will get fixed at some point.
With same Heroic Ulfar does 100+ damage with a chain sword per attack with 100% hit chance and always crits.
And damage goes up and up as critical damage goes up.
Pascal with the Ancient Plasma rilfe can do about 400-800HP/hit, and with Finest Hours, he can do it 11 times.
The only one who come close is Cassia herself with Held in my gaze and Chain of Dominion item, and Argenta with Heavy Bolter with all the rate of fire boosting item, again both with Finest Hours.

He, Cassia and Argenta are my best boi and girls in the game!
How? Did you respec him from operative into some other class? Also where is this Plasma Rifle? Act 5? I do not care for weapons that you use for last 5% of the game.
Its a reward from explorators, like lvl 22 reputation or smt near that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can get ancient plasma rifle early in act 4 if you got the rep with the Explorators. It uses INT for extra damage which is probably another bug, because it is using full INT, instead of INT bonuses like other abilities or items.
I crited over 1K with my Pasqal with it.
Ok, so another abuse. So Ulfar is still better than Pasqal .

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Which Ulfar? The one in my team or the one waiting in the bridge? Still can't decide which one is the Tzeentch imposter but I'm getting close!

Edit: Shit man, got a similar bug in Kingmaker back then with Amiri. I think my record was 4 Amiris with 5th one died near that boar in her quest.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
quality.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CAn someone mark me in this thread when a mod that fixes psyker powers comes? I really wanna to play this game, meanwhile, I'm playing DDO.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Holy shit people were right when they said Ulfar is annoying as fuck to use. The fat fuck can't even get across the bridge here!

Can't use stairs, can't move from places in turn based otherwise he can and uses his bolter to attack after a charge or he won't attack at all!
His voice is superb and really liking his reactions with my dogmatic commissar but he is forever benched in the ship sadly. With his doppelganger...

Last edited:

proxon

Educated
Yeah, he is buggy as shit. The only things he is good for are athletic checks and being a meat shield for your party in the first round.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Holy shit people were right when they said Ulfar is annoying as fuck to use. The fat fuck can't even get across the bridge here!

Can't use stairs, can't move from places in turn based otherwise he can and uses his bolter to attack after a charge or he won't attack at all!
His voice is superb and really liking his reactions with my dogmatic commissar but he is forever benched in the ship sadly. With his doppelganger...
You are missing out on a fun character. He can tank as good as Abelard and he can dish much more damage. When Burst fire takes him down, he is then full cover for your guys and enemies tend to still shoot at him even when he is down (CSM in fight yesterday kept using his flamethrower on him :D) so he tanks better than anyone :D
Combining melee and ranged is fun as well as he does not lose MP when he attacks so he is ultimate mobile unit. There are also some good combos at high levels like Exemplar talent that let him reduce enemy armor with his melee attack equal to his Strength bonus. So what I do to gather his versatility stacks is start with Powerful kick, then move one square out to do Burst with Heavy Stubber, then do melee with sword and then again move one square out to Burst+Rapid Shot with Heavy Stubber. If I am against high dodge people then Powerful Kick, AoE Melee, then single melee, then Plasma Pistol AoE with Concentrated Shot.
And if you want to and go enough AP you can first do two attacks with melee and single shot as he has dual weapon wielding so you can get one more stack of Versatility.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
He is good and fun to use but he is just helluva buggy.
Most of the time I used his charge ability he just charges to enemy and stops.
Not that I really need him when Cassia and Argenta clears the room easly but after that ladder stucking I just cant risk getting him to missions.

REhorror

Educated
Managed to max out 3 "Good" stores, get all the power armors and cool stuff.
Anyone see this fan made video?

this gives me a bit hype at Henry Cavill 's project.

Yep, love me more Sister content.

And nah, that doesn't have anything to do with the Amazon show.

ArchAngel

Arcane
He is good and fun to use but he is just helluva buggy.
Most of the time I used his charge ability he just charges to enemy and stops.
Not that I really need him when Cassia and Argenta clears the room easly but after that ladder stucking I just cant risk getting him to missions.
I just do not use his charge. I gave him +2 movement talent and between run and Gun and Reckless talent that gives more MP he can move more than anyone else. You use that 2 AP that Charge costs to do second attack with use of this Dual weapon wielding talent.

ArchAngel

Arcane

well its clear from an airplane that its AI

and secondly the storyboarding/screenplay is nonexistent, literally 0

looks absolutely soulless

It says in description it is AI made. I agree about other stuff. But imagine what AI will be able to do in 10 years or 20..

I would love a show based around SoB chapter.

Mortmal

Arcane

well its clear from an airplane that its AI

and secondly the storyboarding/screenplay is nonexistent, literally 0

looks absolutely soulless

All true but still pretty good renders; imagine in a few years, the AI mastering tabletop RPGs and producing those pictures in real-time.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, CSMs in various fights have some charge ability that breaks through cover and attacks multiple targets along the way.. why didn't Ulfar get this ability Owlcat_Eyler ?
That would solve his cannot move through cover issues..

Rhobar121

Scholar
Actually, the regular charge, according to the description, should also attack everything along the way, but something doesn't work (suprise)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom