Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #32: Release delayed, beta testing in October

Monty

Arcane
You guys really are pathetic.
Still a troll, I see
:roll:

Game gets delayed. Codex: "Oh boy that's great. It just means they're taking more time to make a great game. All the other promises will be met - no worries."

:codexisfor:
The people involved have track records of delivering, and many posters here thought the timeframe was too short anyway.

It's hardly another Grimoire is it?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I'm wondering if non pledgers buying the game after release is enough to make a real profit. If all the funds go into development (+ back catalog sales and further paypal donations that kept going on) then Inxile is going to rely on the very late bloomers to make money (actually, costs will continue with support).

Of course there's Numenera but it's just rinse and repeat really. Only as long as new popular ideas keep coming in.

The delay might make for a better game but it reduces profit potential (or increases loss potential).

IMO this is what makes or breaks their business model. I'm not sure what to expect but hope for the best. I'd hate for Inxile to go bankrupt because they set themselves up for breaking even at best.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Looks like you can't make a full-featured RPG in 18 months after all. :M

I look forward to a 2014 release date.

oy..you want it done right...or do you want it done storyfaggotry...

If the latter the release date is 2015....

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
There's a difference to being indifferent, worried and happy. Some people in here are actually happy. As for track records - we're not in the 90s any more.

Gee, imagine that, numbnuts. We're happy inXile are going to do things right and not rush in order to fulfill an unrealistic and somewhat naive Kickstarter release date promise. Most people were upset at the release date in the first place.

Ban IDtenT for: retard.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I don't feel let down or anything. I'm glad they respect their audience enough to delay release and make sure they put out a good product rather than put out something incomplete a few months earlier.

Wizfall

Cipher
It is not that people are happy about the delay.
It is it was expected and that what everybody don't want above all is W2 to be bad or average.
W2 must be good, it's very important on many levels, so much important that everything else about it doesn't matter at all.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
None. Just the release date.

Ironic that in other threads people are annoyed about the end game state that could occur if you have a poor reputation as a Desert Ranger when the alternatives mean large amounts of additional game content and development time/budget requirements.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Great. What other promises were naive and unrealistic? Maybe they'll scrap those too.

Well, if I had to guess I'd say probably DURRRR HURRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Stabwound

Arcane
Of course they're going to delay the game if it's not going to be up to snuff by the promised release date. inXile is obviously planning on doing the crowdfunding thing for a long time, and if their first high-profile offering came out as a broken turd it would demolish their future of designing games with the crowdfunding model.

Besides, would you rather have a good delayed game or a fucked up early one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom