Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids - coming September 9th

lightbane

Arcane
No wonder the game needs big gamey icons to tell you of stuff, everything looks blurry. Also, Titus apparently got slower since the first game. Must be age, which explains his failing agility and eyesight.

randir14

Augur
No wonder the game needs big gamey icons to tell you of stuff, everything looks blurry. Also, Titus apparently got slower since the first game. Must be age, which explains his failing agility and eyesight.
He should be better in every way since he underwent Primaris transformation

Israfael

Arcane

I've counted only two sync kills in the whole 9 minutes of 'gameplay', kinda worrying

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Yep, it sure does look like another Space Marine, the spectacle and visuals are gorgeous however.
tcr6zqifVqrZOw9u.jpg
3lAudornHbF1YGZ8.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
I always find it amusing that all these floors are built to handle a guy that weighs half a ton or more.

Behelit

Augur
*Sigh* Again Chaos takes over as the main villain.

Its indeed tiresome. Unless its were chaos lite Drukari. Opportunistic dark Eldar pirates swooping in during a Tyrannid invasion to snatch the blessed McGuffin. Our valiant hero in pursuit gets captured and spirited away through the webway to the Dark City that is Commoragh and fights in the arena. The gauntlet is capped by dueling a graceful and lithe succubus.

Cliffhanger ending.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Personally I was relieved to find out it wasn't all Tyranids. They're a cool army, and terrifying, but story-wise they're far more interesting when they create an opportunity for someone else to manipulate the situation. And who better than the Changer?

Fargus

Arcane
The game looks like cinematic button mashing where you just press a button from time to time and watch cool shit happen. Kinda like Ryse + boring over the shoulder camera shooting.

The first one was like that too?

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Watched the gameplay trailer, and for once I am not optimistic about this. SM the first was a fun romp, with scrumptious bloodshed, punchy bolters and gory criticals. In the clip, the bolters do not bring enough boom to the table, and melee seemed more like a super-watered-down Platinum ordeal rather than intense chopping through waves of enemies.

One thing that seemed interesting was that your companions were marked with Ultramarinara emblems, which seems to suggest that you might get other chapters making an appearance as well.

Caim

Arcane
I always find it amusing that all these floors are built to handle a guy that weighs half a ton or more.
IIRC in one of the books a thoroughly embarrassed Terminator had to be rescued by his brothers after he fell through a staircase.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Gerrard

Arcane
Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
bolters do not bring enough boom
By the Emperor, how do you fuck up something so essential?
The only game to date that got Bolters Right was Fire Warrior.

Bolters fire self-propelled projectiles, it would not sound anything like this. Also way too deep of a sound for the size, sounds like a tank firing.

Bolters use gyrojet rockets for ammo. Here's a real gyrojet pistol firing.

The one in the video I believe is .51 caliber. Bolters fire .75 caliber rounds so the sound wouldn't be too much louder than the real gyrojet rounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom