Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids - coming September 9th

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
No FOMO cash shop, content updates will be free.
NEWS
POSTED
Fri, May 24
Space Marine 2 - Community Update #1

Greetings Space Marines
As the release of
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
approaches, we will gradually share more information with you all. To do so, we’re excited to announce monthly
Space Marine 2
community updates! At the end of each month, a community update will be published with new
Space Marine 2
info or highlights from the past month. These updates will continue post-launch.

Let’s kick off our first update with the very best event of the year: the 2024 Warhammer Skulls Festival. Naturally, we took part in it to share a brand new
Space Marine 2
trailer. Yes, we know, very unexpected. This trailer unveiled the PvE and PvP game modes in Space Marine 2, which are coming in addition to the campaign mode. In case you missed it, you can watch it here:

Space Marine 2
offers three game modes. Let’s break it down:
  1. The campaign mode, in which you’ll embody Lieutenant Titus and his squad, playable solo or in co-op with up to 2 friends.
  2. The Operations mode, in which you’ll pick one of the 6 available classes and work in a team to defeat various xeno abominations. This PvE mode takes place parallel to the campaign and you’ll get to play as your own customised Space Marine.
  3. The Eternal War mode, in which Chaos and Imperium will clash Chainswords once again in intense 6v6 multiplayer battles.
In both PvE and PvP, 6 multiplayer classes with very different gameplay will be available. By playing them, you’ll be able to upgrade these classes with different perks and customise your armour with cosmetic elements.

We want Space Marine 2 to be an experience tailor-crafted for the players. Hence, we’re happy to confirm that there aren't any microtransactions in Space Marine 2. No in-game cash shop. All gameplay content and features will be free to all players. Any paid DLCs will be cosmetic only.

382b5355937beabb415b818b0648f9feb5638fc0.jpg

We know you want more details, and we have plenty to share!
Here’s what you can expect in the coming months:
  • Many cool and diverse trailers featuring content we know you’ll like.
  • Dozens of short videos highlighting some of the game’s features such as weapon showcases, classes breakdowns, progression and customisation details, action clips, etc.
  • Lots of in-game screenshots. While developing Space Marine 2, one of our priorities has been to offer you a spectacular, over-the-top experience and we're excited to show you the game we've meticulously crafted.
  • New community updates at the end of each month.
  • … and more™️!
What’s going on right now?
We would also like to share more insight about where we’re at: as you can guess, the content of the game has been locked for a while now, and we’re in the final stages of the game production. Most of our efforts are currently focused on debugging and polishing to pass the final certification steps. We want to deliver the cleanest possible experience at launch, and the team is fully focused on it!

While you wait for the game to be released, feel free to join our Discord server to hang out with other Warhammer 40,000 fans, players, and the team. Please do share your gorgeous figurines there, too! We love to see them.

Before we conclude our very first community update, we want to thank you for your support. We hold
Space Marine 2
very close to our hearts and seeing you all this excited motivates us even more to give you the best experience possible!

That’s it for today, see you next month. And don’t forget: for the Emperor!

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
releases in 108 days on PC. ⏲️

It might unironically be over for Darktide this time, wtf is the Season Pass for though?

Caim

Arcane
Lmao $100 to not receive an incomplete edition on the actual release date and you STILL need to pay for the DLC.

Lol. Lmao, even.

Caim

Arcane
The Marines look like they have about as much weight to them as an Aspect Warrior. Not a fan.

I also spotted a playable Grey Knight in here, but it's likely a skin.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The gameplay looks decent.

Will have to wait and see if the story is 2024 barista writing or not.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Gameplay looks like soulless cannon fodder schlock. Like that Zombie game Saber made before. They completely missed the combat DNA of the first Space Marine, with its smaller set pieces that seamlessly go between exploration and combat, and the manageable-sized, more mixed up and terrifying Orc waves making their rage feel all very personal and up-close. Everything just felt whole.

I don't get that same sense from the SM2 videos, but I'll reserve judgement for the final product that you guys are surely going to play and review for me.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Considering when it started development this may the last 40k title that isn't infested with progressive agenda values. I mean, assuming you aren't under the indirect command of a powerful battle sister girlboss, because the infestation started a while ago, but it shouldn't be riddled with female space marines or any ridiculous shit like that? I mean the FIRST one had a powerful IG female girlboss so you know, within reason.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
They completely missed the combat DNA of the first Space Marine
From that they've showed, the mechanical design seems entirely based of SM1
the manageable-sized, more mixed up and terrifying Orc waves making their rage feel all very personal and up-close.
I've said this previously in this thread and I'll say it again, but one of the biggest problems of SM1 was the fact that the orks were too much of health sponges
Perhaps the original devs wanted to have more orks on-screen but the PS3/360 hardware just couldn't cut it

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Your sidekicks this time around are an asian with a side shave and a black dude.

Your battle "brother" if you will.
Modern GW is two steps away from female space marines. In a 2024 game, I wouldn't even be that surprised if your ass gets saved by one of the newly minted "always been there" female custodes.

I don't know the demographics of Ultramar and I don't really care about smurfs.

I prefer White Scars and Mongols in space for my ethnocentric power fantasy. :obviously:

Caim

Arcane

Your sidekicks this time around are an asian with a side shave and a black dude.

Your battle "brother" if you will.
Modern GW is two steps away from female space marines. In a 2024 game, I wouldn't even be that surprised if your ass gets saved by one of the newly minted "always been there" female custodes.

I don't know the demographics of Ultramar and I don't really care about smurfs.

I prefer White Scars and Mongols in space for my ethnocentric power fantasy. :obviously:
Don't need to go White Scars for the Asian Marines. From the Pariah Nexus animation I present:

meet-our-new-brother-from-pariah-nexus-v0-se2y8nmt2tqb1.jpg

Brother Sa'Khan, Salamanders 3rd Company.

Sa'Khan deez nuts

lmao got em

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Don't need to go White Scars for the Asian Marines. From the Pariah Nexus animation I present:

Sa'Khan deez nuts

lmao got em

Technically still black. :smug:

But yeah I remember this. I guess someone got on their case that a 100% canonically black chapter is not diverse enough, which is one of the few instances we've seen this.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I've said this previously in this thread and I'll say it again, but one of the biggest problems of SM1 was the fact that the orks were too much of health sponges
Perhaps the original devs wanted to have more orks on-screen but the PS3/360 hardware just couldn't cut it

And thank god for hardware limitations. It forces designers to... design.

That zillions of Tyranids streaming in like a flood bullshit is lazy and boring.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
And the problem with 1 was that it got a bit ahit when it WASNT Orks. Chaos space marines are definitely more spongy than Orks or Tyranids and if you can't have Space Marines wading through shitloads of chaff what are u even doing making a space marine game? Who else would you even go for? Orks are better because of comedy value, but tyranids are cool enough and there will be a tyrant or two in there. Snapping Eldar would be pretty fun but it might turn into a snipe fest.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Sa'Khan deez nuts

lmao got em

Technically still black. :smug:

But yeah I remember this. I guess someone got on their case that a 100% canonically black chapter is not diverse enough, which is one of the few instances we've seen this.
Salamanders are not black, as in african black, but they do have nearly pitch black skin due to their gene seed and life in their desert and volcano littered homeworld of Nocturne.
Celestial Lions (successors of the Imperial Fists) are indeed african black.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom