Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Besides removing content because they can't compress their shit or manage to create a modular installer, I can't knock Bungie for their seasonal content. They do a really good job at it and moving the narrative forward between the yearly expansions. I just hope they don't repeat the same mistakes as they did with Vermintide 2 because they really killed their own momentum with the console ports taking priority over actual content for people who bought the game on PC. That's the sort of thing they should've outsourced.

I've never played one of these things before (the Vermintide, L4D, etc. style of game). Are they any good? This is the first one that's looked interesting to me because I don't care about fighting rats or zombies.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
97hdjwhc32391.png

6sh5m87gh7391.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The more different kinds of currency there are, the less I like it, but this sounds fine. (Not good, but fine.) V2 has a very similar setup with cosmetics and it's nonintrusive so whatever.

Beowulf

Arcane
Journos gonna journo...
IGN working hard for their reputation.

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
TBH In Vermintide you also have some cosmetics that can't be bought with in-game currency, only for real money.
That is true, but at least it told you the price right there instead of using these currencies to obfuscate the price and get you into this loop.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
As someone who's played a lot of Vermintide, it's weird watching the gameplay of Darktide. Everything about it is so familiar; the animations, the sound design, the movement. The guy on the radio sounds like Kruber, one of the characters sounds like Bardin, another one sounds a bit like Sienna, and one sounds like some unholy mixture of Victor and Pusfume. If they keep the combat as fun as it is in Vermintide then great, but hopefully they won't carry over all the bugs and their shoddy development style. I mean they will, I'm sure, but it'd be nice.

Codex Year of the Donut
Nothing inspires less confidence in a game's release than it being delayed by a handful of weeks. Something worthy of delaying the release of a game can't be fixed in a few weeks.

Latelistener

Arcane
I expect it to be like an Early Access game and I have some doubts about the amount of content on release. That's why I'll wait for a couple of years.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Speaking of less confidence in the game's release, as the date was getting closer to September they were still not releasing the system requirements - made me think why. A delay itself doesn't bother me though.

You can sign up for (Beta) Playtest here:

https://www.darktide.live/signup

Send your email, they'll respond within a few minutes to your email with a link. The link is a fairly short questionnaire with focus on what your system specs are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom