Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Because all you twits pledging atrocious amounts, I changed mine from 65$ to 165$. But that's it. They better deliver.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Just registered entirely to say how pumped up I am about this. After nigh on a decade of gut-punches delivered by the "RPG" industry this is the first reason for optimism in a long time.

Donated my $100. Hope lots more people do the same.

Ah, just as planned. It's luring all the lurkers out into the open. Soon, master, soon your machine will be complete!

c0VTT.gif

empi

Augur
Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Wasteland 2.

feels goood

Stabwound

Arcane
Holy shit, someone just did $10,000.

And now Notch did a tweet. Maybe that $5000 (or even the $10,000) was him afterall, like someone said. :smug:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Or just walk around with a sign: "Blowjobs $10 each. I swallow." to raise the money. Then Fargo could send you a t-shirt that says, "I sucked dick for Wasteland 2".

and send brian the money within an envelope?! yeah, those fuckin' poor us postmen will be happy about it...

As hiver said, Paypal would block this kind of transactions, alas.

ain't that what adaptive payments are for? i will buy some instant credit card shit to pledge. hopefully that works :D

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Because all you twits pledging atrocious amounts, I changed mine from 65$ to 165$. But that's it. They better deliver.
And you raising your pledge is making me want to up mine to $250. :: Moth flies out of wallet ::

Honestly, I think they will deliver. Of course, nothing will make everyone happy -- especially not here -- but if they are not talking out of their ass and do intend to follow up on the kind of game design they are espousing then more power to them. It warms my withered old heart.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Goddammit I'm supposed to be working and all I've been doing since 9am is spamming the fucking F5 key on the Kickstarter page!

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've decided to pledge $65 for now, though I might not resist the temptation of changing it to $115 for the premium boxed edition.

There was a Fallout 1 and 2?” is sig-worthy.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Put down $50 $65. Major brofists to all the crazy people that dropped $1000 or more.

Fryjar

Augur
Sorry for cross posting from ITS but here it goes anyway:

I hate to be the doomsayer but at this pace I have my doubts that they will reach the 900k.
These funding schemes are heavily front loaded with a spike at the end. Funding declines exponentially after the first day, and after the third it usually almost stagnates. Looking at the current pace they can be happy to reach 300k after the first 24 hours. Where are the remaining donators supposed to be coming from?

I sure hope I'm wrong but the optimism of some people here is a bit premature.

Edit: All that being said I donated as well.

bonescraper

So, the Executive President of Epic Games pledged his 5k.

TJSrb.jpg

So, who's next? Todd Howard? Ray Muzyka? Bobby Kotick?

It's all nice and everything, but also fucking ironic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom