Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids - coming September 9th

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
FOR THE EMPEROR!

iu

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you even do woke writing on a Warhammer 40k game? Games Workshop producers have to authorize every line, you can't just write whatever you want. Seems like the furthest you could go is add some subplot about how the repression of the Imperium leads to some citizens being drawn to the cult of Slaanesh or something (before showing them all being righteously crushed underfoot anyway). Seems unsatisfying if you're an SJW.

Last edited:

Israfael

Arcane
Well, you see, the space marines are transhumans so it requires a trans person to write them properly :hahano: Pretty sure the way to ruin everything will be found, I have even more doubts about Saber interactive doing anything worth of playing. Old Relic is sadly gone (with its cast of voice actors, it seems), so I doubt the success of the first game could be approached even remotely

lightbane

Arcane
How do you even do woke writing on a Warhammer 40k game? Games Workshop producers have to authorize every line, you can't just write whatever you want. Seems like the furthest you could go is add some subplot about how the repression of the Imperium leads to some citizens being drawn to the cult of Slaanesh or something (before showing them all being righteously crushed underfoot anyway). Seems unsatisfying if you're an SJW.

Check the latest HH novels for a reference. Or hell, the latest WH40k novels in general. Stuff like a woman second-guessing fucking Girlyman, men being blamed as responsible for everything, a dumb bitch being responsible for casting the Primarchs into the Warp... Oops, don't count the last one.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
no fanfare for me till I hear Mark Strong's voice coming out of the man himself.
edit: apparently replaced by clive standen
:negative:

Israfael

Arcane
Check the latest HH novels for a reference. Or hell, the latest WH40k novels in general. Stuff like a woman second-guessing fucking Girlyman, men being blamed as responsible for everything, a dumb bitch being responsible for casting the Primarchs into the Warp... Oops, don't count the last one.
While Erda is cringy and unnecessary (along with all the other perpetual stuff), I don't see anything new in how women are treated in the novels, Commissar Cain was straight out dickhandled by the his inquisitor girlfriend since day one, there's been women fleet commanders back before the Kali-woga (like the Conqueror flag-captain and Warhound princeps primus from the HH novels). I'd say most of the pozzification happened on the minature front, with all sexuality/nudity removed from the female troops (although knowing GW, they might have used that as an excuse to cut the production costs yet again)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Looks like shit.
It can look like a German for all I care if the gameplay and characters match up to its predecessor.

LOL just from those few seconds of gameplay I can tell this will be another one of those half-arsed, cheap, Focus Home shovelware trash products made by hacks.
Hmm... The thing about Space Marine gameplay is that it runs on an interesting engine - the Phoenix Engine, used for Darksiders II. Thus the "seamless" transitions from chainsword to bolter and repeat.

So it kinda depends who owns that. (Another question is what Eternal Crusade is running on..)

TBH the predecessor was shit-tier level design and the characters were forgettable. But good encounters + the gameplay system made it worthy.

Derek Larp

Cipher

I've noticed some 'cosmetic' stuff, e.g. in the Guy Haley book with the black space marine on the cover there is a female ace starship captain who is possibly lesbian, has purple dyed hair and a coke addiction. I mean it doesn't affect the plot or anything but it's still like 'I see what you did there'.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
are tyranids supposed to bleed red?
No. They might, but generally, no. It's typically mentioned as being purple, some mentions of yellow and black blood are found as well, but as nids are quick at adapting and mutating into basically anything, it's not entirely implausible that the color of their blood could change too.

Well is that guy any good?
Think he's the actor that played Rollo in Vikings, I kinda liked him there, at least. Might be good, might be horrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom