Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Cassia buffed, deals about 50%+ more dmg
no respite still giving free +100 stats
UvPC18p.jpg

blood augury balanced

fucking clown game

The amount of damage modifiers and stat bloat makes me think this is built like some kind of idle JRPG game.

How many patches before we start breaking into 1 million+ damage?

Rhobar121

Scholar
UvPC18p.jpg

blood augury balanced

fucking clown game

The amount of damage modifiers and stat bloat makes me think this is built like some kind of idle JRPG game.

There is no press the advantages, which would probably be another few hundred %.

Shaki

Arbiter
UvPC18p.jpg

blood augury balanced

fucking clown game

Tbh, 90% of this bloat atm comes purely from bugs, so it will get a little better at some point, even before the actual balance patches.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It seems to work before the patch I didn't even have rank 3.
qQlbRke.png

They changed from +3 to +4

std::namespace

• Opticon-22 will no longer slowly walk back and forth multiple times during the cutscene;
y? i enjoyed watching him crawl so much
just like moving from draganus to kiava took me what felt like more time than all of ch1

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This makes me miss "Add 2d6 to damage when attacking from behind" but knowing Owlcat they'd turn into 20d60 by accident

Rhobar121

Scholar
Can someone explain to me why this is supposedly blocked behind Iconoclast? This makes absolutely no sense.
QMmDkWE.png

jungl

Augur
The damage modifiers do indeed give the game that indie rpgmaker vibe by act 2. The player ate too many stat up upgrades items and now all the combat content is all trivialized. I think owlcat is scared of making the player character weak cause their previous pathfinder games and most crpg games in general pandering to players wanting to be op. Surprise this genre is for casuals.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just started Chapter 1, so far, so good, 10/10. But I bet my score will gradually lower as I progress in the game, and I'll end up raging, foaming at the mouth before the end, like any other Owlcat game. One worrying thing I noticed are the temperature spikes on the GPU. Vsync is not on by default; 400fps might kill it. Then I noticed you need to put FSR on, remove SSR and HBAO to keep manageable temps, else it's overheating more than Cyberpunk 2077 on heavy load.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I picked Overpower talent with Argenta and then figured out that it also works with non heavy weapons.. of course..
And Ulfar cannot use one handed bolter pistol in melee range. Why? Because fuck you! Typical Owlcat

Trithne

Erudite
This makes me miss "Add 2d6 to damage when attacking from behind" but knowing Owlcat they'd turn into 20d60 by accident

20d60, but only if attacking from behind, in melee, on your third attack of the round and it's the first time you attacked that target this combat. Also you get 2 stacks of arsebugger which you can consume to double your shooting accuracy on targets more than 20 feet away from with a visible arsecheek.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
UvPC18p.jpg

blood augury balanced

fucking clown game

Tbh, 90% of this bloat atm comes purely from bugs

Owlcats subsystems are bloat, they ruin every game with it

REhorror

Educated
Just tried doing the Deadly line yesterday, meet a bunch of daemons, no CSM or Dark Eldar yet.

ReforgedSoul

Novice
I was having a lot of fun but the game breaking bugs are ruining it for me. I've been giving extra characters in ACT III to try and escape but I can't do anything with 2 characters, nor can I end their turn. Is anyone else having this issue after patch 1.0.88?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did some testing, they have fixed the inspire bug, single target attack can benefit from inspire now. So the damage output of bounty hunter and assassin(or any class that relys on single target attack) is greatly improved.

Verstility are stil bugged for single attack, so a single shot from bursting fire still did way more damage than the single target fire.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
Did some testing, they have fixed the inspire bug, single target attack can benefit from inspire now. So the damage output of bounty hunter and assassin is greatly improved.

Verstility are stil bugged for single attack, so a single shot from bursting fire still did way more damage than the single target fire.
Great now I can give Cassia that.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I guess I'll try play a psyker bounty hunter and wait them to finally fix the fucking verstility bug.

I like play as arch militant, running around the combat zone and use melee and pistol is fun. But I don't like bursting fire because it's fuckying OP and destory the game.

REhorror

Educated
I guess I'll try play a psyker bounty hunter and wait them to finally fix the fucking verstility bug.

I like play as arch militant, running around the combat zone and use melee and pistol is fun. But I don't like bursting fire because it's fuckying OP and destory the game.
I like staying in one place but burst fire everything to death.

ReforgedSoul

Novice
I was having a lot of fun but the game breaking bugs are ruining it for me. I've been giving extra characters in ACT III to try and escape but I can't do anything with 2 characters, nor can I end their turn. Is anyone else having this issue after patch 1.0.88?
I tried switching out partners with Yrliet. I knocked out Agatha but now Abelard isn't controllable. I was hoping that a issue known since December 16 would be fixed by now but I guess not.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I like burst fire because the bolter sounds good.

I might return to 40k: Dark Tide just because it has the best bolter sounds in vidya.

Very similar to the ASTARTES animation, you fire it and it just splatters whatever's in front of you. Like someone made a truck into a gun.

But they probably rebalanced it and it sucks or something now. :/

Edit: This, but the guy is way too conservative with his shots. You run out of ammo quickly, but not that quickly.

std::namespace

the heinrix daemon fight on kiava is a nasty little thing

idira on last legs can only trigger 1 pink to 2 blues split
2cymmEN.jpeg

but perils of the warp - UNTAMED POWAH - happens and she gets desperate measures of
and instead of the pink splitting on death, combat ends, kek, lucky
2c6aCXT.jpeg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
you fire it and it just splatters whatever's in front of you. Like someone made a truck into a gun.
so weak version of ogryn shotgun?

I think their base damage is actually close to 1:1 with the ripper.

And it shoots beyond the two feet range that the ogryn shotgun has.

But seriously, you can actually snipe with it. It kills most elites in 1-2 head shots, but it'll jump like a mule.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom